wicking, single coil, and fast nic hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
had a few simple questions I am still confused or unsure of.

1. I am getting a very fast nic hit using my new archon rda with a 3mg; why is that? maybe 2 hits and I already have a headache. is it due to dehydration?

2. whats the difference between single coil and duel coils? as far as flavors,vapor, air flow.

3. just got some weird feeling/looking cotton with the rda feels nappy like wet hair is it just regular cotton that had been boiled? and does boiling serve a purpose.

4. in rda's does more cotton = better or is it a con? I'm using a single coil that was pre built clocking in at 0.41 and it seems like it is having trouble wicking it's a pretty long wick I tucked one tail in the juice well the other end is ontop of the posts and the end ontop of the posts seems wet while the cotton near the coil is dry. I can taste it is dry as well but the end on the posts are still pretty wet. any tips?

other then that it hits well

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Itry try a few:
#1 what is you ohm and wattage? Big difference beteen dosage at 3mg when the ohms are less the 1ohm vs more than 1 ohm. Basically the more juice you consume per hit the more nic you get.

#2 Too difficult to answer this. For me I prefer single mainly because I am lazy.

#3 I boil all cotton, besaue I think it wicks batter after boiling. Nappy cotton could, just less refined/milled.

#4 neither more or less, these only 1 correct amount of cotton for each coil. Dry cotton at the coil says you are cosuming the juice in the coil faster than the wick can wick. Could be chocking, too much wick or or starving, too little, could also be too many hits too fast or too hot a coil.

Reactions: jacob bonilla

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
had a few simple questions I am still confused or unsure of.

1. I am getting a very fast nic hit using my new archon rda with a 3mg; why is that? maybe 2 hits and I already have a headache. is it due to dehydration?

2. whats the difference between single coil and duel coils? as far as flavors,vapor, air flow.

3. just got some weird feeling/looking cotton with the rda feels nappy like wet hair is it just regular cotton that had been boiled? and does boiling serve a purpose.

4. in rda's does more cotton = better or is it a con? I'm using a single coil that was pre built clocking in at 0.41 and it seems like it is having trouble wicking it's a pretty long wick I tucked one tail in the juice well the other end is ontop of the posts and the end ontop of the posts seems wet while the cotton near the coil is dry. I can taste it is dry as well but the end on the posts are still pretty wet. any tips?

other then that it hits well

1: Maybe you are vaping at too high a wattage for 3mg.
30 watts ought to be good; 100 watts might be too stong for you.

2: depends; if its a mech mod you'll draw twice the power; if it's a regulated mod you'll need to double the power.
with duel coil you can get more vapour and need more airflow.

3: dunno.

4: wicking is an art; you gotta experiment.
whether you need more cotton or not depends on whether you have enough already; there certainly is such a thing as too much cotton or cotton too tight on some coils; contact coils are different from spaced coils.

Coil diameter is important; the bigger the diameter the more cotton you can fit in there. Spaced coils means neighbouring wraps are not in as much competition for the wetness of the wick on one side or the other of them; with claptons and such complex coils, the coil itself is in part its own wick and helps the wicking.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
the nic hit went away I think it was because I was getting sick as the next day I was sick ontop of that I didn't rinse the rda before use and it had a very weird taste since then it is doing fine except the drip tip if I use the metal one it came with it gets the weird taste.

Always wash new atomizers, drips tips and some mods in HOT soapy water or alcohol before 1st use. This is to remove any oils and chemicals left over from manufacturing. RDA, RTA, RDTA whatever should be fully dis-assembled for cleaning.

Reactions: jacob bonilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread