Why no user upgradable firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
I love my provaris. I have yet to go past 10W and stay around 8.5 so may never use the full range of the mini 2.5 let alone my (no upgrade needed) P3. I do think TC is interesting – but as I don’t get dry hits it’s not something I have to have at this moment. I’m in no rush at all to start a new round of experimentation and may never be. I am in a really happy place with my 1.8 ohm coils in a kayfun lite or dripper or a carto tank on a provari 2.5 or classic. There will always be ‘trail blazers’ who want the newest, latest, most up to date mod – but there will also always be a big market for a middle of the road, tried and tested, reliable, hassle free, does what is say on the tin product.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
It doesn't matter what degree you have or how awesome your product is. If it doesn't meet the needs of the of the market you are going to go out of business. Right now Provape is a niche company and if they want to stay around they will have to expand their portfolio. Right now the market is moving in the direction of temperature control and rightly so. Temperature control is the future, but we haven't heard anything from Provape they're even considering doing anything like this. We all started vaping because of harm reduction and TC offers an even safer vape. So what are people doing? They're moving to Evolv and Yihi. My ProVari 2.5 hasn't been used in over a year since I first discovered TC and there are thousands like me, and more are joining the TC ranks every day. We are all customers that Provape will never win back unless they get with the game. Unfortunately for Provape, Evolv holds the patent on TC in the USA. So tell me, what can Provape do to secure their future?

I couldn't go more than 2 pages. Enough is enough. I've heard the same story over and over and nothing changes. Same old same old. Provape didn't put a gun to my head and said buy a Provari. I don't care about Evolv and TC nor do I care for ying ling or whatever their name is. I'm fortunate enough to own the safest mod in the world. My hands and face are not disfigured from a cheap mod who uses the general public as a testing base.

Kasanova

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2014
Wiggles, NJ
Everyone that is talking about Temperature Control:

Temperature Control is not all about getting no dry hits. It is more than that. It's all about the clean a crisp taste you get when vaping. Everyone here loves using their Provari's in low wattage mode(less than 15 watts) right? Well imaging a clean tasting vape at a cool temperature of 250 degrees Fahrenheit on a tank. You would think it would be a hot or warm vape, but is not, its a nice cool vape. That is what I like about vaping, cool to warm vape, not scorching hot vapes like these cloud chaser out there. My Provari P3 is vaped at 16.5 watts all day depending on my build, Nice cool vape :)

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Now you're just being a fanboy. DNA and Yihi based mods are just as safe as the P3. You seem to think Provape is the only company on earth that can make a safe chip.
Here here...

The IPV4 is safe...

Just don't charge it, spill juice on it, or leave the series batteries in it.

Too ... funny, Jim

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Now you're just being a fanboy. DNA and Yihi based mods are just as safe as the P3. You seem to think Provape is the only company on earth that can make a safe chip.

Yes on both counts. I'm a fanboy, and till you show me a Provari which has blown up or melted down I'll stick with the safest mod in the world.

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
AstroTurf said:
Here here...

The IPV4 is safe...

Just don't charge it, spill juice on it, or leave the series batteries in it.

Too ... funny, Jim
That's not a flaw of the SX330V4S chip but a design flaw by Pioneer4You by adding in the crappy balanced charging board. The chip itself is perfectly safe.

Pinggolfer said:
I'm a fanboy, and till you show me a Provari which has blown up or melted down I'll stick with the safest mod in the world.
Can you show me a SX Mini or DNA 30/40 that has blown up or melted? Look, I get that your patriotism tells you to root for an all American company like Provape, but dismissing everything else because of it is just silly.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
That's not a flaw of the SX330V4S chip but a design flaw by Pioneer4You by adding in the crappy balanced charging board. The chip itself is perfectly safe.

You proved my point how companies use the consumer as a testing base. Provape doesn't so lets move on. I'd rather pay $250.00 for a Provari which is made in the USA then spend $199.00 on a China mod.

Reactions: AstroTurf

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So, did everyone watch the Open over the weekend? GREAT tourney!!!

Ping - Bubba will be up the street from me this weekend. Shall I stalk him for you?

Yihi chips are fine (but tell me you didn't at least smile at the Ying Ling comment). So are DNA. Some mods suck. Provari's don't (and there are many more NOW).

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Lemwize, I've got to ask, are you interested in owning a ProVari? Do you already own one and are just upset because it isn't user upgradeable?

So should I be upset that I can't upgrade my 2's and 2.5's?

Oh MAN!!! o_O

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
So, did everyone watch the Open over the weekend? GREAT tourney!!!

Ping - Bubba will be up the street from me this weekend. Shall I stalk him for you?

Yihi chips are fine (but tell me you didn't at least smile at the Ying Ling comment). So are DNA. Some mods suck. Provari's don't (and there are many more NOW).

Yes i watched the US open without the windmills and clowns.

Yes Bubba will be in your neck of the woods this weekend. It used to be called the Hartford open years ago, and we went there many times. Actually got to meet Phil Mickelson, the other lefty. Best place to sit is behind the17th green.

Yihi, yup that's the name. How did I come up with Ying Ling???? Oh well need to go rice is boiling over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread