Wifey hates vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

neauxanalogs

Apr 19, 2012
Louisiana
All:

My wife is having a terrible time with vaping. We have been using 80pg/20vg tobacco @ 24mg. We started out on Ego clones with 1.5ohm dual-coil cartomizers. We have tried Halo, Dekang and other "lower-end" e-liquids. She has gone back to the analogs because she doesn't like what vaping "does to her lungs". She says that it takes her breath away and she cannot breathe and that the effects last for a while. This weekend, we received our lavatubes. I thought (mistakenly) that a more potent vape would provide a more realistic analog-like vape. (I am loving the higher voltage setup using a vivi nova tank and 2.8ohm head). She tried it 1 time and just about threw the lavatube out of the house. I lowered her voltage to 3.0 and she still didn't like it.

What are we doing wrong? Is she perhaps sensitive to the PG? She is allergic to Yellow #5, so the thought has crossed my mind that maybe the e-liquid contains this coloring. I need to find an e-liquid that she is compatible with so that she can put the d_mned analogs down for good and I can stop wasting my money buying PV equipment and e-liquid that just sits there.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

CayCay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2011
Austin TX
Let her quit in her own time. It takes some longer than others to realize that they are about to give up something they love and rely on so much. I don't think any of us realized that vaping would be more satifying and actually work. Just support her but don't piss her off with it. lol. Keep sampling juices here and there and do the whole "oh honey, try this!", she may find one that she really likes and starts to crave (aka... your bottle slowly disappearing without your knowledge).
The only thing that "hurt" me was too high nicotine or high voltages.

Last edited:

LTV1

Moved On
Oct 29, 2012
USA
Let her quit in her own time. It takes some longer than others to realize that they are about to give up something they love and rely on so much. I don't think any of us realized that vaping would be more satifying and actually work. Just support her but don't piss her off with it. lol. Keep sampling juices here and there and do the whole "oh honey, try this!", she may find one that she really likes and starts to crave (aka... your bottle slowly disappearing without your knowledge).
The only thing that "hurt" me was too high nocotine or high voltages.

Good sound advice. I tried to forcefeed vaping to my wife and as independent as she is I should have known better.
:D

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
She is probably trying to "smoke" it like a cigarette. Have her bring the vapor into her mouth and THEN inhale. Many people don't inhale at all for the reason she is giving you. Vaping isn't like smoking, the nicotine is absorbed through the mouth and nose so there isn't really a "need" to inhale at all.

Plus when she quits the cigarettes her lungs will be purging all the accumulated tar et al. so she will be coughing and sometimes vaping during that time caused me to cough even more. That may be causing her discomfort as well.

If she wants to quit cigarettes, she will. Pushing her may just bring on resentment, but maybe having her try to use it in a different way will help her get over her discomfort. GOOD LUCK!

Kelly2632

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Buford, GA
Yup, I'd lower the nicotine level and let her try it out...

The only thing that "hurt" me was too high nicotine or high voltages.

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
Just to throw this out there. Many (like me) apparently have a problem with too-high percentages of VG as well. It's a lesser known sensitivity as most people talk about PG issues. So to add the pain-in-the-...-ness, you might have to try a bunch of different PG/VG mixes to find your one.

I get heavy sore lungs as well and am trying to find the best pg/vg mix at the moment myself. More time and more money. damn.

neauxanalogs

Apr 19, 2012
Louisiana
All: just heard back from Heather's Heavenly Vapes. Their e-liquids contain no artificial colors, so that is where I'm headed. I would liked to have tried Virgin Vapor, but they do not appear to have any tobacco flavors. Guess I'll put together my own "sampler pack". Thank You to all for your input. :)

Now if I can just remember where I saw that stupid Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream flavor. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. 8-o

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
All the above, plus tell us more about her smoking. What cigs does she smoke and how much does she smoke. Could be certain flavors would be more to her liking. What flavors have you tried? We might be able to recommend other flavors.

I'd bet it's the PG, though. Give her some time away from it and then perhaps try some VG only based juices. But, get some from a vendor who specializes in VG only, because some don't get the flavors quite right when you have them make their juice with VG. Virgin Vapor and Heather's Heavenly Vapor Purity line are good ones. Johnson Creek Red Oak line is also a good one.

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Another thing that may help. Start out with a much lower powered e-cig. I had my mom try my egos, and she couldn't stand them. Made her cough horribly. I won a free 510 kit in a contest a long time ago and found that the vapor was very light and wasn't enough for me. It worked GREAT for her though. She could easily stand that. So don't give up, just try something a little smoother. Once her lungs get used to having the heavier water vapor, she may be able to move up to a different device. That's my suggestion anyway.

neauxanalogs

Apr 19, 2012
Louisiana
All the above, plus tell us more about her smoking. What cigs does she smoke and how much does she smoke. Could be certain flavors would be more to her liking. What flavors have you tried? We might be able to recommend other flavors.

I'd bet it's the PG, though. Give her some time away from it and then perhaps try some VG only based juices. But, get some from a vendor who specializes in VG only, because some don't get the flavors quite right when you have them make their juice with VG. Virgin Vapor and Heather's Heavenly Vapor are good ones.

She currently smokes Pall Mall 100 Blue. When it comes to analogs, she can smoke any old cheap cig and not be bothered by it. She smokes upwards of a pack a day. We have stuck to the tobacco flavors because of all the problems I have heard about using the dessert, fruit, coffee and candy flavors: premature burnt cartos, clogging et al. Plus she just doesn't have any interest in those types of flavors. She loves the smell of pipe tobacco, so I have high hopes in HHV's "Gandalf" as well as a few others there.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Ahh, well you have picked a great vendor. I love Gandalf. I smoked Marlboro Light 100's. Try several. I think she would like Dark Horse and Huntsman, as well. Gollum is also one of my favorites. Heck, almost every one of HHV's is good. They really should steep for a couple weeks, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread