Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I vape when I go to the movie theatre, too. I can't go 2 hours or more without vaping, and I couldn't go that long when I smoked.

I feel that I'm discreet about it. I always sit in the back row, only go to show times that won't be crowded, wait until the lights are out, and double inhale so there is no vapor exhaled. What no one else see's is no one else's business.
That's what PeeWee Herman thought too...

It's all legal, till ya get caught.

IMO, Jim

Reactions: TraderX

skilow

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Pittsburgh
My problem is NOT TRUSTING the only shop within a major city able to upgrade! Had many bad experiences there, before needing upgrade! They overcharge excessively! Sell other battery mods to new users who have no clue on what they are doing!
I'm supposed to trust these idiots with my provari? They have no clue on anything they are doing and often give horrible, deadly advise! I'll keep mine unupdated, and wait to cash in on the class action settlement!

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
My problem is NOT TRUSTING the only shop within a major city able to upgrade! Had many bad experiences there, before needing upgrade! They overcharge excessively! Sell other battery mods to new users who have no clue on what they are doing!
I'm supposed to trust these idiots with my provari? They have no clue on anything they are doing and often give horrible, deadly advise! I'll keep mine unupdated, and wait to cash in on the class action settlement!
Too FUNNY!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

You should collect millions.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
When a battery explodes due to bad/non information to a new user from a shady shop. Will it still be funny then? Again,I don't trust my provari with them, so I've been experimenting with reo mods, and have been pleasantly impressed!
No chance of venting there...

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi, I'm a very average 40something guy who makes money in the software industry. I'm not poor, I'm not rich, I switched to vaping to kick a 2-3 pack a day cigarette habit. I've probably been vaping longer than YOU (2009 I started switching over, 2010 was my last analog). I remember when the Blue Foam & straw mod for cartridges was really exciting. I'm old, I'm filled with great wisdom and much experience. (That's a joke btw.)

I don't really give a s--t about temperature control or the urgent need to have 200w (or even 60w). 99% of the time these days I vape at 8-12watts using Kayfun 4s on ProVari 3s. It's fine. It all Just Works, very nicely actually. Which is more or less the only thing that anybody I know over the age of around 20 cares about. That it works. It's an effective drug-delivery device for nicotine.

I collect mech mods, yes I own a VaporFlask just because it looks cool (but I don't actually do much of anything with it, it sits on a desk gathering dust). But what I'm carrying around with me and actively using nearly all the time, are ProVari 3s.

I'm assuming that once TC is a baseline standard, by then ProVari will upgrade to support it, and whatever else is urgently important.

Hi [waving hands] I am the target demographic! I'm not a uber-hobbyist in the 1st church of ECF (I've been on ECF for half a decade and posted maybe 100 times), I don't obsessively follow cloud-chasing and the latest trends, because... I really don't care. I have lots of disposable income to blow on toys that interest me. I just want something reliable the works and doesn't look too f-----g stupid to carry around with me (which really is where all box mods die for me, I've already got keys, wallet (which has been compressed down to a driving license and 4 cards), iPhone, and... a ProVari in 18350 mode works for me because it's small enough I can drop it in a pocket of my jeans. If I add carrying around a box mod to all that, it's time to go buy a man purse).

Anyway, to veer back to the original point of this thread: non-user upgradeable firmware? It's just annoying and dumb. We're in 2015. In my humble opinion, I strongly agree with the author of this thread regarding this particular topic - ProVari should give some thought to fixing their firmware upgrading methodology in their next release.

Thank you and Ditto. Actually we need to carefully clarify:

What they DO provide as stated above is a simple to use recovery routine ALONG with support. An outcry? Na. Childs play compared to the iPhone's installed base. Roughly 10 millon or ? with dozens of people watching their every move and thousands upon thousands of "haters". :)

Back on Earth, Apple sold 136 million iPhones in the last 2 quarters. I'm not really sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing, but firmware updates bricking devices went out of style in the 90s. I've heard rumors that there are other companies that make smartphones besides Apple, but you're talking well into BILLIONS of firmware updates being pushed out pretty much constantly and automagically, to all sorts of devices. There are usually 2 options:

- Click the [OK] button to update
or
- Update automatically.

That's about it. It all Just Works in 2015.

ProVape's market is not the growing, youthful, cloud chasing, hipster who has never smoked cigarettes market...

You should notify ProVape's marketing department, since every single big slider image on their website, is designed to appeal to exactly this demographic. Lots of hipsters with tats and facial hair ;-)

I have provaris - v1, v2, v2.5...I sold my last P3 because the 38 upgrade (to address bugs in the system) pushed me over the edge with the archaic way the process for upgrading the firmware is handled - send in my mod and pay postage to do so while being without said mod over a week. For the price of the mod and the inconvenience of the upgrade, I found the P3 a nuisance. So your remark that provape doesn't use their paying customers as testers is a bit naive.

Well, yeah, sure, I agree, v36 firmware simply didn't work right with battery power left readings, v38 fixed it. But how's that any different from EVERY SINGLE COMPANY ON EARTH THAT MAKES ANY KIND OF TECHNOLOGY!?!?!? They're what, supposed to wait a decade to make sure it works perfectly? Every phone, tablet, computer, anything, you buy - you're a paying beta tester for it.

1.0 release: you're a paying alpha tester, it only went out the door because everything was on fire, the world was ending and the deadline has been blown 15 times in a row already.

1.1: They fixed a lot of stuff based upon the hysterical input of people who paid for 1.0, you're now a paying beta tester.

1.2-1.7/8/9: they fixed even more stuff, all of it mostly works!

2.0: here we go again.

That's just life.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I have two V2's and a P3. My girlfriend has a ProVari Mini and a P3. I wanted The Best, I got The Best! We absolutely loved our V2's and love our P3's. We will probably always use ProVari's unless something better comes along...

All that said, I too am irked by the fact that if we want to upgrade the firmware we have to drive 82 miles one way (164 mile drive in a day) or send both our P3's in and be without them for God knows how long.

Believe me, when putting marks on the chalkboard whether or not to get P3's, that mark went on the, "not" side. However, the marks, "For" far outweighed the, "nots."

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Reactions: schismz

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
Just updated the Yihi SX Mini firmware for the fourth time and guess what? Nothing bad happened. The update completed without any problems and I'm still a happy vaper. Some of you ProVari fanboys need to stop making excuses for something that should never have been done the way Provape does it. Like schismz said, millions of firmware upgrades are carried out every day without bricking devices that are far more important than a PV. If Provape can't figure out how to do it for a PV, then they are a bunch of amateurs.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Just updated the Yihi SX Mini firmware for the fourth time and guess what? Nothing bad happened. The update completed without any problems and I'm still a happy vaper. Some of you ProVari fanboys need to stop making excuses for something that should never have been done the way Provape does it. Like schismz said, millions of firmware upgrades are carried out every day without bricking devices that are far more important than a PV. If Provape can't figure out how to do it for a PV, then they are a bunch of amateurs.
The Real Question should be...

Why 4 Times?!?

Is somthin wrong witit?

Maybe by number 6 or 7 it'll vape like a ProVari... Till then, keep on updatin!!!

LOLz, Jim

Reactions: Pinggolfer

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
Why 4 Times?!?

Is somthin wrong witit?
You do realise you are now basically admitting there's something wrong with the P3, don't you? If it was a perfect product, why would it need 4 firmware upgrades? And you can bet on it more will follow.

But again, if an inferior Chinese manufacturer is able to offer user upgradable firmware that doesn't brick the device, why can't a super advanced, extremely high tech company like Provape figure out how to do it? Is it because they lack the knowledge, or is it because they think the users are idiots that need to be protected from themselves?

Reactions: skilow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread