Why is Ejuice so Expensive$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

scfaster

Jul 2, 2010
NE WI
I was looking at the logistics of selling my mixed juices. It was a real education. You need vials, childproof caps, droppers, boxes, 3 or 4 labels, instructions and warnings, and a tamper proof seal.

Then there is the part about going to the insurance broker and asking for liability coverage for mixing/manufacturing a poisonous and controversial product. Getting a sanitary spot to do it and setting up the LLC adds up fast too.

Add in all of those dumped batches and skunky attys perfecting recipes, taxes all over everything, shipping materials, location costs, printing costs, a couple of G to set up a web site and store, and promotional costs.

Then there is the chance that the giverment will pull the rug out from underneath your investment any day.

All of that really shot the economy and profit out of it..The 5ML bottle that I give a friend, mixed with TW Platinum Ice, costs me about $1.70. To package it safely and attractively and protect myself against the evil flying lawyer monkeys, it is about $6.

THAT is why e-juice costs so much for the premium domestic stuff.

Having learned all of that, I have pretty much washed out the idea of mixing and packaging my own juices for sale. I will still mix my own and for a few close friends because I can't take the PG, but that is it.

At least for the short term I will probably distribute prepackaged name brand juices only. The cost isn't much different and it is a lot less hassle & liability.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
One good thing about juices...is there's lots of competition. This alone will keep prices in check, and so I don't think they are overly expensive at all. Not to mention you can easily (in relation to other stuff we use in our daily lives) make it yourself if so inclined. You can't say that about many other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread