Why are a lot of people obsessed with vaping at high W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I just bought a smok alien 220 and I vape at 15-20 watts. I will never push it into high wattage. I bought it for the massive battery life from a dual battery mod at my puny wattage.

If you bought the Alien Kit you would probably be at 30 watts or so like me which is 25% BELOW the recommended range!

Reactions: Myrany

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Because they can and they want to?

Gawd I started with <8W on a Aspire K1 and now I'm driving a KFv5 with over TWICE THAT wattage! (20W)

If they like it why not? Its their battery life (or not).
I started with an EGO-C tank system. Yeah that's a whole new definition for tootle puffer. ;)

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I've vaped as low as 5w and as high as 120w, quite honestly if you know what you're doing you can get a good vape at almost any wattage. I'm currently vaping 6mg (yes, I like some nic) around 40w. My batteries love me for it and I get great battery life, to each their own though vape however you like.

xXxelis_prxXx

Jun 14, 2016
So your 'friends' insist ...

Their mods, their attys, their juice, their lungs, their tastebuds.
So they can do as they see fit with theirs.
As you can do as you see fit with yours.

Tootlepuffer or cloudzbro or anything in between - dat's your bidness alone :)

Best comment [emoji119]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
Hanger wire...

Just like the person that "needs" a 300HP car but can still only go up to the speed limit... or have the newest and largest phone or an Apple computer...it compensates for other things.

:p:pervy:

Hey now...hey...don't be giving away our secrets. :p

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
The only way I can vape down to about 14 watts is when Tootle Puffing a 1.8 coil in the Nautilus 2. When I am able to go down to 25 watts is in my target mini .5 ceramic coil. With the Nautilus 2 I need the nicotine level to be 18 and with the target mini tank a 12mg. I just can't stand having a low production of vapor without feeling the nicotine strength. I mostly use an RDA at an average 60 watts with 6mg or 3mg sometimes. I don't understand how people can be at 14 watts and be satisfied with a low level nicotine. Maybe it's just me.

Reactions: Eskie

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
The only way I can vape down to about 14 watts is when Tootle Puffing a 1.8 coil in the Nautilus 2. When I am able to go down to 25 watts is in my target mini .5 ceramic coil. With the Nautilus 2 I need the nicotine level to be 18 and with the target mini tank a 12mg. I just can't stand having a low production of vapor without feeling the nicotine strength. I mostly use an RDA at an average 60 watts with 6mg or 3mg sometimes. I don't understand how people can be at 14 watts and be satisfied with a low level nicotine. Maybe it's just me.
I have mostly been vaping 6mg, but started with subohm equipment. I just switched to tootle puffing equipment and vaped some of the hubbys 12mg with no problem, but still find satisfaction with my 6mg too. I just mixed up some of my favorite recipes in 9mg. That's one of the awesome parts of diy, I can mix up whatever I want.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I started with an EGO-C tank system. Yeah that's a whole new definition for tootle puffer. ;)

Ya, so did I @Myrany. It was pretty much the latest and greatest in 2012 unless you went mechanical, LOL.

The heads were sure 'interesting' to rebuild though :rolleyes:

Kotton

Jan 25, 2017
Insisting on vaping at high wattage for the sake of vaping at high wattage is kinda dumb, IMO. My all day vape is set at 50w and i have no intention on changing it. It fits well at work, it gives me sick flavour and keeps my mod alive for the day. It´s a R80 for the record.

However, if i´m at home and just want to go balls out i flip a Goon on the Minikin V2 or the Alien and vape at higher wattage for them cloudzzz bro. But i´d never do that at work or when i´m out and about.

Reactions: Eskie

Kikofarakiko

Feb 13, 2017
I am struggling with this as well, I am really looking for a good reason why I want to change my 30W IPV Mini, the only reason I see a lot of people do is crazy coil builds that need immense power to heat up, low ohm and such, otherwise for my day to day vaping I'm chasing flavor, and I work in an environment where clouds are deemed childish (you know, big boys and all), so I'm really not sure why I would ever need a 150W mod.

Sent from my HTC One X9 dual sim using Tapatalk

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
its more like people are obsessed with going to extremes.... its the thrill of going beyond the norm
Without going into the gory details...I went to the extremes with pretty much everything. 13 years ago, I made the decision to stop doing that. My family, friends and even myself find the norm far more thrilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread