Why? Problems with moving to e-Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Okay . . . so I started vaping again (after trying it for the first time about a year ago) 4 weeks ago and was using the cartomizers. For the first day or so I struggled with the normal symptoms: sore throat, runny nose - just a general feeling of yukiness - but it passed quite quickly and for the last 3+ weeks all has been fine - no symptoms beyond constant dry mouth.

While I like the convenience of the cartomizers I couldn't find more than a few flavors that I liked so I dove into the world of e-liquids based on the raves here for TastyVapor and Ms. T's Bakery

Well, my order from TastyVapor and Ms. T arrived so I tested them out - no seriously heavy vaping just some sampling of the 10 flavors I purchased and all of my initial vaping symptoms returned.

I don't get it: I've been using the PG cartomizers and the stuff I ordered from TastyVapor just has a dash of VG for Vapor and Ms. T advertises a combo of PG and VG but from all I've read people only seem to have a problem with PG - could I possibly be allergic to the VG?

Has moving to e-liquid bothered anyone else?

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Could be the VG. Could also be flavorings. I'm back to unflavored PG again. It's to hard to tell who is putting what in the juices. You could pick up some VG (cheap), and add a drop or to to one of your cartomizers that you haven't used the new liquids in. Maybe it's just VG. That's an easy fix. If not, and it's flavors, well, good luck.

Now someone will tell you that it's just your system clearing out all those toxins... sigh.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
When reading the forum, you find some people can't tolerate PG. (Although I suspect that many of those confuse symptoms of quitting analogs with problems with PG. And by the time VG arrives, the symptoms of quitting go back, too.) Some people can't tolerate VG. Some can tolerate either, but not a mix. Some actually do need PEG, because they can tolerate neither.

I suggest you get some pure flavours of each and try, if you suspect it's either. (As has been said, could be flavour, too.) If you manage to find the same flavour in both PG and VG, you can even try to find out what combination you can tolerate and what not. Or try your hands at DIY, that way, you have some control over what you vape. (Not complete, unless you vape unflavoured, but considerably more.)

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
Could also be flavorings.... It's to hard to tell who is putting what in the juices.

I agree. It could be an allergic reaction to another ingredient in these particular liquids besides being a simple PG vs VG issue.

My first 510 came in a kit with a box of regular tobacco-flavored pre-filled carts. Within a few minutes of using one, I started sneezing, my nose was running, and my eyes were watering. I was pretty miserable for several hours after using it.

This was after a few weeks of using prefilled carts from another company with no issues.

I've since switched to a company that makes all of their liquid in the US and lists the ingredients on the bottle. And yes, the irony of this is not lost on me: I smoked tobacco cigarettes for 21 years with who-knows-what added to them. But I won't touch an e-liquid unless I know where it came from and what's in it.

traderblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2008
Singapore
After using ejuice for a day, I was SICK! Lungs sore & stiff, sweating like crazy, sob, swelling of hands, weird head feeling?....It's been three days and I'm finally feeling better.....I've started to vap again with no nic carts; I am feeling light headed....I sure hope I can vape! Need to quit smokes!:confused:

These could be due to stop smoking cigarette rather than e-liquid. See symptoms of E-smoking thread. Many mistaken the symptom as caused by e-liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread