Why am I not being automatically logged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I've noticed this as well. If I log in using a link to the new alerts page I have to relog, but if I use a link to main forums page there's no need to login. Is that what you're doing?

I have a separate bookmark for each board and one for a specific thread. At first, under this new software, clicking on any forum meant having to sign in, but I was automatically logged in when I clicked on the individual thread. But that sign-in didn't carry over, i.e. I could respond or like within that thread, but when I went to any board, I'd have to sign in.

I'm trying one last thing -- removed all cookies and bookmarks for this forum, logged-in (now), whitelisted the new cookies and created new bookmarks. If this doesn't keep me automatically logged in, I doubt I'll continue with this forum (the moderators' cavalier attitude towards the discrimination which prevents me from using one board or being a contributing member has long irked me anyway).

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
Update: erasing all cookies (both through Chrome and by CCleaner) and creating new bookmarks works, for a while. Then it doesn't. I read somewhere the cookies have to be recreated every time the site certificate updates. I'm not entirely sure what that means.

All I know is I'll be automatically logged on for a day or two, then I have to sign in again. If anyone isn't getting a 'Like' they deserve, it's because I'm too lazy to sign in to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread