Why won’t they just WORK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shasta

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
At this point I think that one of the mods is the way to go. I also have a 510 and although I dont really have many problems with it, the batteries do seem do die way too fast. I get an hour at best and maybe 20 minutes at the worst. Also, the attys seem to loose vaping power after only a few days use. They still work pretty good, but not as good as they did the first day I used them. I have tried putting them on the USB passthrough and they still work just as good as they did when they were new. I think the real Achilles heel so to say with the 510 is the batteries, so I'm gettin a mod.

Whew! Thanks for that! I was getting worried with reading all this stuff about them not working! ;) Heck, once I get them, I don't mind messing with them. I am not sure what all this modding is, but I'll try it.

I work at home, so I really don't have to worry about batteries dying unless I'm going to a concert or something. I wish I would have had an electronic cigarette for the one I went to Sunday night! :D But anyway, don't smoke in my house, so I am constantly leaving my desk to go outside to smoke! Can't wait to try these out!!

Liz!

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Try a 2 piece.I shop at vapor4life.24mg cartomizers give good throat hit and vapor.No dripping or messing around.I sent the protege back and went with V4L.Finally,I can just vape and relax.They have xtra long batts that last 6-8 hrs.

I followed this advise and couldn't be happier.

Started with Njoy, which wasn't all that bad. But so homely.

Then got a 510 which I despised. What a fidgety, fussy, heavy, ugly, PITA. No battery life, terrible flavor. I could go on.

Now with my pretty, shiny, dependable V4L, I never give any of the technical stuff a thought. Long battery life, yummy flavor, good vapor. Easy and simple.

I just recently started refilling cartomizers to save a bit of money. Surprisingly easy on the very first try.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

LadyPamela

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Bay Area, California
I received my order from Innovapor today. Soon as I got in the house I put together a new bat, a new atty, a new cart, and some new Ecopure. What a difference!! It's got vapor and taste and the atty isn't burning hot. I then got another new cart and filled it with JC Tennessee Cured and HEAVEN!! It's unbelievable how much better it is.

I am sold on replacing the atty when things go bad. Costs about the same as a pack of analogs which used to be a pack a day.

I am going to use just Ecopure in one atty and just JC in another since I have read people commenting that JC seems to clog. I'll see if there's a difference.

I do want to try the VK KR808D-1 at V4L but still waiting for my Protege and want to see what that does first.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I am a happy vaper now. :p

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I am going to use just Ecopure in one atty and just JC in another since I have read people commenting that JC seems to clog. I'll see if there's a difference.
Johnson Creek juice is quite thin.
It doesn't clog, it floods.

Because it is thin, it doesn't build up as much in various parts and pieces.
Like your atomizer, or your filler material.

But because it is thin, it leaks out of your filler easier than most.
And that can flood your atomizer.

gooney0

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Falls Church, VA

It's unbelievable how much better it is.

I am sold on replacing the atty when things go bad. Costs about the same as a pack of analogs which used to be a pack a day.

Glad you got it figured out. I went through similar problems. I found they were all caused by a worn out atomizer.

An atomizer than does work well anymore can leak, fail to wick, flood, taste bad, and produce low amounts of vapor.

I suspect that a lot of users who need to mod their carts would be better off with new atomizers. It seems they are trying to adjust the cart filler to make up for the low performance atomizer.

I get 2-4 weeks of heavy use out of mine then I toss them in a drawer. They still work, but are like LadyPamela said... a real PITA.

-Gooney0

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
My RN 4075 seems to be a good balance between the consistency of the 901 and the hit of the 510. But yeah, I started using the blue foam mod with the straw mod because polyfill just wasn't doing it for me. And I have gone through a lot of polyfill.
I agree that eCigs are not something you can just pick up and start using easily like analogs, because the technology is still new. I'm willing to put up with all the PITA because of my concerns about the health risks of analogs.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
The fact that there ARE so many mods just to get it to work satisfactorily is very telling. PTB, Straw, batteries, etc. Just need a solid device that works the same every time.

I am waiting for my Protege and new attys that I ordered. Right now, I have tried different batteries, attys, carts. No fill in cart, just dripping. Filling the cart, no dripping. Filling the cart plus dripping. Nothing is friggin' working today just like two weekends ago!! I have blown out the atty twice. No vapor or taste. Drip TWO drops and it's gurgling and still no vapor or taste!

I am ready to scream!

[EDIT: Oops! Sorry! I didn't read through the whole thread before posting this. Looks like you figured it out, without my pearls of wisdom. ;) But, since I like my startling insights to see the light of day (or night, depending on time zone), I'm letting the post stand.]

It sounds like you've got a bad atty.

I've been vaping for over 5 months, but only been using the 510 for about 3 weeks. [So take my experience with appropriate grains of salt.] I'm still on the two attys that came with my starter kit. One has been a fair (but consistent) performer; the other has been a very good (and also consistent) performer. I only drip ... and I drip 3-4 drops, not 2. The 510 (atty and battery) has been the most consistent performer of my e-cigs (also including the 801 penstyle, KR808D-1, and Prodigy).

I don't look to the 510 to satisfy all my vaping desires. The vapor is excellent; I like its relative small size; that manual switch button is fantastic; and the experience is so smooth. But, for me, the flavor is subdued and the throat hit is limited. For those attributes, I look to my penstyle or Prodigy (both of which also produce excellent vapor).

Last edited:

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
I'm about ready to throw in the towel myself. Today my 3 day old atomizer just died after working fine this morning. The atomizer I
got in the mail yesterday was doa. My passthrough just stopped working - the wires are probably loose.

I don't know whether its bad luck or what but I can't get an atomizer to work for any length of time. I've read hundreds of posts but no matter what mine all stop dead cold. Not clogged not slow cold dead.

I've read so many posts on fixing e-cigs - I never realized before I started it entailed boiling atomizers and giving coke baths and poking needles and cutting up staples - nevermind soldering things.

lobro1

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Chicago
Just wanted to share an experience not seen here about cleaning my own pipes (nose and sinuses)

I've had a much smoother time getting the ideal smoke by using a neti pot on ME.

I've been vaping since June and the fiddling, cleaning buying stuff etc. was really starting to drive me nuts (perhaps a tinkerer's nature is like OCD)

I started using a neti pot about a month ago and now I can actually taste and smell what I'm really doing...

The change is astonishing to me..

I find I'm doing a lot less fiddling w/equipment and enjoying my vaping.

If so inclined there a plenty of referances on the intertubes including how to videos.

It takes some effort but well worth it.

Reboot

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern Maine
I have had similar problems with my 510. I drip exclusively with my 510, I don't mess around with trying to fill carts or any mods or anything (yet). The battery life *can* be an issue, but since I have 2 batteries and a PCC it never causes me any grief. The second battery is always charged when I need to switch.

I can't help you with the flavor issue, I find all juice flavors (that I've tried) to be subtle at best. I don't vape for the flavor, I vape to stay away from analogs and it's the nicotine, the vapor and the habit that I value most.

That being said, I NEVER drip more than 1 drop on a 510 atty. You just can't, it floods and then it's worthless until you blow it out. When I blow out my atty because it's flooded, I always dab it on a napkin or tissue to grab the juice out, otherwise it doesn't come out.

Dripping 1 drop at a time could be considered a pain in the .... for some people. It doesn't last more than 4 or 5 drags so this is inconvienient when driving or at other times when it's hard to stop and drip again and again. But for me it works, it might not for you.

At first it wasn't clear to me when the drop was finished because it continued to produce alot of vapor, but the flavor and the throat hit disappeared. I usually take a couple puffs once the flavor and throat hit are gone just to make sure the atty is dry enough to accept another drop. Once every couple days I screw up, flood the atty and have to blow it out. After I blow it out, I always puff it a bit before adding another drop.

The other thing I usually do, is I leave off the cartridge most of the time when I'm vaping (called tailpiping). The main reason I do this is it allows the atty to cool off faster in between puffs which allows for faster vaping.

oh and re: the neti pot...I saw a demonstation of that on Martha Stewart the other day and now I totally wanna use one!! I have problems with my sinuses anyways and I think that would really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread