ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Me too! I have always been impressed with TFA's level of transparency; I wish more flavor manufacturers would follow their example. You can find a lot of info under their FAQ tab (near the bottom):
View attachment 657833

It's nice that they are so transparent. It's also useful. When you're mixing flavors it's a good thing to know whats in them, for a couple of reasons.

One is knowing how flavors complement each other. For instance, I'd generally think banana and pear a great "pearing" when it comes to artificial flavorings, because I would expect both to contain isoamyl acetate, but in fact TFA Pear (kind of surprisingly) doesn't seem to have any in it. It does contain some isoamyl butyrate, and I'd expect some molecule swapping to improve the pairing over time, but the TFA data sheet has kind of killed my high hopes for a shake and vape TFA only banana pear.

The other is knowing when you're just overdoing a particular molecule. Creams and custards are a place where people are likely very susceptible to this. There are a lot of creams and custards, they have a lot of molecules in common, and a lot of recipes use them. I'm amazed any DIYer can still taste custard at all ;).

Reactions: Kenna

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
It's nice that they are so transparent. It's also useful. When you're mixing flavors it's a good thing to know whats in them, for a couple of reasons.

One is knowing how flavors complement each other. For instance, I'd generally think banana and pear a great "pearing" when it comes to artificial flavorings, because I would expect both to contain isoamyl acetate, but in fact TFA Pear (kind of surprisingly) doesn't seem to have any in it. It does contain some isoamyl butyrate, and I'd expect some molecule swapping to improve the pairing over time, but the TFA data sheet has kind of killed my high hopes for a shake and vape TFA only banana pear.

The other is knowing when you're just overdoing a particular molecule. Creams and custards are a place where people are likely very susceptible to this. There are a lot of creams and custards, they have a lot of molecules in common, and a lot of recipes use them. I'm amazed any DIYer can still taste custard at all ;).
I will be the first to say that I flunked preschool chemistry. So, to say "you are talking over my head," would be a massive understatement. But I can see, with a good understanding, how such information could be useful.:toast:

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I will be the first to say that I flunked preschool chemistry. So, to say "you are talking over my head," would be a massive understatement. But I can see, with a good understanding, how such information could be useful.:toast:

I'm not an organic chemist, to put it mildly. Some of what I'm talking about here is- well, to put it in context, it's no more difficult than building coils is ;).

Flavors that actually share important molecules are likely to go well together. Flavors that feature molecules that share structure are likely to go well together after some steeping. Using too many flavors that feature the same molecule can be as bad as overusing one flavor with that molecule. That was my point, and I wish other companies were as transparent as TFA.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Fuggin vapor has some good vaping mouthwash also. Sometimes they have it on sale for $5.00 but most of the time it is $10.00
Hi @Buckspeed and welcome to the community!

This didn't impress me much: Vawesome Mouthwash | Is this a Fuggin joke? - Vaping360

It looks like a fairly typical mouthwash at a "premium" name-brand price (at $5 per 13.5oz. when comparing to a name brand like Biotene; and $10-$12 per 13.5oz. is just being stupid). In the ingredients listed (see link), I didn't see anything listed that would whiten (no surfacants, abrasives, or bleaching/oxidizing agents), let alone help with vaper's tongue (unless it is the alcohol/ethanol). I think you are getting more benefit from following Vawesome's directions to "brush teeth twice daily," and "drink 8 cups of water daily," than from the mouthwash itself (my opinion only).
I think I'll pass; but thanks for sharing. :D:toast:

Deborah Greene

Apr 3, 2015
that happened to me also I was using spearmint at first it was so disgusting, then I went back to it and it actually tasted great I don't know if it was the vapor riser I was using or if it was my tongue but it is constantly changing I also have to change flavors a lot because I get tired of the flavors after a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
that happened to me also I was using spearmint at first it was so disgusting, then I went back to it and it actually tasted great I don't know if it was the vapor riser I was using or if it was my tongue but it is constantly changing I also have to change flavors a lot because I get tired of the flavors after a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That happens to me, too. I can vape something for a year & love it. Then suddenly bleh. Find something else & after a bit try the other again, & yay!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IDJoel

flambo

Feb 24, 2016
Rayonia
You may be using juices with too high flavour & olfactory fatigue is kicking in really fast.
It's a survival mechanism.

Don't hate me, plz.
I've never had vapers' tongue.
I've vaped only one flavour for weeks on end, sometimes in 4 diff atties at the same time-
or 3 same atties, testing the diff between twisted, parallel & parallel twisted. Dual was a bridge too far...lol

Despite decades of smoking, I had an acute sense of smell.
(lol- once I ducked into a dead end street because I could smell ripe feijoas; they were about 100m from the corner)

It magnified the longer I was vaping.
My first non-smoking Spring, going outside my house was like walking into a perfume shop & was quite over-whelming at times.

As others have said, your senses of taste & smell can fluctuate a bit/a lot.
Occasionally, I find the juice I've vaped ~95% of the time for 2+ years is too sweet for me, and, eg, the peccorino I always buy was too sweet at the same time.

As I've upgraded mods & atties, switched to rayon, I'm now using 10% of the conc I was using for that fave 2 years ago, and still decreasing. (tobacco)

imo, because food/drink flavours are homogenous, lack texture & diff flavours at diff times, it's harder to give you the pleasure you get eating eg a real cheesecake.

What you eat & drink will affect the way you you perceive you juices, and vice versa.
I've stuck to tobacco flavours, because I always smoked asap after food, and coffee without tobacco flavour is almost unthinkable.

Those associations became very strong over the years.
imo, dropping tobacco flavours too early is creating an unnecessary extra hurdle to staying quit of smoking.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Seven years and, I still get vapers tongue easily - have to have at least two flavors to get through a day. Lemon water, black coffee or, Litsterne Total Care Zero mouthwash all help but, only for one vaping session - 10-12 puffs and, no flavor again.

I just keep two tanks, or two mods filled, if they have built in tanks.

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
You may be tasting something else in it, because neither the regular TFA Banana Cream nor the DX version of it contain any alcohol. Maybe it's the acetoin in the regular version that you're tasting? The DX version doesn't have it.

Also, about your vapor's tongue...another ECF member and I were both experiencing it about a month ago. We compared info. on what eliquids both of us had been vaping, what foods we'd recently eaten, etc. right before vapor's tongue hit us. We discovered we'd both eaten foods with noticeable garlic in them. We each got it to go away and could taste things again, but I wanted to know for sure if it was the garlic. So the next week (after eating NO garlic at all for 6 days), I ordered a pizza with butter garlic crust for supper, and yep....it did it again! Had vapor's tongue that night and all the next day until about 5PM, despite brushing my teeth 3 times during that time.

So it may be related to something you're eating, too, possibly.
I know this is from a few months ago. However I get vapors tounge a lot! I eat a ton of garlic. I'm going to test this out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: JCinFLA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread