The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why don't more vapers use TC?

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by 6steelstrings, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 6steelstrings

6steelstrings Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2014
    North Carolina Triad
    I watch a lot of youtube reviews of vaping products and all of the "professionals" that do these reviews all use watt or power mode instead of TC. Is there a good reason for this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    Possibly better clouds with power mode?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hitmetwice

Hitmetwice Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    The bigger the clouds in their vids the more sales for the manufacturers.

TC gives a softer more controlled vape.
    I use both power and TC.

• Like Like x 4
  4. BulletStopper

BulletStopper Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2013
    Kentucky
    Phil Busardo is a big advocate of TC. But he is also a MTL vaper, also rare among reviewers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Ever notice how it can be the Middle of August, and be about 10 Degrees cooler outside then High Noon on Mercury, and a YouTube reviewer is wearing a Long Sleeve Hoodie?

I think with some of the Temperatures those reviews set the A/C at to do those Vids that they could still Blow Clouds using 100% PG e-Liquids.

LOL

• Like Like x 10
  6. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    I do notice I have to adjust TC based on ambient... don't have to adjust as much when running VW...

But the main thing is TC is New....heck sub ohm regulated VV/VW vaping is really only a couple years old.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Why don't more people spend all day playing with a Rubiks Cube?

• Like Like x 11
  8. CosmicGopher

CosmicGopher Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2015
    Easy to understand. Alot of people don't want to deal with complex settings on their mod. And then there's the various types of wire. And alot of people resented the big push to temp control on their mods in the first place....now you can rarely find a non temp control mod anywhere. Depends on your preferences.....say....do you want a phone that's easy to use, or one that takes 3 weeks to master and a constant look at the manual.

• Like Like x 6
  9. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    I use an rda all the time and always in temp control.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Schue

Schue Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2015
    Texas
    I have 3 DNA mods and no longer use temp control in any of them because I strictly use RDAs and don't like the taste of them when my cotton runs dry.

I like the efficiency of the DNA chip and the futureproofness (don't know if that is a word) that the Escribe software offers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
  12. TVC70

TVC70 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2011
    AZ, USA
    I like the ease of coiling up an atty, popping it on my mod, setting the volts or watts I want, and then vaping away. I have a number of mods that will do TC, but I've just never really had an interest in exploring it. :unsure:

• Like Like x 5
  13. Hitmetwice

Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Another reason why the reviewers prefer wattage mode... Have you seen the amount of tanks and devices on their shelves? Do they know which tanks have a nickle coil, Ti coil, SS or kanthal?

I have only 4 tanks in use, 2 with NI200 coils.
    Putting either one of those 2 on a device set to power mode and taking a vape will make me realize very quickly I've made a mistake.

I can only imagine if I had 10 tanks or more, some with nickle coils in them, how often I'd make that ghastly mistake. I'd prolly be ditching any coil that must be run under TC mode pretty quickly too! Cheers.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    Most of my mods have TC mode, but I just don't use it. I use Kanthal wire in my builds, but nice to have the option should I decide to venture out.

• Like Like x 3
  15. dobroeutro

dobroeutro Super Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    I use tanks, RTA's & RDA's and always use TC. I use SS coils & only build with SS wire. Works great for me... :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Netherlands
    I think the main reason people don't switch to TC that easily is that we are creatures of habits. We don't like change and having to adapt to something new but rather stick to what we know.

<---- uses nothing but TC by the way :)

This is a good example:

Because if he'd actually tried it he'd know there was nothing to master. Just set the type of wire you use and choose the temp of preference like you would your wattage of preference & voila; you're vaping with TC.

The biggest change will probably be what builds and wire you use, which can cost some time to experiment with.

But to each there own, whatever works for you.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Hitmetwice

Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Most of us I think, back when we started, were looking for something that just worked. Relatively plug and play to get us off the stinkies in the quickest most dependable way.

As we progress some of us "geek out" on different aspects of vaping. It is our individual choice. Some geek out on DIY juice and go all in on protective equipment, graduated cylinders, beakers, magnetic stirrers, scales, the list is almost endless and then there are all the flavourings....

Some others of us start geeking out on rebuildables. There are dozens or even hundreds of different ways to make a coil to vapourize e-liquid...

Others geek out on all the different and new equipment and go on a quest to own everything on the market...

There really is nothing wrong with each of us choosing the aspect(s) that interest us the most and geeking out in that area if we choose. Really, I think it is a good thing and very necessary for some of us.

Q the newcomer! He/she happens along and sees all this geekiness and thinks this is how it needs to be for them! If they choose DIY for example. They do not need magnetic stirrers, beakers, graduated cylinders or over the top protective gear to try DIY, but they may think they do and pass on it. To this day I have none of these, yet have been making almost all the juice I can vape for almost 5 years.

Same with the coils, it can be a simple 5 or 6 wrap SS COIL or one of the fancy builds that might take all day to make. 24G, 28G, 32G twisted wire, ribbon wire etc. etc.The newcomer sees how involved rebuilding can be and says NO it's not for me, too involved.

Then TC comes along (a truly great advancement imo) Nickel, Titanium, SS, plus newer ones and TCR settings and, and, and.
    Too much involvement and investment of time.

But none of these aspects of vaping require a huge amount of investment in time or money to find a great vape, unless one chooses to geek right out.

We can make vaping as complicated, or as simple as we like.
    TC doesn't have to be complicated. Once it's set, one only needs to adjust the temp up or down to taste, depending on the juice or time of day, or whatever.
    The benefit is being able to take as big a puff as you want and not ever worry about a dry hit. Forget to drip? Forget to top up your tank? No probs!
    TC has got your back, enjoy!

• Like Like x 16
  18. 93gc40

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    I use an LG Flip phone.

The Note 2 I'm using for this response is not in service.... it my grandsons TABLET.

The only advantage I see for TC is no burnt wicks. Seems to use more juice and battery than VW or Battery voltage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  19. 93gc40

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    • Like Like x 3
  20. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2016
    North Carolina
    I geeked out on this post. Very well said...

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.