wick taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am using an evod and rinsed out the wick thoroughly after using one juice then allowed the unit to air dry. I filled the evod with a different juice (my favorite) but am finding a strange taste. Is it possible the taste of the former juice is still seeping through? Can I get rid of that or do I have to put a new coil/wick in? Thanks.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
The silicone parts can take it but the rubber will not. One thing you might do is to get the glass version of the evod. Also if you have some needle nose pliers take the piece on top of the head that looks like a long stove pipe off while it's on the base and do a dry burn. the rubber Biker Babe was talking about is that insulator on the bottom of the head. I found out the hard way they do not like a long soak in alcohol. LOL I rebuild my heads so i replace them with silicone ones. If nothing else soapy water or a sonic jewelry cleaner or even a water pick will clean them too.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I will go away, eventually--unless it's a very strong flavor like cloves or cinnamon or peppermint...

If it bothers you, grab a new coil and soak the offending one in denture/retainer cleaning solution--flavorless. :D You can soak the tank and all of its parts in that solution as well--it's really very effective on odors.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread