• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Why is this subforum so dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
So I made up my mind to ask a guy out. Met him a few weeks ago, kind of knew when/where to find him.

Without any specifics... Went there. He was there! I turn around, and he was was gone. Bah! Humbug!

I think he's a smoker anyway. Been there. Done that.

Oh well.

I'm not that hard to find. Just check the bushes... And I am not a smoker.

Ikeprof

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2012
Mt Clemens, Michigan
And as far as internet romances go they can work! My mother met my stepfather online and they've been together... 17 years now?
I met my husband online (on world of warcraft actually) and our 1st anniversary will be in may :)

I"m back to playing Rift atm. I think I'm getting too old for this stuff (I started when UO was in Beta) or simply the genre needs something really new. Have burned through pretty much every MMO out there excepting EQI..somehow missed that but picked up with EQ2.

Have yet to meet a "young lady" via that mechanism yet though, but the idea of raiding together on a cold winters friday night speaks to my inner gamer LOL

Ikeprof

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2012
Mt Clemens, Michigan
Oh...and Adee (being forward here), I got my first Drunker tank today in the mail because of you. Simply because of how it's built (being raised in a machine shop as a teen sorta makes me picky towards simple clean mechanical designs) and how it vapes, I ordered 10 more this evening (I like to have a lot of flavors on tap as I do a lot of DIY). The only thing I am debating is putting the top cap (the part that the wicks go through, not the shiny thin piece on top) in a fixture and drilling and tapping a fill hole in the top that I can screw a tiny socket head cap screw fill plug in to make it a cleaner filling procedure.

I can tell already it's going to be SO much nicer to recoil than my other RBA (don't even remember what it is..used it once and was very displeased with how it vaped and just was a crappy design).

In regards to the decidedly IT flavor of this thread, I also am of an IT background though by combining my machinery/manufacturing/controls experience into the whole mix, I am now heavily involved in SCADA systems which is mostly remote PLC's communicating with OPC servers using a modbus protocol via VPN connections over 3/4g LTE then storing the data in a normal MySQL database and rendering it with a Java based presentation layer that allows for a nice suite of reporting, system control and monitoring tools.

And FINALLY, in regards to the last topic of this thread - my exciting PoF profile. Always open to suggestions.

jeephigh

Moved On
Feb 8, 2013
@Adeline oh well some one who is going to pull that doesn't deserve you anyway. A few years agao I took a girl out to dinner man it was uncomfortable just didn't connect. She ordered the most expensive dinner she could then said afterwards she wasn't feeling it. The best is when they just stop returning text's no apparent reason. I am not sure why good all fashioned honesty and forwardness is out the door theese days. Should you not be feeling it just say so.

NoleintheNati

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
The Planet Ohio
People often put too much weight on the first date - too much pressure. I think a second would be worth it. :)

And yes, Lox and I met here :)

Our 1st wedding was virtual / in the PIF chat room - our real wedding was exactly 1 year later :D

Some may say it is the third that has the most pressure...jk :D

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Some may say it is the third that has the most pressure...jk :D

People nowadays don't wait to get to know each other better before "complicating" things.... if you're actually looking for a relationship try to figure out how you feel about a person ............above the waist ;)

BlackChad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2011
Back In Mesa
This forum definitely doesnt get any traffic because its buried. On top of that, I think another issue is an age discrepancy. I obviously don't have any statistics to back it up, but I would guess a vast, vast majority of people on ECF arent in their 20s. Nothing wrong with that, but people like me probably arent getting with a 50 year old. Plus singles forums tend to turn in to a bunch of guys trying to talk to 3 or 4 girls.

I'm resigned to being eternally single and I'm ok with that right now lol. Going through a mid-life crisis at 26 is fun though :toast:

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
This forum definitely doesnt get any traffic because its buried. On top of that, I think another issue is an age discrepancy. I obviously don't have any statistics to back it up, but I would guess a vast, vast majority of people on ECF arent in their 20s. Nothing wrong with that, but people like me probably arent getting with a 50 year old. Plus singles forums tend to turn in to a bunch of guys trying to talk to 3 or 4 girls.

I'm resigned to being eternally single and I'm ok with that right now lol. Going through a mid-life crisis at 26 is fun though :toast:

I was ok being eternally single when I was younger. Now that I'm a few years older and have helped raise several children that are not my own, I'm ready to settle down and start a family. Your mind will change eventually, it's inevitable.

As far as age well, 18-80 blind, crippled, and crazy I don't discriminate.

BabyFeet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Hercules, CA
I would love to see a singles section sprout wings also. (Didn't know that there was one)
If nothing else, I would like to find some fellow vapers in the Heart of Dixie.
Alas, because I vape, most of my fellow citizens think I'm a misguided, unwashed heretic, wandering aimlessly in the land of tobacco.
Would love to find a friend out here in the wilderness.

forg1vn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
If only this forum were a little closer to the front of the forum.. :(

I'd like to see that "singles" thread die and this thing come alive!

Shameless self-promotion!

4Y8AoHf.jpg

adeline is single? what is wrong with this world? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread