Why is squonking so popular all of the sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
the mod works... the rda... doesn't recognize coils.

It gave off a bad taste, popped the top off and it was still juicy. I turned the mod off and on and it functioned once for a few seconds out of 3 tries. I put it on my coil master 521 thinking maybe the coil blew up and it showed no coil, replaced the coils and it still showed no coil. I then tried a premade deck and the velocity deck and it still did not recognize any coils. I also tried it on my kbox.
so 3 different coils, 3 devices and it doesn't function with recognizing it has a coil.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
dripbox 60w
A cheap(ish) solution would be to pick up a tsunami 24....much better then the rda that comes with the dripbox

Remember, there will be an overhang with the Tsunami. You might consider NoPity instead for the Dripbox. Or my favorite DB 60 pairing right now, the Origen Little. That combo is so small and light.

pmIMAG2122.jpg

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
my hubby finally texted me back for a few mins, lol, he only has a signal in a few spots at the hunt camp. told him what happened and he told me to order a new top from kanger, except they don't have them... and none of the semi-local(nearest is roughly an hour away) have anything with a BF pin, though one is getting a shipment tomorrow, so I can hope. I also have emailed the store I got it from (3 hour drive away), since I bought it on the 12th, maybe they will replace that part, while I try and get a better one. I definitely want a 22mm, anything wider would drive my ocd up the wall.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
my hubby finally texted me back for a few mins, lol, he only has a signal in a few spots at the hunt camp. told him what happened and he told me to order a new top from kanger, except they don't have them... and none of the semi-local(nearest is roughly an hour away) have anything with a BF pin, though one is getting a shipment tomorrow, so I can hope. I also have emailed the store I got it from (3 hour drive away), since I bought it on the 12th, maybe they will replace that part, while I try and get a better one. I definitely want a 22mm, anything wider would drive my ocd up the wall.

How did you keep the airflow adjustment? This will give us an idea of what to suggest

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
"Reos are elitist blah blah blah you can get cheap sqounkers that work blah blah blah (3 pages later) my dripbox doesn't work, does anyone know why?" --- :facepalm:

I know why it doesn't work, the atty on it, the actual mod is still working. I do have it working again and I suspect it's only temp, the BF pin isn't sitting right, after an hour of abusing it this morning I have it working for now at least. as a cheap beginner squonker there is nothing wrong with the 60w.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
for those who have no idea about the setup, it's not the typical.

these are the disposable decks, I actually just rebuild on them, it's handy to just switch out between flavours and when my hubby screws one up.
DRIPBOX%20012-700x700.jpg

this is the setup and it's the coil base that is the issue, the pin in it is what I fiddled with for an hour to get it to somewhat work... I probably dropped it one too many times. I have a bad habit of not remembering to carry things in my left hand anymore.

DRIPBOX%20010-700x700.jpg

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Some call it elitist, but consider it like this;

I drive a BMW, you drive a Pinto, both start, drive and the have steering wheels that turn,

I'm pretty sure that blindfolded, anyone who takes a drive in both cars, will identify the difference within 10 seconds of the experience, period.

I do understand that some have other priorities that supersede purchasing a high end mod or atty, but please don't compare their performance, as there is no comparison.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
what was irking me is the "reo is the one and only!" basically mocking posts... everyone's preferences, needs and tastebuds are different. I bought the kanger 60ws, because I could actually get one, and I was trying to get my hubby to try it, since we work as a team and he was struggling with not enough flavour... being cheap and available worked, he now wants a better one. after our experiences with FT, if it's not somewhere in Canada, I'm unlikely to get it.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
I so agree with the FT experience,

Check the classies out, shipping from the states to CA should be a better experience.

As for 'less' expensive, try to get your hands on a Peko (maybe look at Lushmods or you can post a request in the classies 'Wanted' thread), it's a high end performer at a not so high end price.

I don't own a Reo, not a great performer compared to the current stock of high end mechs and definitely not a look I like.

Reactions: TheWestPole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread