why you should NEVER buy a screwdriver from TROG.

• Thread starter nos2k
  • Start date
  • th_trl_thread_readers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
nos2k, this is not the first thread we have seen regarding Trog's "people skills". It probably won't be the last:(. You posted this in an area of the forum where he cannot defend himself:mad:. That turns you into the bully - in terms of publicly critiquing the mute.

I do not own a SD. I am not a member of any fan club on this forum or otherwise. If I were a mod, I would move this whole thread OUTSIDE so he could at least defend himself. He is a REAL person with a reputation to protect and defend.

I understand your frustration and I can see why you have done this - feeling like you are protecting someone else from making your mistake. Trog has a long history here. Many have witnessed a good chunk of that history and know who he is.

I have heard many great things about his device and just as many bad things about his treatment of people. You needed to research a bit more before jumping on the bandwagon and laying out that much cash.

Trog is very defensive about his public reputation because threads like this one have been started before. Personally, I wish he would get his crap together and acquire some people skills so that his customers wouldn't feel the need to come here and call him on it. In his own forum, he can delete and edit all he wants. He could easily have worked this all out in PMs over there. He also could have answered your questions calmly and patiently and created some positive PR out of it. He could have easily deleted or edited anything he saw as negative once he had satisfied his customer. I don't want you to think that I find him without blame here. I do, however, want to tell you that you are looking very childish here having a temper tantrum.

I do not think either one of you were entirely right or entirely wrong in this situation. I do think this is a nonproductive way to handle it.

N

nos2k

nos2k, this is not the first thread we have seen regarding Trog's "people skills". It probably won't be the last:(. You posted this in an area of the forum where he cannot defend himself:mad:. That turns you into the bully - in terms of publicly critiquing the mute.

I do not own a SD. I am not a member of any fan club on this forum or otherwise. If I were a mod, I would move this whole thread OUTSIDE so he could at least defend himself. He is a REAL person with a reputation to protect and defend.

I understand your frustration and I can see why you have done this - feeling like you are protecting someone else from making your mistake. Trog has a long history here. Many have witnessed a good chunk of that history and know who he is.

I have heard many great things about his device and just as many bad things about his treatment of people. You needed to research a bit more before jumping on the bandwagon and laying out that much cash.

Trog is very defensive about his public reputation because threads like this one have been started before. Personally, I wish he would get his crap together and acquire some people skills so that his customers wouldn't feel the need to come here and call him on it. In his own forum, he can delete and edit all he wants. He could easily have worked this all out in PMs over there. He also could have answered your questions calmly and patiently and created some positive PR out of it. He could have easily deleted or edited anything he saw as negative once he had satisfied his customer. I don't want you to think that I find him without blame here. I do, however, want to tell you that you are looking very childish here having a temper tantrum.

I do not think either one of you were entirely right or entirely wrong in this situation. I do think this is a nonproductive way to handle it.

I respect your opinion.

I did not know he cant post here.

I also have done alot of research but there is _alot_ of posts on this board, and to read all and everyone of them would require a month of only reading, - i did not do that.

Thanks for your input. I will think about how i present myself the next time i start a thread - i think most of my "faults" in this, is that i just tend to type away - and then it does get very repetitive to look at, and that probably comes off as extreme ranting or extreme anger, which i just werent at the time i posted the stuff. That and the fact that i type nearly 2 words a second doesnt exactly help the filter-issue from thought-to-typed.

But, this has all given me alot to think about, so - i do appreciate your input. I still stand by my "meaning" in all of this, as a customer though.

N

nos2k

All the problems you have had have not been anything to do with the SD, they have been with the atomizers ....your thread should be complaining about the atomizers and not the SD.

As it was a new device, my original post asked if this was normal ( the burnt taste ) - then later it appeared that it was the atomizers / or seemed so - and then i said to people that offered me advice on it, that i would drive the 10 miles to my moms house, and borrow her 901 atty, to test it out. I did that, and reported back that the device was wonderful when it worked, and that the atomizers in fact were the problem.

So i am aware of that - and i do feel i did what was needed to resolve the problem. But i didnt know that when it first happened. It could have been too high voltage due to something gone wrong, - it could have been a battery failure. What do i know. Thats why i posted, - and i did follow the advices i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread