Wiiiire questiiiions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
I mean honestly mate I've only had that problem, once ever. Out of about 16 RDAS I've owned, I might've just tightened that one day waaay too hard haha.
I've done it several times with 24 awg A1 clapton on a Mutation X v4 and with my Serpent using 28 awg ni200.
My very first builds were for TC using ni200 on my sigelei 150tc just 6 months ago. I've come a long way.

As for your new topic, I'll look into it.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
My research says it's available in stainless and other colors. The gold look probably comes from plating. I've not seen a picture of it where it even remotely looks copper. If you have one and disagree with my post, post a picture of it. :)

Making one out of copper would reduce the voltage drop but I'm pretty sure plating it with stainless (if possible) would be counter intuitive.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
My research says it's available in stainless and other colors. The gold look probably comes from plating. I've not seen a picture of it where it even remotely looks copper. If you have one and disagree with my post, post a picture of it. :)

Making one out of copper would reduce the voltage drop but I'm pretty sure plating it with stainless (if possible) would be counter intuitive.
Yeah man if anything honestly I sanded the AFC ring and patina'd it a nice dark gold/brownish kinda gold/and blue so definitely copper! And the rest was SS, it's a nice SS still with copper inlays and a cool AFC ring!

VapingVro

Sep 2, 2016
Killa City
I've done it several times with 24 awg A1 clapton on a Mutation X v4 and with my Serpent using 28 awg ni200.
My very first builds were for TC using ni200 on my Sigelei 150tc just 6 months ago. I've come a long way.

As for your new topic, I'll look into it.
Yeah man same here tbh but I'm just glad I've only ever done it once. Now to just get some leads to stop coming out haha, frickin' small gauge wire needs so much extra attention with it's wonderful selfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread