Will NEW vapers be low wattage vaping in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
You can't compare cost to DIY at home and to manufacture it in a legitimate business with an actual clean room. Employee salary insurance and rent all factor in but is always forgotten.
Sure can, when im comparing it to the vape shop who mixes in their back room...and charges nearly $1/ml or very near that even $0.50/ml is too much. Tons of shops make their own. Clean room ha! Not talking about Halo and the likes that moved out of their basement into legit facilities..

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Employee salary, Insurance and Rent

How can you say that costs 50 cents?
Simple. If sales are enough to merit the hiring of employees other than yourself clearly there is profit. Insurance... cheap... rent... most vape shops i know of are in less than desirable locations not your "big ticket" strip malls but the odd duck that doesnt connect to anything and has 3 or 4 other places next to it. easily 1 week would pay for the entire month including cost of goods.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
That you know of.

Not enough to justify the ridiculous price of $0.50-1.00 per ml.

Yes, I know what I pay for and I am not afraid to spend my money remember?

Apparently you are not familiar with what commercial property cost to rent per square foot. Believe whatever you want to believe.

If I was paid what I make per hour to make my own DIY it would be the most expensive e-Liquids even if it only takes 10 minutes to make a 30ML bottle.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Yes, I know what I pay for and I am not afraid to spend my money remember?

Apparently you are not familiar with what commercial property cost to rent per square foot. Believe whatever you want to believe.

If I was paid what I make per hour to make my own DIY it would be the most expensive e-Liquids even if it only takes 10 minutes to make a 30ML bottle.
Whatever helps you sleep. Also you assume everywhere is the same as NYC.... it is not. Undesirable commercial property is much cheaper which is where you will find 95% of vape shops. Its not about who spends money on what. Pretending that that excessive price tag is all going to overhead costs and cost of goods is just silly. :D enjoy it however you want but making excuses for these sharks is just ridiculous. Deeming regs are going to make things worse for price too because those who will remain will have a government granted monopoly and just blame "regulations" for cost even if they are still pocketing 80% of sales price as profit.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
234338470028949990f72a460e2a6603.jpg

Reactions: David Wolf

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
That you know of.

Not enough to justify the ridiculous price of $0.50-1.00 per ml.

My everyday juice is .60¢/ml $18/30ml.
That's enough to last me for a week.
Cigarettes are $6/pack, where I am.
At 1.5 packs a day that adds up to $63 a week.
Even throwing in $5 every couple of weeks for factory coils it comes out less than a third the price of smoking.
I try to be budget conscious, but I'm not THAT cheap.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
HAHAHAHAAA Look at their margins on juice... Its just like printer manufacturers. To buy a printer is dirt cheap. To replace with full sized ink cartridges it costs more than the damn printer... look and you will see how they stay in business.... silly to sell only juice and not offer devices to a newbie to keep them coming back for the consumable... Then you have shops like i have around here one chain in particular has about 8+ shops around town and they are still a 2x markup on all mods, and juice HAHAHA not even close to competitive, BUT they also carry a lot more newbie gear for tootle puffers and newbs alike so that is how they stay in business..
Haha, you try to succeed at a business where you pay $1000-2000 monthly rent, internet, banking, security alarm, heat, hydro, phone ... and likely employees.

A $15 juice costs them $3-4-ish all in excluding the names you kind like OHW, Cuttwood,etc which have crap margins.

Hardware margins suck.

Tough business but HAHA to being ripped off isn't the reality for smokers that want to quit and don't know what VapeNW or Fasttech is.

B&M's are almost universally going to be screwed and that is only bad news for people trying to quit smoking...

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
I predict:
2020-
USA: The market will be almost entirely cig-a-likes and pods.
DIY and hobby vapers will persist, but a new vaper will buy a BT or BP product from the corner store or filling station. (where they get their cigarettes now)
EU/UK: about the same.

Disgusted
IMG_20170325_132333690_zpszg5b5ds4.jpg

I mostly agreed with this. I think it will be pods and cigalikes, whatever BT wants to make available. I think it will just get more and more regulated until the above is what you have left.

Hopefully I am very wrong. Wouldn't be the first time, lol

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I seriously doubt that BT doesn't see the failed attempts to get a piece of the market didn't work and start with a Marlboro MOD or something similar in name that is like the best selling devices today.

I was at Walmart the other night and see they are in the vape bidness now. Pretty basic stuff, sold under a brand that didn't ring any bells. The bod mod looked sorta like a iStick 30 and the tube mod like that AIO I seen a year ago. Ya know they had 30ml bottles of juice and for the life I don't recall the price.

Maybe online.............................

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
I seriously doubt that BT doesn't see the failed attempts to get a piece of the market didn't work and start with a Marlboro MOD or something similar in name that is like the best selling devices today.

That might happen too. If it did, do you see them offering a selection of toppers like we have now? Or something much more limited? Every choice they give the consumer could potentially cost them a lot to get it approved.

Reactions: SteveS45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread