• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Why YOU should not order from FastTech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I have bought several Coil packs in the past from fasttech and when they had authentic in the description, they actually were and checked out as such.

As far as the items with fake scratch codes, don't know about all of the companies but at least 2 have a system that that doesn't work in. Those clones with fake scratch codes have the scratch code they took off of a legitimate item and the serial off that item. Now this doesn't work with at least eleaf items or Nitecore items as when you enter the scratch code both will tell you how many times it has been checked before. Probably a lot of the other manufacturers do as well. If you are not the first to check it...The item is fake. They maybe using the codes and serial numbers off of a few legit one to make the fakes but in general every fake I have seen has the same serial number.

The example I will give here is a vape shop purchase of an Istick 30w locally. It had the scratch code and serial number. I checked it on Eleaf and it had already been checked over 4,000 times. I took it back to the vape shop immediately and told him it was fake per Eleaf and he needed to refund it. I showed him a print out from the check. He refunded it. I went elsewhere and bought another. When I checked it, it was legit and said congratulations you are the first to check the code.

I got a Nitecore charger off of eBay and it checked out as fake. Nitecore site said it had been checked multiple times and was not genuine (Yeah I know eBay). This was a US seller with only one negative out several thousand feedbacks. I asked him to refund it, he refused and claimed it was genuine. I disputed it with paypal and got the money back a month later. In the meantime I bought another nitecore charger locally and it checked out as genuine. The Nitecore system responded with congratulations your product is genuine and you are eligible for warrantee coverage.

I haven't bought any real hardware from fasttech but I don't think they sell fake stuff when it says authentic in the item name. I have purchased Kanger coil, Seals and glass replacements from them. They were listed as Authentic, they checked on Kanger site as such and each package had a unique serial number.
Multiple items don't even exist.
$56.80 Authentic Snow Wolf Mini 90W TC VW APV Box Mod - 5-90W / 212-662'F (100-350'C) / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
The problem I have with FastTech isn't the long wait for products to arrive. The problem is when the order page says "Item will ship in 10 days" then when that day arrives, "Item will ship in 5 days" then when THAT day arrives, "Item will ship in two days".

I'd rather see "Item will ship in 30 days" and have it actually ship on that damn day. Now that I know how FastTech operates, I know that "Item will ship in X amount of days" really means out-of-stock and the item will ship whenever it comes in.

On the bright side, they're pretty good with cancelling orders and refunding money. I've never had a problem with that. And oddly enough, that's keeping me from cancelling my current order.

faslane1969

Sep 4, 2017
I agree it sucks to wait this long. my orders average 3 weeks Everytime so I always order 2 or 3 packs of 5 (Ceramin 0.3 euc coils) so I have plenty on hand. One if these can last a couple weeks VERY easily and before dry burning a bit to clean them of which you'll get another week if amazing flavor if you don't pop it. just don't dry fire it for too long each time and let it cool in between. But they are less than half of retail if any vape shop in my city so for 22.00 I get 15 if these that'll last 4 months literally so when I have 5 left I order 3 more packs and save 2/3 if the retail price. like 6.15 for 5 could vs 3.50 each in my city so it's a huge savings and I opt for the 1.00 extra shipping so it gets to me a week earlier but it's always 3 weeks every time which sucks but order ahead if time and you'll be fine. the coils are authentic tic and I do check with Vapiresso via the COA scratch off to be sure and haven't got any fakes ever. But Fast Tech isn't for the person who wants it right away or even within a couple weeks. It'll never ship that fast unless you pay and if you pay that much for shipping you may as well pay retail in your city u less it's a large order and you can justify the 15.00 shipping to get it in 7-10 days but I only buy could, nothing else. Juice us cheap locally and I know what I'm getting and I have my kids already so could is all I buy so it works great. Just order ahead and make sure you have enough unstick to last you 3 weeks to get your new ones. after a few orders you'll get stocked up and can start never running out etc but these are well under half price for me so I save a great amount if no moolah. I've never been charged anything other than price and whatever my shipping. No surprise custom fees or whatever has ever been asked of me. Keep on vapin'! ;-)

faslane1969

Sep 4, 2017
The problem I have with FastTech isn't the long wait for products to arrive. The problem is when the order page says "Item will ship in 10 days" then when that day arrives, "Item will ship in 5 days" then when THAT day arrives, "Item will ship in two days".

I'd rather see "Item will ship in 30 days" and have it actually ship on that damn day. Now that I know how FastTech operates, I know that "Item will ship in X amount of days" really means out-of-stock and the item will ship whenever it comes in.

On the bright side, they're pretty good with cancelling orders and refunding money. I've never had a problem with that. And oddly enough, that's keeping me from cancelling my current order.

Agreed. I used to HATE it and it drove me nuts. Now I just know it's going to take 25 days period and usually shows at 20 or 21 days so now I just count in it that way and don't even check it because it's never right. learned that the first few orders and now I order ahead while I have 0lenty if the coils I buy in stock so I don't run out not have to pay retail which is at LEAST twice or 3 times more depending on the coils. That's why I order from these guys. I spend a 3rd of retail...

Reactions: Letitia

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Oh I order months in advance, if I payed for the e-packet it would be under 1 month I'm sure. I still buy mods and most rta etc tanks here. I did order the $4.14 Haze RDTA clone, I have the real one so as long as it works it should be just as good. All I buy there is my knock off EVOD junk, cotton, wire etc... mostly stuff thats 1/4 of the price and I already have a years worth anyways. Most stuff I buy local was actually cheaper than FT.

I will say that I have been buying items from Fasttech.com for years now. about a month ago, maybe a bit more, I ordered 2 mods. I DID NOT receive the 1st item, but I did the receive the 2nd one after another week and a half or so. I wrote their support saying that I never received my 1st item. They would NOT resend it or give me store credit to reimburse me. The post office said the delivered it even though it was not in the mailbox. I checked with my neighbors, family, and around my house and the item was not put in the wrong mailbox (unless it was put it some random other persons by mistake then marked as delivered). They won't do anything since it said it was delivered (by that I mean Fasttech.com and the US Post Office (USPS)) and said I needed to get the post office to change the status of my order to Not Delivered on their weird shipping tracking website that they use before they would do anything, which they won't do because, and I quote from my voicemail message, "I am pretty sure it was delivered to the right place. Contact the company and let them know you did not receive your purchase and they should resend it to you". Yeah right! Even after telling Fasttech this they didn't care. What happened to the "customer is always right" or common decency, or just plain good business sense? If I bought the item for $30, then it would cost them significantly less (Chinese electronics are cheap and are resold at multiple times the value of what it cost to make them) to just send it to me again. Their only solution was that if I want them to resend the item I have to pay 80% of the total order cost (which includes the item I already received as it was in the same order, but was send in a different package), so I would be spending MORE $$ than the items original price in order to get the same item. Total bull.....

I have spent close to $1,000 on this site and have never had this type of issue (I have had very delayed items or ones that had to be cancelled because they were suddenly out of stock even though the items page said it was in stock and ready to ship, so I had to cancel the item) and find their customer service severely lacking.
This is the issue with companies that are not based in the US (mainly China), because they don't care. What are you going to do? Fly thousands of miles to their headquarters/business office and complain to them over a $30 item? No, they just say "Sorry, not our problem" unlike American companies that would resend an item to keep a customer happy, especially one who spends a decent amount of money and who recommends them to their friends.

Now they have lost a customer when for a small cost they could have kept one. Maybe it's petty, but I expect when I order to make it to my hands especially when I have to wait weeks or even more than a month for an item to get to my house from China.

TL;DR - BEWARE, if an item is lost you might just end up losing your money because Fasttech.com doesn't care about maintaining good customer service or keeping a customer happy, and they are too far away to go to the company and complain and are not subject to consumer laws that U.S. companies are.

Reactions: stols001

andyging3

May 14, 2016
On the other hand I ordered from a British company on the 29th September for an item due to go out 'mid-October' and which still hasn't been dispatched. I assume this is because they are waiting for the Chinese supplier to send them so in the end if you buy a Chinese made product you can still end up waiting for them! Such is life!

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Not Fasttech but a prominent purveyor…only tracking return since shipment…

2017-11-21 03:07 Service provider received shipment information

I've not had a shipment in 4-years not reflect an acceptance or further forward progress by china post by day 10.

Where's Elvis? Any thoughts anyone?

Good luck. :)

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Hey I think anyone ordering from FT knows they're notoriously slow, for all the reasons listed here.
You forgot to mention, they simply close up shop for Lunar New Year a couple of weeks annually without advanced notice until the day before closure. (Im used to this, living in Hong Kong.)

One pet peeve I have is after carefully seeking only items listed as “in stock” - suddenly after payment
they are not in stock and are set for delivery in a number of days.
I’ve also experienced items listed as shipped with a photo of a package on the orders page,
However attempting to track same item: it hasnt been recieved or processed yet,
>one week after package is listed as shipped.

The support team states reply time is 48 hours, but as soon as you submit the request,
the time frame may extend to 60+ Business hours LOL!

OK they’re slow! Hopefully youll get your items in a 60 day timeframe?
I’ve never had small free shipping order(s), so I cant comment.

FT arent a ripoff/scam, if you are due a refund, you’ll be refunded.
If you’re due a store credit you’ll get the credit.
You will need to open a support ticket with the order number in hand.
Expect bilingual issues, be clear/consice.

Use them for stock supplies you dont need immediately, cant find elsewhere like generic replacement items, small electronics, you know Hong Kong things!
You can pay with PayPal, bitcoin, CCs and Ive not heard of security issues/payment.
If you are expecting the pride in workmanship, pride in quality as HouseOfHybrids,
ProVari(past), Fast Tech is not for you! Most workers in these places are at the opposite end of the spectrum.
Sad to say this is kind of common in HongKong/southern China.
Good luck.

Reactions: BrotherBob

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
I have just started ordering from fasttech and so far I love it.takes about 10 days to 2 weeks average but that's cool for the money I save.just pay attention and get stuff that's ether "in stock" or " ships next day"and you'll be 100% ok.if they change the delivery day after you order.....like ships in X days cancel the order pronto.get the money out back in your card.just my opinion.have a good day

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I will say the support can be quite rude sometimes. I let them know a cotton they had described as wood color was just unbleached cotton not "wood" color. They responded with "natural wood is a yellow white" so I responded with "I live in the woods, here are some photos of the cotton next to fresh cut wood and even pressure treated processed wood is darker". Like I never seen wood before or something.

• Optimistic

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Reactions: billthetroll

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Sent her this as a reply lol.

Attachments

• attachment.JPG
    attachment.JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 22
  • attachment_1.JPG
    attachment_1.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Optimistic

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
It is AOLVAPE cotton, good stuff just don't look as dark as their photo and the description is laughable. You can see my photo of what it really looks like there. Maybe she thought I was comparing it to the stained maple wood in the background. Looks closer to their photo 2 then photo 1.
$1.59 AOLVAPE Japanese Organic Cotton Wick for E-Cigarette - 10g/pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
that does look nice,I have vaped that "organic Japanese cotton" for years and only started to branch out to other cotton wicks here recently.I like demon killer cotton.I'll probably pick up some of that cotton you linked me too.looks nice,but I have ordered so many times in the past 30 days from fasttech and no problems.only problem I've had was with some trolls in the community chat and I just trolled them back.so that was more fun that anything.seems like the trolls on fasttech try and make noobs feel stupid.it's a sad troll game.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
To me fasttech is great.only place you can get some of the unique products you can get.really cheap prices on stuff that otherwise I'd never be able to get.like a broadside,I'd never be able to get that mod for 250$ or a glas mod.18$ not 350$.just all around great Chinese online reltaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread