Not open for further replies.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Super T Manufacturing, Lifetime Warranty and even free polishing if somehow you manage to scratch up their stainless steel.

Owned 3... I sold them and moved on. I wont get into why.

Super-T makes great products but its always too little too late.
They are always playing catch-up in this industry.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Owned 3... I sold them and moved on. I wont get into why.

Super-T makes great products but its always too little too late.
They are always playing catch-up in this industry.

I curious how much you can get behind making mechanical tube mods. But I guess all of this is subjective because I consider their recent forays into such gimmicks as kicklets and telescopes as a deviation from their more purist roots. But perhaps you are referring to something I haven't considered.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
example... DNA20 addon... if you think they are going to be releasing that in 2013, you are out of your mind.
and by the time it comes out the industry will already be flooded with DNA20 mods, so why would we need it?
the Strata comes to mind... remember that? i know, its been a while.... a genesis hybrid for the for the precise line... :?:
The kicklet... so much hype for something that added an extra 1.5" to the length. At the time only an extra $60....:blink: a longer precise tube would have been a cheaper, better looking , and shorter alternative...
The shockwave... lol
The market has been flooded with so many telescopic mods, that the ELA almost seems like an afterthought.

Super-T was awesome at one point, but they are getting further and further behind on what the users want/need...

They should spend less time talking about addons on this forum, and more time perfecting, what they already make...
But dont mention that their products are flawed... you'll be scalded for uttering the words.

I'm sorry I've derailed this thread, i'll stop now.

Last edited:

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I think comparing a Provari to whatever, is much like comparing an iphone or MacPro to an android or PC. Most PC's have better 3d video, more memory, higher performance, and you can get all kinds of extras and customization unavailable from Apple. The same is true with iPhone vs Android. So why do people buy the (overpriced) Apple products. There is simply a level of refinement that is difficult to quantify. And all those other features, 95% of users would never use them. I say this in spite of being a PC and Android user because I am one of those 5% who want and use some of those extra features. But I did end up with a Provari because the Provari is only as complicated as it has to be, and in this case I am not one of the 5% that would not use the features not available on the Provari.

Last edited:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
i think the exact opposite... The Provari, does what a VV is supposed to do.
It regulates voltage (properly) and has an ohm meter for troubleshooting.
The build quality factor is there because it should be there... it shouldn't be a feature!
anything else is just bells and whistles just to sell you on an inferior product.

Sure there are other chips and boards that can do just as good of a job as a ProVari, but people like myself either dont have the time or just dont want to make a mod.

ProVape does it well enough that i acquired one :)

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
So why do people buy the (overpriced) Apple products.

Because Windows is a god damned nightmare that no one should ever use for any reason and professional audio and photo software doesn't run on Linux.

At this point, I'd never touch another Apple product again if I had the choice.

Compared to the rest of the market, the Provari is priced correctly. It's the 33.3 chip devies that are cheap, and they get there by being built by what's effectively slave labor with no work ethic.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
ProVape does it well enough that i acquired one :)

I've managed to acquire 3. Since I got my first one, I've never even considered buying another brand of VV device. All three are sitting in front of me being used equally. I do have a couple mechs and they do the job that I want them to with mesh RBAs. Nothing against the other stuff out there.. it's just not what I want.

I would have loved to have bought a superT device.. but that tapered bottom.. it's a turn off to me. I need something a bit more "stand up friendly"

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
It's amazing how emotional people get about promoting and defending their choices in hardware. Guess the saying should be changed, "don't talk about politics, sex, religion, and electronics in polite company."

Not all electronics, just mods. When is the last you had a heated argument about your toaster oven?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i have 2 babies and been through about a 1/2 dozen. ( i keep selling them - people love them some brushed vari's lol)

they arent without their faults. i cant understand why they wont offer a flat top or even sell their own prorings.. why wont they make the extension cap like the regular caps so they stand up better.
i love my semovar also. but until someone can match the provape chip step for step you ll have to pry the vari from my cold fist.

theres just too much redesigning and engineering to get a china chip thats close. and as soon as they do figure it out watch how high the price will be.

oh and supert? lol, yea - someday they may even be able to restock the driptips let alone the mods.

Last edited:

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
I think comparing a Provari to whatever, is much like comparing an iphone or MacPro to an android or PC. Most PC's have better 3d video, more memory, higher performance, and you can get all kinds of extras and customization unavailable from Apple. The same is true with iPhone vs Android. So why do people buy the (overpriced) Apple products. There is simply a level of refinement that is difficult to quantify. And all those other features, 95% of users would never use them. I say this in spite of being a PC and Android user because I am one of those 5% who want and use some of those extra features. But I did end up with a Provari because the Provari is only as complicated as it has to be, and in this case I am not one of the 5% that would not use the features not available on the Provari.

I agree with your Apple statement, but you lost me at the provari comparison. Why would I care about features on a device that doesn't vape half as well. The three best vapes are provari, dna20, and mechanical. All three of these have very Little options. Instead of focusing on features the manufacturer decided to make it vape well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I agree with your Apple statement, but you lost me at the provari comparison. Why would I care about features on a device that doesn't vape half as well. The three best vapes are provari, dna20, and mechanical. All three of these have very Little options. Instead of focusing on features the manufacturer decided to make it vape well.

The point I was trying to make was that if you were going by specifications alone, you would never buy an Apple or a Provari. But once you have one in you hand and use it you can appreciate the differences between it and the more economical alternatives.

I think that is a much more clear and concise analogy

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
The point I was trying to make was that if you were going by specifications alone, you would never buy an Apple or a Provari. But once you have one in you hand and use it you can appreciate the differences between it and the more economical alternatives.

I think that is a much more clear and concise analogy

Ahh so you meant it as a pro Apple and pro provari statement, but it didn't translate well into text?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
Ahh so you meant it as a pro Apple and pro provari statement, but it didn't translate well into text?

Yes, pro Apple, which is kind of funny because I wouldn't own an Apple myself. The only one I ever bought I sold a couple months after I bought it, I found it too inflexible and it wouldn't run software that were to me deal-breakers. But because of the build quality, simplicity, and idiotproofness I recommend them highly to typical computer users.

I must say Windows 8 was the best thing that could have happened for Apple. It is the worst OS I've seen to date, I've been a computer technician of some sort for 30 years and my new ultrabook confuses and frustrates the hell out of me, so I can't imagine what it does to those less geeky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread