Will NEW vapers be low wattage vaping in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
No, that's saved for special times with leather. :lol:
F2.gif

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Just curious as to your thoughts on this.

I don't like the term "tootle puffer", but it seems that it is nearly impossible to find a new mod that is less than 30w with the vast majority being 75-200w. There will likely always be cheap eGo/cigalikes out there, but I don't see a lot of these on B&M shelves. Also, beyond Nautilus tanks, there are very few non-sub-ohm tanks being released that take factory coils.

I know many of you are using Kayfuns and other "tootle puffer" rebuildables, but it is not realistic to expect a new vaper to start rebuilding immediately.

I will always have my rebuildable Kayfuns and non-rebuildable Nautilus and Triton tanks as long as Nautilus coils are available (DO NOT mention the VVTF please :nah:), but I fully expect than the majority of new vapers will be starting out sub-ohming on juice guzzling tanks (even 0.5-0.7ohms) on 50-200w mods.

Wadda think the future holds for these poor hopefully soon to be ex-smokers that will be new to everything vaping?

non-refillable BT pods is the end game for BG ... @ 8 bucks each :smokie:

or 5 for $35 :glare:

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
8 track was my favorite. Who thought switching "sides" in the middle of a song was a good idea?

The worst thing about the old media is that you get "locked" in that when you hear the song without the click, hiss, skip, or other things (like announcer's voice at beginning or end because you taped it from the radio) it doesn't feel right anymore.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
The worst thing about the old media is that you get "locked" in that when you hear the song without the click, hiss, skip, or other things (like announcer's voice at beginning or end because you taped it from the radio) it doesn't feel right anymore.
I know!

I also miss ripping the plastic off an album and looking at all of the big pretty pictures!

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I know!

I also miss ripping the plastic off an album and looking at all of the big pretty pictures!
Sliding the album out and crossing your fingers and you take and look at the internal sleeve for the words to the songs and extra pictures.

The records (I remember Kiss doing it for a lot of their albums) that came with extras, like actual posters and other goodies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Sliding the album out and crossing your fingers and you take and look at the internal sleeve for the words to the songs and extra pictures.

The records (I remember Kiss doing it for a lot of their albums) that came with extras, like actual posters and other goodies.

Anyone remember the poster from Goat's Head Soup?

Yeah, a pdf doesn't really satisfy compared to liner notes, does it?

Reactions: RainSong

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio

^^This^^
Being an old guy I'm always listening to early Zeppelin, Santana and etc. To this day my mind still expects the 8 track player to change tracks at certain points in a song. Gets me every time when it just keeps playing.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

Then there's the new stuff that reminds me of the old stuff. Sorry, I've been looking for an excuse to post these guys.

Love it! Reminds me of Canada's The Sheepdogs.

Never heard of them. Thanks for posting it!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
One thing about Vinyl compared to Digital is when you run out of storage space now getting a larger storage medium takes up the same or less space to store 2-3 times as much or more. Although I still have my Vynil in storage I never had over 10,000 complete albums and it sure is easier to find something now.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
One thing about Vinyl compared to Digital is when you run out of storage space now getting a larger storage medium takes up the same or less space to store 2-3 times as much or more. Although I still have my Vynil in storage I never had over 10,000 complete albums and it sure is easier to find something now.
Not entirely true. If i want to upgrade my server from the 12 terabytes i currently have available i would NEED to add another drive, i cannot simply purchase a larger capacity drive i have to purchase another and add it to the server :D

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Not entirely true. If i want to upgrade my server from the 12 terabytes i currently have available i would NEED to add another drive, i cannot simply purchase a larger capacity drive i have to purchase another and add it to the server :D

Maybe you can't but there is no reason you can not replace a drive with a larger drive. First if you are storing your music on the drive containing the OS that is a mistake as it should be on a dedicated storage drive like in a RAID Array.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I find it hard at some point to even get as much music as some people I've known to have...

My collection is somewhere around 40-50GB (and grows slowly as I'm extremely picky).... it would be bigger but part of my earlier stuff was basic 128-224 bitrate - heck, hard drives were still around the 200GB max when I started getting the digital stuff and moving from CDs and such and I don't really feel like redoing that many disks or downloads... (still better than my first "PC" computer with a huge 10MB hard drive.. or my first computer with 5K of RAM... guess which computer!).

But for the sheer amount I think I have just about everything that I can think about getting from my younger days, it's enough music to play 24/7 for a few months without repeating anything twice. I know one person that's hitting around 300GB and I can't even phantom how he'd have to time to even listen to a fraction of it.

My big issue is my video collection.. my 34TB system for video (not counting the other several TB on the rest of my system...) needs to be cleaned up every so-often.... re-converting the old divX (or such) at very high bitrate that takes up to 3-4GB per DVD quality movie, to a mp4 (barely 700MB-1GB for same quality) does increase it's life without me having to flip all my 2TB to 3 or 4TB drives.... at least not yet. My main computer has 12 hard drives, plus so many ports that I actually have a problem... no more letters of the alphabet for some of the drives/ports...LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Maybe you can't but there is no reason you can not replace a drive with a larger drive. First if you are storing your music on the drive containing the OS that is a mistake as it should be on a dedicated storage drive like in a RAID Array.
not when 6tb drive is as large of spinning hdd lol if I want to add storage buying another 6tb drive to make overall storage 18tb instead of 12. Why would you assume anything about my OS being on server storage drives. Every OS I have is on ssd's. Not one of the 6 pcs in my house has os on an hdd. Unless you count the 3 Xbox one's but even then I have ssd for gaming from and sshd for storage on those

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread