Status
Not open for further replies.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I've built a few. Mainly because I like to make things. It's easy to build an unregulated mod because it's basically a box that holds a battery a switch and a 510 connector. The last one I built was slightly more complicated in that it included a mosfet so I could use a low amp rated switch. If I ever build another, it will probably be a regulated mod with VV/VW.

Here it is post 231

show off your mech! homebuilt mods only! | Page 12 | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Yeah, I figured, and "it's mine" :)

Another question -- I keep hearing about Flashlights. Is this about using various types of flashlights to encase your Mod?
Actually, "back in the day", vapers would modify flashlights and vape with them. That's where the term "mod" came from.

Reactions: vlahmapoutras

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
If you are after something specific that is unavailable commercially you have little choice but to build your own. Be warned though costs mount up! I built an unregulated squonk box to try squonking, as they are thin on the ground in the UK. It worked well enough for me to know that I was going to stick with bottom fed and unregulated. The biggest issue is finding an enclosure. I toyed with the idea of having a box machined at a local machine shop but its not cheap, you will almost certainly need a couple of trial runs before you get what you want. My home made mod was better than some of the cheap rubbish available in the UK. I ended up buying a Reo. On reflection i could have save my self a lot of time and frustration and bought a Reo in the first place and bumped it for a few quid less if I did not get on with the unregulated / bottom feed setup.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Necessity is the mother of invention :)
I wanted a regulated bottom feeder and altho they are commercially available there not cheep and hard to come by here in Canada.
I took it upon my self to make one :)
I try to look for some kind of enclosure I can repurpose. Like I said all ready It does not have to cost a lot of money
I built this mod for very little money. I repurposed a FT mech mod enclosure added a DNA 30 and a home made BF 510
Now I have a regulated BF'er for less than 100.00$

If you are after something specific that is unavailable commercially you have little choice but to build your own. Be warned though costs mount up! I built an unregulated squonk box to try squonking, as they are thin on the ground in the UK. It worked well enough for me to know that I was going to stick with bottom fed and unregulated. The biggest issue is finding an enclosure. I toyed with the idea of having a box machined at a local machine shop but its not cheap, you will almost certainly need a couple of trial runs before you get what you want. My home made mod was better than some of the cheap rubbish available in the UK. I ended up buying a Reo. On reflection i could have save my self a lot of time and frustration and bought a Reo in the first place and bumped it for a few quid less if I did not get on with the unregulated / bottom feed setup.

tobyfootball

Mar 15, 2015
Mi
You can actually save some money building your own mod :)
Here's a kit for 79.95. To buy a comparable mod it would cost 200.00 Plus :)
DNA40D Box Mod Kit - Lonesome Vapors
I built several of my own mods, It's has become a fun hobby for me :)

thanks for that link ive been loking for a dna40 kit how the hanna clone enclosure?

and as far as making your own i havnt but im in works of doing it up. imo i want something a little diffrent most of the dna40s have screens in a diffrent spot and buttons i dont want so i just like the fact that i can put anything anywhere i want you know

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The enclosures is good, the Finish is not all that durable but it's nice when their new.
A Fat daddy 510 is a nice extra there not that much money :)The same site sells them
You will need to tap the enclosure for the FD 510, a 9 mm bit and a 10mm 1mm pitch tap is all you need :)

thanks for that link ive been loking for a dna40 kit how the hanna clone enclosure?

and as far as making your own i havnt but im in works of doing it up. imo i want something a little diffrent most of the dna40s have screens in a diffrent spot and buttons i dont want so i just like the fact that i can put anything anywhere i want you know

Reactions: tobyfootball
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread