Why has vaping created such a community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has vaping created such a community?
This entry was posted on 8th April 2016 by admin.
community-150x150.jpg

We never saw this with smokers did we? Discussing cigarette designs, the packaging, the taste, the way they are built, and generally helping each other out.

So why has vaping created such a community? Why has it turned into such a sociable thing to do? Read More

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Could it simply be because Vapers are happy folks? Happy people tend to congregate and feed on each other. Spreading the cheer, encouraging others to join in their joy.

As a smoker I was always miserable. Disgusted with myself for being too weak to beat an addiction that I despised. Why would I want to share that? Why would I want to encourage anyone to join in my misery?

As smokers we were outcasts. In some cases even outcasts to ourselves! Unfortunately as Vapers we are still outcasts but at least we have the pride in knowing we're RIGHT!

I've never in my 60+years had such an obsession with a hobby. The tinkering, the researching ways to improve my gear and methods. The SHARING of what I learn in the hope of encouraging others.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
It is almost like a sport enthusiast, how do you do it to get the best performance from the equipment and how technical do you get with all the rest of it. Tweaking coils, flavor, max output of energy/power/temperature, etc. It has many facets and it is a fun thing to do besides just the vape keeping of off cigs. It can be as simple or classy or high end performance as the user wants. It is alot of fun and people like to share in the fun :)

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I would hazard a guess that cigalike users who I understand represent the majority of vapers don't congregate, because like smokers it is just and ends to a means. Using more technically sophisticated equipment requires a degree of geekiness that in itself naturally brings people together to learn, teach, share and generally nerd out.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
24462279870_f8cdd9c85d_o.gif

The community was probably born out of necessity, people trying to figure out what's what, sharing tricks looking for a better experience, or simply trying to get the darned things to work at all.

Setting something on fire and inhaling the smoke is so simple, there's simply no need to discuss any of that.

But then it became a hobby for most and we enjoy talking about it even more, that's what happened for me anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread