Why is WTA such a controversial subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Albuquerque
I just got an order in last night and I love it. The only negative that I can tell so far is that it is expensive and it makes my other juices seem less enjoyable. I spent hours reading threads on this forum as well as others and, putting bickering aside, could not come up with a conclusive answer.

Why did AEMSA put it on the not approved list? It just doesn't add up for me. Nicotine is an alkaloid, right? Why do the other alkaloids make it less safe?

I'm new here. Only been vaping for a couple of months, but I have spent countless hours doing research and testing juices and I really like this stuff. I hope this isn't a bad first post for a noob such as myself but this is something I'm really curious about. If I did any of this wrong or have violated some kind of taboo, feel free to delete or whatever. Like I said, I'm new here.

What are y'all's thoughts? Have you tried it? If so, what was your experience like? If you avoid it intentionally, why?

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello and welcome. WTA are something Im really not familiar with nor tried. They came on the market after I had already transitioned to e-cigs so having already quit cigarettes did not see as something I needed.

For some being able to quit cigarettes was difficult til they used WTAs so I see it as a good choice. I havent heard about any bad effects. If it can help people quit smoking I see it as a needed choice.

Im sure the bickering youve seen on other threads with continue here as it seems it cant be avoided, so I hope at least it can be kept at a civil argument with some intelligent and courteous bickering:)

If you enjoy it and it helps you than good for you. Whole tobacco leaves have countless natural chemicals or alkaloids as do most things we eat and drink. Natural or otherwise all organic substances have chemicals, apples and oranges :)

Dustin Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Albuquerque
Thanks for the pleasant reply! I hovered over the post new thread button for a couple of minutes, worrying that I would be immediately accosted.
There is two months between me and my last cigarette. The last three weeks are different than the first five. I didn't have any cravings at first. Recently I have. It's weird, I know. I don't plan to use it all the time, maybe with coffee in the mornings and if I get cravings. Any more than that and I might have to get a second job.:)

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I just got an order in last night and I love it. The only negative that I can tell so far is that it is expensive and it makes my other juices seem less enjoyable. I spent hours reading threads on this forum as well as others and, putting bickering aside, could not come up with a conclusive answer.

Why did AEMSA put it on the not approved list? It just doesn't add up for me. Nicotine is an alkaloid, right? Why do the other alkaloids make it less safe?

I'm new here. Only been vaping for a couple of months, but I have spent countless hours doing research and testing juices and I really like this stuff. I hope this isn't a bad first post for a noob such as myself but this is something I'm really curious about. If I did any of this wrong or have violated some kind of taboo, feel free to delete or whatever. Like I said, I'm new here.

What are y'all's thoughts? Have you tried it? If so, what was your experience like? If you avoid it intentionally, why?

it's not controversial for me- I love it. it was THE product that has kept me off cigs for 6 months. no fancy or expensive mods, no cartos or clearos, no atomizer, no rba, or anything else matters if the juice doesn't satisfy you enough to keep you from going back. for some the exotic flavors and regular nicotine are enough(good for them), but is not for me. wta gives me something I just don't get from "tutti fruiti wizards blood" it lets me use less nicotine strength and still feel satiated. of course, something(the FDA) may mess it up but for now I am happy and content.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I don't think it's as controversial as it use to be.
At one time there was a vocal camp that was opposed to it because they believed that since they were able to quit with just nicotine *everybody* should. They believed that minimization of "ingredients" was better for you. Apparently that rule wouldn't apply to colors and flavors, but hey.
AEMSA claimed that their beef with WTA wasn't with the alkaloids but with the processing - they had no way of knowing if it was up to their standards and that no traces of processing remained in the final product. The main (usually only)
Sorry hit the post button early continuing...
(usually only) vendor offering WTA is completely transparent and will allow and encourages visits to his lab.
Now that it's been available for close to two years it seems apparent that at least in this very short term it's no more questionable than vaping in general.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
And snork, I read your blog about going to visit the lab in AZ. I really enjoyed it and was thinking about incorporating it into my next road trip that heads west.

User experience: I've vaped WTA juice pretty much all day every day for almost the entire time it's been available and I feel like a million bucks. :)

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I haven't had any negative effects whatsoever, but I wouldn't call 5 months long term (I'm at about 7 months now). I don't vape the WTA liquids all day every day either. More when I first ordered them and then less and less. Now, just under stress and for cravings that I still get. Not too often thankfully on the cravings. Looking into WTA wasn't all about the cravings for me.

I read what info I could find here and on the net about what else in cigarettes is addictive besides nicotine. I found some interesting things about depression and general malaise for quitters, which I was feeling. I'm not generally that way. I had a choice to try Swedish snus or WTA liquid, and I chose WTA liquid. It really did help. I figured after smoking for 35 years, and quitting the same day I started vaping, a little help now and then might be a good thing. :)

Last edited:

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
And snork, I read your blog about going to visit the lab in AZ. I really enjoyed it and was thinking about incorporating it into my next road trip that heads west.

jerry(who owns aroma ejuice) is the nicest, most upfront vendor I have ever talked to. heck, he'll steer you off wta if you don't NEED it. but he makes a great product for those of us who require it (truth be told, i'd use it anyway- I like him and his juices). never thought i'd hear a straight man say that about another man!!!!

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
I'm sure he will. But the guy you're looking for is already here.

sorry, I know you are most knowledgeable on the subject- I just meant that mr. mann also likes to mix it up with this kind of topic. wasn't trying to imply you weren't as versed in the subject just want more pro wta opinions to chime in.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I'm sure he will. But the guy you're looking for is already here.

Dvap is here? Sweet.

All I can tell anyone about WTA is from the bare-bones stuff a lay person can extrapolate from the reading of Dvap. It wasn't until I actually spoke with him, in a thread here, that he straightened out a few things that I hadn't quite taken the time to actually comprehend. What he laid out made much of the mystery clear(er) to me. All the meat is beyond my comprehension or ability to convey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread