Why so high in PG more than 50 pg is yuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
Why do you have so much Pg in your juice Pg is harsh most all the juice nowadays has gone 50% pg or higher with common juice being 30/70 pg/vg many offer max vg at about 20/80 and most all drip juice is 10/90. having high pg has gone the way of the DOe DOE that was a leftover from carto tanks my Kayfun V4 I vape 10/90 drip juice in it without issues. the other part is Vg is natural pg is man made yuck chemicals really 35 to 40 percent pg should max unless you want to kicked in the chest and have no plums. I have wanted to try your juice for a long time but I can find anything you have that is at least 40/60 all my take will gurgle. I just don't understand why you don't offer higher vg % your juice all has to be steeped anyway give folks a choice at least to go to 70% vg. You can't drip juice much bellow 30/70 pg/vg or it rips your throat out . I use 30/70, 20/80 and 10/90. I won't buy 100% Vg because its artificially thinned with alcohol and that also make the juice harsh

I know that pg is a flavor carrier ok true so that means to rid of that nasty chemical you have to add more flavor that works and for folks that want more flavor it also a quick fix use a kayfun Taifun, fogger (flavor devices) my taifun floods with thin juice. I know many folks seem to like your juice. Its just kinds pasay to use high pg I mean if I am wrong show me. I see a coupon for your BOGO) sale I wanted to try your best fruit and your custard but i just can't pull the trigger with juice so high in PG . I can't drip it my tanks will all be leaking. I sure I would be able to change my builds to fix them but to try juice change all my rigs

I just know the trend is going away from PG becuase its a chemical and also so folks can even be allergic to PG
So you tell me I am wrong and why I would really like to know I don't see how or why yu do things the opposite of everyone else

I wish you had
Betelgeuse 35/65 but this one 65/35 really so much pg yuck I really thought the most pg ever used was 50% I know one thing I never vap any over 50 50 not even for free
Custard's last stand 35/65 oe 40/60. 50/50 is so thin

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Most premium vendors, with the exception of Johnson Creek are 50/50 or favor PG. It carries flavor and facilitates wicking.
Most ingredients are chemicals. Personally, I'd rather inhale an alcohol over pressed vegetable bits...

The trend is for cloud chasers, who can't handle nic, can't taste their vape and just want to blow clouds...

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
First of all, that was very difficult to read lol. Second, dude, 50/50 is a very normal blend. I am sorry that you find PG that harsh, but the majority of vapers do not. Third, Sure Bert is Max VG I believe: Sure Bert @ $ 9.99 | eLiquid | Nicoticket. Fourth, NT pre-steeps their liquid and if they had to make each juice with 10 different PG/VG blends, it just isn't realistic. Fifth, PG is the chemical they use in inhalers for asthma. It is approved for inhalation and actually has antibiotic properties as I understand it.

Yes, many companies offer higher VG juices, but they are targeted towards dripping and those with PG allergies. Mista Kent Brooks is a vapinary (it's like culinary but for vaping) genius, and I want to be able to taste the masterpieces he creates. I notice even on my DIY, for fun I have created mixes at 70VG/30PG and they are much less flavorful than my 50/50 mixes (even with more flavoring).

I know NT might have some future Max VG versions of they're juice in the works, and roll out new ones every now and then. Also, you could buy some of their juice and cut it with some of your own VG.

If you really want to worry about chemicals, worry about the chemicals in flavorings, not PG.

Overall, Nicoticket is a flavor chasers dream.

Last edited:

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
Well if this BOGO thing works I try 2 bottles but it seem lot of their juice saying best after 2 months I am interested to see I will never use any juice more than 50/50 that's for sure. I hated that stuff with high pg already 4 years ago. I have tried a few 50 50s some were not too bad never had any I really liked.
I just know many site now offer your choice in PG/VG from 50/50 to max vg

YA telling me that something is approved for drug companies don't make me feel warm and fuzzy sorry the veggies sound just fine to me I eat veggies

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I apologize if any of this sounds harsh, but, I speak my mind. Your post was, as stated above, a bit difficult to read but I do get the point you're trying to get across. I also don't like more than 50% PG - luckily the only NT's that are >50% PG I don't even care for. I think there's 2 or 3 of them...

I suggest you do some research. PG, though a chemical, is not bad for you. I understand wanting to wean off all harmful chemicals possible. PG shouldn't be a concern unless you have a PG sensitivity (some call it allergy; technically I do not believe it is possible to be allergic, rather, "sensitive") for that matter, some people are sensitive to VG and need the opposite. Doesn't mean either PG or VG is bad. It's honestly a pet peeve of mine for people to bash PG. The dude in my local vape shop bashes PG and I said the same thing to him...do your research. Don't bash. If you're concerned about PG do me a favor - be wary of fog machines do not let your children near them :), and if you ever develop asthma make sure to debate your doctors about what inhaler to use since PG is typically used in asthma inhalers.

50/50 is a common blend and the best of both worlds. You're probably used to buying from non-premium vendors that are catering to cloud chasers and overflavoring their juices. Truth be told - if anything in eliquid is bad for us it's going to be the flavorings. Less flavoring = ideal for harm reduction IMHO

NT tests their liquids and finds what they believe to be the sweet spot in terms of PG/VG ratio. IE - the Virus - several others have asked for maxVG Virus. Clark has already stated Virus goes flat with higher VG. Fair enough. Any vendor offering you the option to select your preferred ratio will NOT make it into the post-regulatory market (unless they change their approach to meet regs but if they were smart they'd be on it already). I recommend learning to DIY or finding a vendor like NT that is actively working to ensure they meet the incoming regulations. Unless you wanna see your ADV zapped from existence further down the road, that is.

Check out "Mah Peeps" and "The Cure" as both are 60% VG (I think Peeps is actually 65% not sure)

Really - none of this was intended as rude or harsh, so if it reads that way, read it again, take a deep breath. I'm a friend. A friend who is blunt though :)

Last edited:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I think it also depends on your nicotine level. I'm close to zero so there is no throat hit and I cannot do more than 30 VG 70 PG as VG makes bad things happen (throat closing, lips swelling, rash on my throat and neck etc.) Not to mention the sticky goo that ends up coating everything near where you vape...icky! I add PG to my Nicoticket juices to make this work for me. That is how I manage it, that is my way of making the juices work because I love them. But also there are quite a few Nicoticket family here that cannot handle the PG out of allergic reactions. Clark (or Kent Brooks, the owner's nickname is Clark...) is doing his best to accommodate these folks by bringing out more VG heavy blends but he can explain that better.

I've let Kent Brooks know this thread is here but be patient. He is in Miami for a vaping conference and going to DC to represent vapors from there. I know he checks things but it may be radio silence for a while and he can explain it all to you from his business perspective in more detail. :)

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
My DIY mix is 80% VG and I understand where you are coming from but I don't find any of NTs juice to be harsh at all. I'm using rebuildables on REOs, all around .3-.4 ohms and get no harshness using 12 mg/ml nic.

The only issue I have with higher PG juices is I have to be careful not to squonk as hard/long as I usually do or it will pour out the air holes.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
My DIY mix is 80% VG and I understand where you are coming from but I don't find any of NTs juice to be harsh at all. I'm using rebuildables on REOs, all around .3-.4 ohms and get no harshness using 12 mg/ml nic.

The only issue I have with higher PG juices is I have to be careful not to squonk as hard/long as I usually do or it will pour out the air holes.

Over-squonker!!!! ^^^ :laugh:

ETA: Not that I would know anything about that or anything....:blush:

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA

I ordered CLS and strawnilla they were both 50/50 12 nic just to give it a go I find no matter what that only opinion about juice to me that matters is mine sorry I am the one that has to vap it so what good to someone else don't noting to me.

I so I will give them a fair try since they had a BOGO code I will see.

I have been thinking that I would try some higher pg just I did not want to go quite that far I was thinking 35/65 or 40/60 jumping down to 50% from 10% to 20%

So I give it a fair try and when I see maybe I retracted my statement

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
II find no matter what that only opinion about juice to me that matters is mine sorry I am the one that has to vap it so what good to someone else don't noting to me.

I so I will give them a fair try since they had a BOGO code I will see.

If we all liked the same thing it would be an awfully boring world, variety is the spice of life and all that. Like most everything in life, what I love you may hate and vice versa.

Giving them a try is the only way to truly know if you will enjoy it. I have a strong suspicion you will but if not I respect your opinion and hope you find something that you enjoy as much as I enjoy NT :)

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
If we all liked the same thing it would be an awfully boring world, variety is the spice of life and all that. Like most everything in life, what I love you may hate and vice versa.

Giving them a try is the only way to truly know if you will enjoy it. I have a strong suspicion you will but if not I respect your opinion and hope you find something that you enjoy as much as I enjoy NT :)
Ditto. No harm no foul if you don't like the juices. Just because we're loony over here doesn't mean you are wrong. You will like what you like and honestly there are a lot of fine juices to be had out there. As long as you aren't smoking I call that a win no matter what juice you vape!! :thumb:

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
Ditto. No harm no foul if you don't like the juices. Just because we're loony over here doesn't mean you are wrong. You will like what you like and honestly there are a lot of fine juices to be had out there. As long as you aren't smoking I call that a win no matter what juice you vape!! :thumb:

Its a personal taste thing with juice but at least I am picking a 2 bottles and giving them a fair shake To knock it and not have tried it I think would be wrong

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States

Well put my friend!:thumbs:

Josh V

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Omaha, NE
nicoticket.com
Hello OP,

Thank you very much for the feedback! However, it looks like the rest of the guys here pretty much summed it up. Like Sloth, Cullin, and Megan have said: high VG liquids are most likely going to become fewer and fewer as we get closer to the drop of the pending FDA regulations. Based solely on the fact that PG is used in inhalers, I really don't think you have much to be worried about in terms of risk. I don't think they'd put something in inhalers that causes trouble breathing, that just seems a little counter-intuitive.

Personally, I drip all of our liquids and don't really have an issue with it being incredibly harsh, but to be fair, I've only ever really dripped our liquids, I haven't tried much past that. One more thing to keep in mind is that mechanical mods, sub-ohm devices, and pretty much all unregulated devices, are most likely going to be going by the wayside as well once the FDA passes their final regulations.

We do offer a few higher VG liquids, Sure Bert is MAXVG (20/80), The Cure is 40/60, and Mah Peeps is 35/65. So check those out if you are interested in higher VG liquids.

But, as it has been said before, it's entirely up to you to decide what you do and do not like, and we really do appreciate any and all feedback. Please let us know how you like the liquid!

FattyJ

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
West Chester, OH
For what it's worth I have also evolved to only vaping high VG juices at least 70/30 and I would like nothing more than to be able to get a higher VG version of GCD, PBC, Wakonda, Strawnilla and a few others. I have tried Sure Bert and it has plenty of flavor for being higher VG so I have faith master Kent could make higher VG versions that still satisfied the flavor chaser.

Edit: I have found dripping higher PG liquids makes me ill when I drip at lower nic levels and go through more juice. It may be an allergy or something else but I don't seem to have this issue with higher VG liquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread