FDA Will the FDA regs apply to orders from overseas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
What retailer was this shipped from?
Thanks.
Thank you for posting your experience here. While most are asking which vendor is the order from,
Im more interested in which country is it shipped out of?
a few more details would be helpful to us all.
Cheers.

John Vezirian

Sep 27, 2016
The retailer was VapeSourcing.com I had two orders in with them, I got one in last month, missed the cut-off I guess, I have this one and one from sourcemore.com

So it looks like we will not be sneaking anything new into the country, damn and it was a few nice new toys too... Going to have to get me a PO Box in Mexico, have all my goodies delivered there, oh hell, but the FDA will probably have vape sniffing dogs at the border..... I guess it true.. FDA stands for "Freedoms Don't Apply"

Reactions: puffon

John Vezirian

Sep 27, 2016
My last orders are one from each.....

Shenzhen Vapesourcing Electronics Co.,Ltd.
Add: 706, Honghai Building, Central Road, Shajing Town, Baoan District, Shenzhen
TEL:0086 755 85252280 FAX : 0086 755 85252806
www.vapesourcing.com

and

sourcemore
Room 212, Shennan Garden District A, Yuehai Street, Nanshan District, Shenzhen City, Guangdong province, China, Customer Service Tel. no: 86-755-32903781

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
The retailer was VapeSourcing.com I had two orders in with them, I got one in last month, missed the cut-off I guess, I have this one and one from Sourcemore.com

So it looks like we will not be sneaking anything new into the country, damn and it was a few nice new toys too... Going to have to get me a PO Box in Mexico, have all my goodies delivered there, oh hell, but the FDA will probably have Vape sniffing dogs at the border..... I guess it true.. FDA stands for "Freedoms Don't Apply"
Thank you.
It would be sheer speculation to guess if the holdup is due to the
1-Shenzhen China origination,
2- same seller is supplier of dry herb vaporizers.
3-Supplier might not be verifying for age
4- ??
In any event Thanks for letting us know.
So is it time we all switch to using Tor, and setting up drop boxes?
(3/4 joking)
Cheers.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Damn.... 2 orders being held in customs in Los Angeles.... Was not thinking of things when did some pre-order purchases last month, that dates fell into this month... Got notifications from DHL that my orders are being held pending further information:
  • My SSN
  • My address
  • My Name (referring to me a importer)
  • Detailed inventory, description of contents, manifest, invoice
  • Name of retailer
  • Address of retailer
Damn... I think I am going to see about $350.00 get flushed down the toilet.......

I think you should contact DHL by another route & confirm that they are the source of this request for your personal information. They ask not for age verification, but for your social security number.

This “notification” sounds like a scam. The threat of “legal” action & financial gain / loss is classic.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I did call them, spoke to DHL directly, actually to the general tech, who then put me in contact with the case rep, handeling the processing, the notifications was legit, they want social for age verification, but I did confirm, by phone and e-mail, through DHL's website, there was no redirection.
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

John Vezirian

Sep 27, 2016
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: one, your email address and two, posting email without other person's permission

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
The retailer was VapeSourcing.com
Color me a genius but any company with "Vape" in their name these days probably needs to rethink that. (Just a hunch mind you).
...damn and it was a few nice new toys too...
Batteries or mods w/batteries I presume? DHL is one of the few that still deliver these. Lithium and air travel have problems of their own with carriers.

Reactions: Rossum

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
No, everything. The reason is unknown. 100% all DHL packages from Fasttech had been already rejected by
the customs in Hong Kong.
Seriously? Everything? I find that hard to believe. FastTech sells more than just vape-related goods.

And I can't believe Customs would only reject DHL.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Ok so here is an update, just coping from a few posts on another board, so bear with me, they were responses, but you will all get the gist of it...

Please don't. If you're going to copy someone elses content, you need to attribute the source as well as provide credit to whoever posted it. And since you reposted what is basically a copy of an email, it has been removed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread