Why worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2015
One juice has alcahol, one has diacetyl, I realized today that I'm stupid for obsessing about what's in my juice. I eat crappy food, don't sleep enough, drink at least 3 beers every night, and vape anything vapable. I am taking risk, I get that! But the scrutiny of vaping has gone too far! The other things we do as Americans may be a lot worse than vaping. Your thoughts please...thanks

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
One juice has alcahol, one has diacetyl, I realized today that I'm stupid for obsessing about what's in my juice. I eat crappy food, don't sleep enough, drink at least 3 beers every night, and vape anything vapable. I am taking risk, I get that! But the scrutiny of vaping has gone too far! The other things we do as Americans may be a lot worse than vaping. Your thoughts please...thanks
In Canada we have ECTA (Electronic Cigarette Trade Association) I only buy juice that is approved by them, but really I don't buy juice I mix my own so no worries whatsoever, I eat healthy, I go for long walks daily even if it's cold and I have 2-3 beers a day :D

Electronic Cigarette Trade Association (ECTA) of Canada

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I DIY, so I know exactly what's in my juice, and pay pennies per ml for it.
It's light years better than anything on a shelf, and I know it's made in a clean environment.

If you like to vape, seriously look into DIY, or you are just wasting money on lesser quality juice with a cool label.

Once you find a flavor or two that you really like, that's the time to get your DIY on, and save some cash for a nice new mod or atty.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Gotta Save the kids from Flavored Vaping so they can Smoke Tobacco and Fat out at Mickey D's.............:facepalm:

I have read so many point counterpoint publications and heard so many BS Tales of dread...................I COULD PUKE!!!

Fed up with being told Vaping is bad, with no proof
Fed up with being told Flavors will give you Popcorn Lung, when it has never happened to a Smoker or Vaper.
Tired of Claims that Vaping leads to smoking:-x and Flavors attract youth........
...... that Government thinks they have the right to Tell me what I am allowed to Taste..........They are MY BUDS!!!!:mad:

Fed up with all this Socially acceptable Crap and want to know why I have no say in what is/is not acceptable...............guess I'm just not sociably acceptable. :eek:

oops, slipped into rant mode:oops:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I eat crappy food,

Crappy food is one thing, crappy juice is another.

images

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    I make my own and don't worry about what's in it because what Mike said.

I knowingly inhale that stuff. It's even listed on the labels of some of my flavors.

With vaping being such a media target, we'll know pretty quickly if anything seriously negative is tied to it.

Until then, vaping is there to take the stress out of quitting smoking, not to create stress about your life choices and drive you back to smoking.

Tapatyped

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 18, 2015

Love the attitude: gets my thumbs up. Vaping whatever is probably safer than half the other stuff a lot of us do - or don't do, lol.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 4, 2012
    Michigan
    Oh man. Have to comment. crxess inspired my crankiness and long-windedness here....
    I spend about 2 hours every day in my car. Highway speeds, expressway speeds, excessive speeds on occasion, 16 Lbs of boost and sticky tires. I like cornering and long straights and sometimes when I have a nice stretch of back roads to myself I may push my vehicle close to the limits of what it is capable of handling before everything goes wrong in about any possible way you can think of.
    I work in a warehouse that requires me, at times, to operate a turret truck that weighs easily 3 times what my car does and can do irreparable amounts of damage to person and property with a single incorrect maneuver. While I'm not always operating them, they constantly operate in my vicinity. There are chemicals on the premises and we handle them in a regular basis. Flammables, corrosives, oxidizers, aerosols, all the things.
    I think the amazing truck drivers of America and beyond could agree that hauling freight is also a job that comes with a ton of responsibility and potential for great disaster to happen at any given moment. My hat is off to you folks. Except that gravel hauler that pulls out of the pits every morning when I crest the hill before their driveway. He knows. And he waits. And he creeps out and smiles in his side mirror because I can't pass him. OK I guess he's alright too.
    Let me just mention our military men and women here too. I'm not even going to go into the amount of personal risk one assumes and sacrifices for service. While my hat is off to the truck drivers, our service members have a piece of my heart. Thank you. More than you'll ever know.
    Even in my home life I take risks...
    Tonight I had to replace a 30A circuit breaker in my panel at home, and I did so without cutting the main power. Popped that sucker out and had a new one in, 2 minutes tops, without having to reset every clock and electrical appliance in my house. Unnecessary risk? Maybe. I'm here to type this now though, so it worked out and we have lights upstairs again soooooo....
    The point is, there may be risks associated with vaping, but in fact most of my day is spent in what some would consider a "hazardous" situation, albeit under control and maintained by common sense coupled with knowledge to keep myself as safe as possible while controlling chaos to a certain degree. I'm no "danger ranger" by any means and I have a pretty average day, but when you break it down to basics or can all seem pretty terrifying as it relates to your personal safety. I mean, when is it really NOT at risk?
    So then, I also DIY. I may not be 100% safe at all times, but as others have mentioned there is a good feeling knowing exactly what is going into your liquid, because it is all up to you. (Rant coming) I control the chaos, not a retail vendor pushing the latest buttery sweet whatever that's $30 per 30ml bottle, but only tastes good at 150 watts with quad juice-sucking coils to keep you coming back for more. To anyone: break the cycle if you are able. Retail is good in a pinch, but DIY is so much easier now than it was even 3 years ago when I started. You have recipes, solid vendors with good products, the ability to control what goes into your body, and it costs literally pennies per day. I'm 36 but I still chase clouds from time to time because I can afford to and it's fun to be ridiculous every once in awhile. I would hate to think how much money those poor cloud chasers stuck in the retail liquid vortex must be spending.
    Anyways, yes it's super irritating always hearing the negative about vaping. It saved my life and gave me a safer alternative to smoking myself to death. You want to talk to me about what I should be doing with or putting into my body? Too bad. You haven't earned that right. It's easy to pick the negative out of anything, but as long as you stay positive about the choices you make, everyone else can just get bent. You're living for you. Not them.
    Enjoy your custards, dirty dirty NETs (love them btw) or whatever you vape.
    Just let them know that you are one soul that does not belong with their cause, and good day.
    TL;DR - Yeah. What those other guys said.

CanadiVape

Feb 10, 2016
    Gotta Save the kids from Flavored Vaping so they can Smoke Tobacco and Fat out at Mickey D's.............:facepalm:

I have read so many point counterpoint publications and heard so many BS Tales of dread...................I COULD PUKE!!!

Fed up with being told Flavors will give you Popcorn Lung, when it has never happened to a Smoker or Vaper.
    Tired of Claims that Vaping leads to smoking:-x and Flavors attract youth........
    ...... that Government thinks they have the right to Tell me what I am allowed to Taste..........They are MY BUDS!!!!:mad:

Fed up with all this Socially acceptable Crap and want to know why I have no say in what is/is not acceptable...............guess I'm just not sociably acceptable. :eek:

Someone should remake If I Had by Eminem but make it about vaping.

I'm tired fox news telling fibs
    About the dangers of vapers hitting drips

I'm tired of not being able to find the lids
    For my juices, it's a nuisance, nothing else fits
    Then I have people telling me how that's not safe for kids

I'm tired of batteries blowing up in faces
    Now people get mad at me for smoking in public places
    Having to deal with unfair legislations, getting maced
    And tossed in the local station for vaping my bacon flavored flavor chaser

If I had a million dollars
    I would buy a thousand mods and only buy one hot rod
    If I had a million bucks
    I'd still be vaping and still give 0 ....s

If I had a magic wand
    I'd make the world swim across the pond and vape along
    If I had one wish
    I'd ask for a stripper. No, wait! Two strippers. Oh and world peace.

Last edited:

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 30, 2015
    ON. Canada

Honestly I don't care much about diacetyl etc and more about quality control, one guy picks his .... and I'm vaping feces, yeah no thanks...

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2013
    East Midlands, United Kingdom
    I ate eggs when they said they were bad for me, I eat the skin on chicken and chips are not chips unless they are covered in salt I couldn't care less about modern wisdom as it seems to change depending on budget. I make my own liquid for all the reasons other have stated but also because I find it relaxing weird as that might be is it totally safe don't know don't care it occupies some time it tastes damn good and most importantly I enjoy it. All this healthy living is not for me I'd rather Croak with my marbles then eat like a rabbit and live long enough for them to roll off the table, no one survives life best you can do is enjoy it while you've got it and enjoy the things that make you happy and sod the rest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread