Why does the liquid in my Tornado-t tank get darker as it is used up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
I too noticed this before my tank died! All I could think of is possibly there is residue from a different liquid still in the tank that mixes with whats being used at the time. I never would blow out my atty or clean it when changing flavors, I would always just puff through it. I have some light colored juices and some dark ones, but it is baffling when my green tea juice, which is one of my lightest colored juices, came out very brown when I checked it. Tasted fine though. I dunno...

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
My theory is the ejuice is being heated in the plastic tank from the atomizer/cylinder which darkens some juices more than others. Happens in cartomizers too if you blow out excess juice after you have been using them with a light flavor. There since it can touch the atomizer you assume it's buildup. I find it hard to believe that very much gunky juice would wick up into the tank given you are constantly sucking it down.

Flavor particle sediment in coffee type juices don't seem to make it through the wick and can sometimes even clog it, but they are dark juices already.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I and others had this problem with the carlos juice box. it seems the atty only vaped some of the elements of ejuice, the more easily lower atomizing point elements and didn't vape the more heavier elements.
You could also say the CJB had a coil self cleaning design as eliquid would 'wash' over the coil and return to the bottle when you pumped.

zombienerd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
First off, you really want to avoid any dark colored (or even moderate colored) juices in the eGo-T / Tornado-T / Inferno-T. They gunk up in this design, and cause many problems with your tankomizers.

Second, I have noticed the same thing when I said "screw it" and tried one of my dark juices. It also seemed that the dark area was a lot thicker than the surrounding juice. I believed this was caused by over-vaping, and the needle heating up the juice to the point of "cooking" it, causing it to thicken and darken. This lead me to believe that I either needed to take more time between vapes on the dark juice, or stop using it in the Tank. I took the second option, as I chain vape, and hate waiting between puffs.

If you stay with the dark juice, you will need to undertake severe cleaning regimens :D I have plenty of tricks and tips on cleaning and maintenance on my blog. Link is in my signature.

Bugsy

Mar 30, 2009
Nottingham, UK
The obvious answer to this phenomenum is that carbon deposits accumulate on the atomizer element and are then gradually dissolved back into the remaining liquid stored in the tank. To prove my point I stuck a fine but stiff wire down the atomizer opening and wiggled it. On recommencing vaping the solution in the tank very quickly became discolored, due to the fact that I actively freed up some of the deposits deep in the atty. The vaping experience with this discolored solution is much harsher but then it would be as we are breathing in proper smoke as the recirculated carbon is reheated by the atty during vaping. Could be wrong but this is my conclusion at the mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread