Why is one mod better than the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
You are describing cartridge mods which IMO, don't provide better throat hit but can provide more time between having to refill the cartridge.

If you want the best throat hit, then you need to get a bigger battery PV, either a 5 or 6 volt PV. I prefer the 5 volt myself. More power, warmer vapor, much better throat hit, more consistent plus you can get 5-8 hours on one battery charge and the batteries cost only about $2.50 each. You also tend to get better throat hit with higher nicotine liquid, (24mg - 36mg liquid)

Two 5 volt PV's that are well reviewed are the Prodigy V2 from puresmoker.com and the GLV from greatlakesvapor.com. There are many good 6 volt PV's also, such as the GG, Silver Bullet, chuck, nhaler, Super T, etc.

Good Luck

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
I seen the foam mod, ptb mod, and the zero filler mod. I don't care about getting a few extra drops of juice in the cart, all I care about is which one gives the best hit. Any advice on this? Thanks..

Personally, I think it's all very subjective. Everyone will report varying degrees of success or failure. No two people use the exact same amount of filler material in the exact same way. There are just so many variables. People's ideas of "the best hit" also vary based on personal preference.

For me, the "best hit" I get is through Direct Dripping. It's not always convenient to DD, so I do use cartridge filler. When I drip I feel I can taste the vape better and the "hits" are very satisfying.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I just want a mod thats easy and gives good vapor. I really have no use for some complicated mod just to get an extra 2 drops of juice between refills. Whatever gives the best vapor is the one for me.

You will get about 10 different opinions on that question. Not too many of us have 10+ mods to do a real comparison.

IMO, 6 volt can almost be too harsh, so I prefer 5 volt that still gives a great throat hit but doesn't burn the liquid. I use the BE112 (801 type) atomizer from BestEcigs.com and I only drip and don't fool with carts anymore.

Now that Puresmoker has come out with their new switch for the Prodigy V2 (there were a few issues with the first switch), I think it is one of the best mods on the market. They have a 1 yr warranty, also but I think it will last for years.

You can check it out at www.puresmoker.com and they have a sub-forum here on ECF in the Suppliers part of the forum.

Here is a breakdown of most of all the major mods on the market which might be helpful:

http://www.e-savuke.com/ecig_mods.htm

Last edited:

UberDuper

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
No place like ~/
BFD is the Blue Foam Dart. I've been using it for almost a month now and it's been really good to me.

The different cart mods are all about delivering the right amount of liquid to the atomizer as quickly as possible without leaking. I'm eventually going to try the zero filler mod because I do sometimes get a taste from the blue foam.

UD.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
IMO, 6 volt can almost be too harsh, so I prefer 5 volt that still gives a great throat hit but doesn't burn the liquid.

Same here. I tried vaping at 6v once and nearly choked myself. It's just not for me. 5v is perfect.

Now that Puresmoker has come out with their new switch for the Prodigy V2 (there were a few issues with the first switch), I think it is one of the best mods on the market. They have a 1 yr warranty, also but I think it will last for years.

PS now offers a lifetime warranty on the V2 and the Protege V1.1. They also offered a lifetime warranty on their mechanical switch upgrades for the V1 and original Protege.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Same here. I tried vaping at 6v once and nearly choked myself. It's just not for me. 5v is perfect.

PS now offers a lifetime warranty on the V2 and the Protege V1.1. They also offered a lifetime warranty on their mechanical switch upgrades for the V1 and original Protege.

Thanks for the clarification, Greg.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread