Why don't more vapers use TC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
I probably wouldn't be using TC if it were for my personal tastes. For some reason, I was limited in what I could vape. I like fruit flavors but many of them often had a burned taste. If I turned the power down, I lost all of the flavor. I found that TC allowed me to enjoy the juices that sat on the shelf due to this burned flavor. The initial attraction to TC was the idea of no more dry hits my wick couldn't keep up. I haven't vaped in voltage or wattage mode since.

To give you an idea on my uniqueness, I am a MTL vaper who rebuilt EVOD coils with Ni200 wire for use in a Protank II. This was my normal setup until I found a reasonably priced RTA that didn't flood when I used it for MTL hits. That should tell you how resistant I am to change.
11889602_10200804922522711_6378752311083326066_n.jpg

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Stopping by for an update. Tried tc again for almost two months I think here. Just wrapped a kanthal coil and I'm in heaven.

Unfortunately I can't stand SS 316 anymore. The Resistance changes too much with temp. Unless you vape in a controlled environment. Makes it too unpredictable. I value a consistent hit, ss just can't provide that ime. Temp control or wattage mode. Out of a controlled environment temperature control isn't even predictable. I find kanthal much more predictable and consistent.

I have all kinds of wire going back two years, tc many times. Its just not there.. Kanthal just does it for me.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I switched to temp control with stainless almost 2 years ago. It makes an rda convenient to use everywhere all the time. A small rda on a pico is a very small rig and is what I carry away from home. Stainless wire lets me change from temp control to power mode with a few clicks. Power mode is fine when there is exactly the right amount of liquid in the well but I always switch back to TC so I don't have to be careful about when I redrip. I don't always want dense vapor. I puff on a less saturated wick off and on through the day. I suppose power mode is okay if you're using a tank and the right watts for the build but TC works better for my rda away from home.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Try using a Decent Yihi or dna board for tc , you have a lot better control over it can have pre heat so , ie set the wattage a little higher to start then drop off in tc this then give you no waiting for a decent vape ,
Battery life is longer on
TC I only like using TC on the Dna mods i have others are inconsistent , So i can see why there us such various reports of like dislikes , due to the different boards used some just plain dont work at it at all , its a gimmick / add on to help sell it as better than its is capable of on certain mods

Using SS 316L slighty spaced wrapped coils provides better control and no jumping of resistance at all for me I Enjoy it a lot,
To me it works well ,
maybe your doing it different to me or using different builds tanks/ rda/ mods too many variables .
I also prefer different styles of baling depending on mods tanks and juices used ,

I have tanks for TC use single coil decks an such , Then use the larger RTA,s dual builds in Wattage only ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread