why isn't my banner updating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiBear85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2015
Chicago
Ok so I got my banner from Nicoticket and on my signature page it updates and hours and days roll over but if I post the banner doesn't roll over it stays where it was when I created it is this a problem with the new software it's really annoying me what's the point of having a banner if it doesn't work correctly

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If you do something to the banner -- post a different one for example -- then the change, when it's saved, overrides the cache, so it gets updated to the "new" banner. Kind of a pain, but if you're the kind of person who watches the stats on your banner, worth it -- at least to me. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ok, the caching at the server means that any updates to what is already there, are only going to happen infrequently -- maybe daily, I don't know, might be weekly for all I know.

But mine right now says 9mos 1day 18hrs... after I post this, I'm going to update my banner, so watch what happens...

Andria

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Mine is correct in my signature in my settings, but the results aren't carrying over.

Noticed mine isn't updating either...may just eliminate it and put the quit date in there.
The signature area is cached by the servers to reduce the load and help make the forum smoother and faster. The info will update about every day or so. :)

Reactions: Ricky Spanish

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I just went to the signature at my profile, clicked on the Nicoticket logo, it updated immediately, whether it keeps updating is to be foreseen.

Well now looking at it when I posted, it defaulted back to what it was before I updated it...so much for that idea.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Mine is correct in my signature in my settings, but the results aren't carrying over. I did try reloading it. I have 94 days. Maybe I have to get one like yours, but I really like seeing how many I didn't smoke. I'm not liking the change at all. I know I'll eventually adjust, but...

Reloading it isn't the same as updating it, and will not work -- the server itself is cached, and there is no way to flush that cache. You have to actually change the banner somehow and re-save it.

Andria

Reactions: inspects

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Reloading it isn't the same as updating it, and will not work -- the server itself is cached, and there is no way to flush that cache. You have to actually change the banner somehow and re-save it.

Andria

Thanks Andria...I'll try that tomorrow.... if yours works---:thumb:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Thanks Andria...I'll try that tomorrow.... if yours works---:thumb:

It was working fine, since I was going and updating/re-saving it every few hours -- whatever it showed after the re-save, it would stay that way till the next time I resaved. I could keep doing that, but it's a pain, so I just made a banner for my site, and noted both my vape-start and cigarette-stop dates.

I have a counter at my own site that actually updates as it's supposed to, so I can use that to stay abreast of my quit-time. :D

Andria

Reactions: inspects
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread