Why won't my vape let me vape at high wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elixira

Mar 30, 2017
Hey everyone, I just bought my first vape a few days ago so I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing. I have the smok AL85. I've only been using it for the past 2 days as it is brand new and tonight I was not able to vape past about 55 watts. By that I mean when I press the fire button and inhale, almost no vapor comes out. I got the 18650 battery and I'm using the tank and attomizer that came with the mod. The battery was charged to about 30% when I realized it wouldnt pull when I inhaled at higher wattage. I was calling at 57 earlier today but went down as I realized I didn't really need it that high, but just to see how high i could go, I upped the wattage and it didn't work. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
as with all mods, the battery needs to be fully charged to supply the demands of full watt usage. Also, a single battery mod will have difficulties supplying 55+ watts for any length of time... you might be able to get it, but eventually the battery will loose charge and again fail to supply hi end wattage supply..

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hey everyone, I just bought my first vape a few days ago so I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing. I have the SMOK AL85. I've only been using it for the past 2 days as it is brand new and tonight I was not able to vape past about 55 watts. By that I mean when I press the fire button and inhale, almost no vapor comes out. I got the 18650 battery and I'm using the tank and attomizer that came with the mod. The battery was charged to about 30% when I realized it wouldnt pull when I inhaled at higher wattage. I was calling at 57 earlier today but went down as I realized I didn't really need it that high, but just to see how high i could go, I upped the wattage and it didn't work. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
As batteries drain. It gets to the point. It doesnt have power to fire the coils. Especially if you are using. Big Clapton coils

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey everyone, I just bought my first vape a few days ago so I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing. I have the SMOK AL85. I've only been using it for the past 2 days as it is brand new and tonight I was not able to vape past about 55 watts. By that I mean when I press the fire button and inhale, almost no vapor comes out. I got the 18650 battery and I'm using the tank and attomizer that came with the mod. The battery was charged to about 30% when I realized it wouldnt pull when I inhaled at higher wattage. I was calling at 57 earlier today but went down as I realized I didn't really need it that high, but just to see how high i could go, I upped the wattage and it didn't work. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory
In General lower ohm coils/higher wattage vaping will:
Heat The Coil Faster
Produce More Vapor, can mute taste (coat mouth/build up)
Drain The Battery Faster
Use E-Juice Faster
Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Shorten Coil Life
Shorten Wick Life
More PV Maintenance/Issues
More irritation to non vapers (tends create more negative comments regarding cloud production)

elixira

Mar 30, 2017
as with all mods, the battery needs to be fully charged to supply the demands of full watt usage. Also, a single battery mod will have difficulties supplying 55+ watts for any length of time... you might be able to get it, but eventually the battery will loose charge and again fail to supply hi end wattage supply..
Thank you! I guess I was too impatient. I let it fully charge and it worked at a higher wattage, though I am now vaping at around 30-40 watts so it shouldn't be a problem!

Reactions: Foggy Road
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread