Why do Sigelei mods emit a "buzzing" sound when the screen is on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I just purchased a sigelei 150W box mod (in blue) and received it yesterday (one of the last batches they are producing for this model as they are about to retire it.) I notice that when the screen is lit up, the device emits a very annoying high pitched buzzing sound that stays on until the screen turns back off again...I can hear it like a foot away from the device...very annoying when everything else with the mod is almost 100 percent perfect...it just always seems that there is always an issue with something that comes out of China...never fails!

Upon Googling this issue I discover I'm not the only one who suffers this issue, it does it on other people's 150's, on their 100's, their 100 plus's and even the new 150 TC model. Most people ..... about it and are frustrated with it (as I am) while others claim "it's normal, every mod does this", well uhm no "every mod doesn't do this", I've never run into this with any other brand before except for sigelei.

Is there no way to fix this issue or am I just stuck with it? It's very disappointing that if I'm in a quiet room (or even a room that's not so quiet) that I have to listen to a constant "BUZZ" coming from my box mod every time I wake it up to take a vape on it.

Can't wait to see what ProVape is about to release so I can ditch these cheap ... China mods, so tired of their ....ty build quality and parts. I had no choice but to go that route because ProVape's current line up doesn't go over 20 watts, but that seems to be changing here shortly. Please don't disappoint ProVape.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I've had no luck with china and by that I mean eleaf's istick line and any off brand name or clone of a vv/vw mod. Sig. and IPV have been good to me. They are way above the other mods from china as far as quality is concerned and I've never had an issue. I didn't think about it last night but I'll see if the DNA's have any noise to them when I get home.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
It's like the mosquito ringtone. The OLED screen is emitting a ultra high frequency tone when turned on. Some people can hear it, some can't.

And so what if it emits a tone? I can hear tv's and phone chargers. THAT'S annoying. Can't go anywhere without one present.

I think we have found your (maybe not so) Super Power!

Reactions: 52anddone

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
I think we have found your (maybe not so) Super Power!
Eh. My dad is the same way. It's more common than you think. Some people can just hear further into the spectrum than others. I used to know someone who could hear really low pitched stuff that I couldn't.

My point was, it's an electronic device. They do emit tones on occasion. Doesn't mean it's cheap or Chinese crap. The OP is welcome to go back to his Provapes if it bothers him, but many people, myself included, like Sigelei mods and will continue to buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread