Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I have 1 device capable of TC just in case I ever get curious, it's never had a battery in it. One of the reasons I bought my current favorite mod is because it will fire down to .2 ohm just in case I ever wanna go there. Lowest I've taken it is 1.01. I'm just totally content with my vape at 1.1 - 1.3ohm crankin a whoppin 15watts. ;)

If I get a wild hair and start feelin adventurous one day I'm equipped for it. But I doubt it will happen.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
There are half a dozen vapers where I work. Only two of us rebuild, I'm the only one doing DIY, and the only one doing temp control. That's odd because everybody is doing a trade or has trade experience. For most smokers changing cigarette brands is a big deal. There seems to be something similar at work with vapers. I'm at a point where I don't want anything to get "better" if it increases cost or time or how much I vape or dependence on things the government could regulate.

I prefer my rda's because they are small, cheap and simple, easy to rewick and rebuild and easy to stockpile even though I have to take extra steps to keep them from leaking. I like stainless wire because, on the rare occaisions TC gets wonky, I can switch to watts mode and keep vaping. In watts mode I don't go above 20 watts, because I have to re drip too often, which means a cooler vape than I prefer. With temp control I can set max watts higher but no dry hits because of the max temp setting.

WIth government restrictions looming I'm avoiding "progress" that could obsolete key items in my stash. I feel lucky to have settled on rda's, TC and DIY before I got set in my ways.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
I
Ive had tc capable mods for a few years and still vape in straight power mode. Yes It is what im used to, and vape with no worries of dry hit becuse I'm well experienced, most reviewers are also in this category.

TC to me is too anemic, its missing the punch from just throwing power at it. Plus theres too many times it doesnt put out what i want. I expect each hit to be hard. May have something to do with a little more th too.

Maybe im spoiled, if I had started with tc it would seem normal and i would not know what im missing. Lol

This right here... Exactly!!

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
I absolutely love the hit I get from tc for the first 10-15 puffs, but then the fidgeting begins as the coils starts to change. I love the consistency tc is capable of I just don't have the patience to mess with my mod settings all day every day. My biggest complaint about tc... In six of eight of my TC Mods I have had the screwing and unscrewing of every device 50 different ways from Sunday trying to get to read as a new coil. every device but my DNA's suffers because you can force lock the DNAs resistance through the software. But then you have to put up with the goofy UI of the DNA Device. And I have not had a dry hit in 2 years power or tc vaping. More important to learn the chops than count on hardware to take care of you IMHO, So I am a power Vaper until they can find a way to make tc less of a hassle.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I went from a Sigelei 100w plus to a rx200. On the Rx I used TC for a while with Ti and SS. It was ok but it was a bit of a pia. Could have been the chip in the Rx. Then I tried a mech! Sold my regulated devices and never looked back.
Yep, TC isn't worth the hype. Due to the FDA and Government BS got a Mech just for the nuclear option. Only thing I use a regulated mod now is to clean and test coils. Mech's provides the best and smoothest vape there is, with the right build that is.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yep, TC isn't worth the hype. Due to the FDA and Government BS got a Mech just for the nuclear option. Only thing I use a regulated mod now is to clean and test coils. Mech's provides the best and smoothest vape there is, with the right build that is.

I only use tc, and have so for most of this year. All my mechs ate stoved away. Ss316 is my wire of choice, and I don't need to do any fiddling with any of my mods (one DNA200 and the rest are Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf mods) - and I'm certainly no master builder or wicker. It's no more difficult than vw, and doesn't give an anemic vape. I can't understand how difficult tc seems to be to some people.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I only use tc, and have so for most of this year. All my mechs ate stoved away. Ss316 is my wire of choice, and I don't need to do any fiddling with any of my mods (one DNA200 and the rest are Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf mods) - and I'm certainly no master builder or wicker. It's no more difficult than vw, and doesn't give an anemic vape. I can't understand how difficult tc seems to be to some people.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
I dove into TC pretty deep with my DNA200. Used various SS, best luck with 317L SS for TC. Was just way too much busy work. With power mode just push the button and vape. Now with Mech's you get the right build and it's Nirvana. I have yet to find a smoother more satisfying Vape.

But with all in Vaping it's all subjective and what works for you.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
well TC wasn't saving my battery, it was killing it faster... I need VA, since I have a habit of chain vaping..
Are you sure TC runs the battery down fastser? It doesn't seem that way to me. I do 400 degrees and 30 max watts in TC mode. 30 watts happens for a fraction of a second then it backs off to a few watts to maintain the temperature. At my moderate settings a 3,000 mAH LG HG2 goes for 1,000-1,100 seconds of puff time which usually gets me through an entire day. My guess is TC is more energy efficient than power mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread