1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

wick taste

Discussion in 'Ask The Veterans' started by Cote, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cote

Cote Full Member

Hello. I am using an evod and rinsed out the wick thoroughly after using one juice then allowed the unit to air dry. I filled the evod with a different juice (my favorite) but am finding a strange taste. Is it possible the taste of the former juice is still seeping through? Can I get rid of that or do I have to put a new coil/wick in? Thanks.

2. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes, some juice can stay in a wick or even in the tank for a long time before it goes away. You could try rinsing it some more or soaking the head in alcohol and then rinsing again. I'd rinse out the tank with alcohol too but don't leave it soaking because you could damage any rubber or silicone parts.

3. steved5600

steved5600 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The silicone parts can take it but the rubber will not. One thing you might do is to get the glass version of the evod. Also if you have some needle nose pliers take the piece on top of the head that looks like a long stove pipe off while it's on the base and do a dry burn. the rubber Biker Babe was talking about is that insulator on the bottom of the head. I found out the hard way they do not like a long soak in alcohol. LOL I rebuild my heads so i replace them with silicone ones. If nothing else soapy water or a sonic jewelry cleaner or even a water pick will clean them too.

4. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I will go away, eventually--unless it's a very strong flavor like cloves or cinnamon or peppermint...

If it bothers you, grab a new coil and soak the offending one in denture/retainer cleaning solution--flavorless. :D You can soak the tank and all of its parts in that solution as well--it's really very effective on odors.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.