Why Is My Favorite Flavor Retired?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
Short answer: We sold less than 30ml / month over the last 6 months.

Longer answer: All flavors were reviewed and subjected to the following criteria...

The flavor had to have been on the menu for a minimum of 7 months and had to have sold a minimum of 180ml over the last 6 months.

180ml over the last 6 months is 30ml per month. 1ml per day (give or take).

If a flavor was on the menu and couldn't even interest enough people to meet that 180ml criteria, then it got moved to the Retiring Flavors category.

THE FLAVOR IS STILL AVAILABLE!!! It's just been moved to the Retiring Flavors category. Order as much of it as you want!! Order enough to meet that 180ml criteria, and *BOOM* it gets reinstated to its original category.

So, why did we do that?

We have over 150 base flavors sitting on the shelf. That's a LOT of money sitting in inventory. Inventory HAS to move. We simply can't afford to keep it on the shelf if it doesn't. And we're not even talking about all the ancillary items needed to maintain a flavor in inventory. Those items easily run 50-75% of the cost of the flavoring itself.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!

Over the past 9 months or so, the complaints that our site was too hard to go through started to increase. If it's too hard for a potential new customer, what are the odds that they're just going to give up and go somewhere else? Based on our analytics, we're loosing a lot of people. The only way to correct that is to reduce the size of our categories.

Bottom line: I'm sorry that your favorite flavor was moved to Retiring Flavors. There's a real good reason that it happened. You can still buy it. It's only in a different category. AND IT WILL STAY THERE UNTIL JULY 2015.

What happens in July? We run the flavor again. If it passes the 30ml/month criteria we put it back into its original category. If not, that means that there is simply insufficient interest in that flavor. So it goes away.

Look, we just dropped our prices SIGNIFICANTLY for 30ml and above. SIGNIFICANTLY. In other words, we made it a LOT easier to "save" your favorites. It's in your hands now.

witch1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Huntsville AL USA
We retired OVER 390 flavors......to me that says a great deal. It was time to remove all of the dead weight and bloat. And really, if it was my "favorite" flavor I would have been ordering at least 30 mls every month and it would have never hit the retiring category to begin with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread