why do people blow into their rda's before taking hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
all the youtube vid reviews ive seen on rda's i noticed folks first blow into their rda's a few short fast hits and than vape..why is that?
Could be to tone down the spitback? Idk. I've never done it.
Edit: just tried it. It let's the coils warm up a bit, but it's the same otherwise. Could be useful on a mech.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Generally see this with techniques learned for cloud chucking. While the coil using very thick wire is ramping up, exhaling into the RDA, then once fully exhaled, the coil should be up to full temp, pull in breath on the RDA. Modified version, may not be competition level coils, coils are still relatively slow firing up, I do it, testing the coils as they ramp up, vapor starts coming out the air inlets, good to take a hit.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
When they blow into the RDA quickly before inhaling it's usually a short breath out as they are emptying the last of their lung capacity. Instead of exhaling all the way then taking the draw, the last split second exhale is into the RDA.

This is usually done for liquid spit back since a lot of RDA's have wide bore tips.

I also think it helps get some air on the coil as it's heating up for a larger draw.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I believe it has to do with the coil ramp up. So when you initially hit a mod, especially with lower guage and low ohm coil(s), there is se ramp up time and vapor is still being produced. Instead of drawing that vapor and exhaling, some vapers blow out the initial Vapor through the air intake and proceed to take their hit. I have found it really gets the vapor flowing. Of course this is my opinion so we'll see what others say about it. I am scared to spit juice everywhere when I do it though. I have recently started this technique.

Reactions: Vape Morgan
I don't know exactly why it's done or the 'cool' names for it, but in my little group it is kinda the way you cool the coils before hitting it, **kinda your show of respect for the build** giving you a chance to clear* the 'heat hit' if you will... We build tight, small coils and generally try to see who can get theirs (with safety on mind at all times) the hottest, quickest- and provide that deep, thick plume of smoke.. It also (once you're used to your build) gives you that extra little push of air that is in your lungs and it expells it, not only (once again) cooling the coil to produce more smoke, but give you that extra space to hold the "chucked" cloudage.

Last edited:

BigGOOSE

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2015
I try not to do it in tanks. The tfv is my exception as the coils are vertical. Some of the coil heads/ builds that lay horizontal are thinner gauge and a seemingly gentle push can make them touch the sides and make them short. YMMV. And just don't ever do it in the nautilus my wife found it ruins the coils. (3 coils down the drain) yes she's blonde.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I try not to do it in tanks. The tfv is my exception as the coils are vertical. Some of the coil heads/ builds that lay horizontal are thinner gauge and a seemingly gentle push can make them touch the sides and make them short. YMMV. And just don't ever do it in the nautilus my wife found it ruins the coils. (3 coils down the drain) yes she's blonde.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is Grey..........It doesn't help:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread