Will the smoke from a E cig stain walls and other things like clothes ect?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by LarryPer, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. LarryPer

LarryPer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Howdy
    New to vaping
    When I smoke a analog cig,I do it near a open window so my walls and other things wont smell and turn brown.

Should I do the same with E vapor?

Thanks in advance
    Larry

2. Medieval Barber

Medieval Barber Senior Member ECF Veteran

I don't know why it would, the Propylene Glycerine in it is used medical grade inhalers which makes vapor. the rest of it is just water like a humidifier there is nicotine exhaled but in minimal amounts . Does any one else have any opinions. I have vaped for about two weeks and my house already smells better. Anyone else have any inputs?

3. Medieval Barber

Medieval Barber Senior Member ECF Veteran

Keep it up though Larry, I am in the medical field and it is thousand times healthier then, analogs. If you get cravings in the morning try a higher mg juice then you are using. :toast:

4. sailorman

sailorman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

No. It won't stain things. You don't need to open windows and such. Because it's vapor, not smoke. Vapor won't make things smelly either.

Try this test: Blow your vapor through a white handkerchief or napkin.
    What do you see? Nothing. Try that with a cigarette. No! Wait! Don't. Cuz you're a non-smoker now. Just take my word for it. It' isn't pretty.

5. grego66

grego66 Super Member ECF Veteran

I smoked analogs outside and so to keep the habit aspect during the transition to E.Cigs I took my E.Cig outside when I wanted to vape. Recently though I have been vaping more indoors and I have noticed a smell but it's not an offensive smell.

That smell's strength is dependent on the juice but I don't think it is thick enough to stain or tan the walls etc. as the vapour soon dissipates and doesn't hang.

6. bigpman

bigpman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

What stains the walls is the tar, no tar in vapor therefore no stains.

P.S. there is no smoke in e-cigs, just vapor:)

7. Roxxette

Roxxette Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well the smell of some liquids can "offend" some people but its not like the odor will stay :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

VG will eventually stain the walls,,vape 100VG using the same tip for a week,,,it will scare you and gross you out what comes out of the tip !! i am now at least 80% PG..mostly 100% now

9. sailorman

What comes out of the tip is not what comes out of your mouth in the vapor. VG from vapor will not stain the walls. VG is broken down and absorbed in your body just like PG is. What you see in the tip is a mixture of saliva, contents of the vapor and raw juice, not the result of contact with the vapor you exhale. What goes in is not the same as what comes out.

10. Roxxette

If you dont clean the condensation on your drip tips plus the saliva some "nasty" gunk is going to build in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. denali_41

it also coats the windows in your car a lot faster too,,,VG vape will hang in the air for more then 30 mins ,just like ciggy smoke will ...
    after i started noticing this about 100% VG i went to PG and none of the previous mentioned conditions have been notice

12. sailorman

VG is a humectant. What you're seeing on your car windows is almost entirely water from the air. VG is colorless. Something colorless can't stain anything. The tiny quantity of VG that escapes your body in the water vapor may attach to your windshield where it continues to attract and hold moisture from the air. Sorry. VG does not stain anything. And it will not "hang in the air". I vaped 100% VG for well over a year and there is no way in the world that anything hung in the air like tobacco smoke, let alone for 30 minutes. I don't know what you're vaping, but if it's hanging in the air for 30 minutes, it isn't VG. Very little of that even escapes your mouth. It is a natural fat and, just like PG, is almost entirely metabolized.

13. mwa102464

mwa102464 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
    Fog & Frost I bet coat your car windows as well,, hahahah,,,, I would hate to have to not be able to have VG in my juice, I love 80%-100% VG in my mixes all day long, and that thick thick white vapor, plumes of tasty vapor :)

14. denali_41

back in nov 12011 at Oliktok PT ,Alaska,,that is in the arctic,,i was working in a somewhat heated conx by myself,,temp inside was just under 60 degrees,,outside was minus 60,,,,after awhile i noticed a haze of smoke inside the entire conx,,... ?? nobody else has been in here in a more then a hour and i don't smoke ?? then it dawned on me it was my vapin

so i stopped vapin for more the 30 mins,,,the cloud was still there after 30 mins,,,this is a fact that i have seen with my eyes and i know to be true,,this can be re-created very easily by just about anybody that doubts what i have said ,,

if i have seen this,you can believe there are others,

15. denali_41

get two identical white drip tips ,,vape 100% VG for one week,,then use the other tip and vape 100% PG for a week

then compare the two tips,,i have already seen the difference

16. HawkeyeFLA

HawkeyeFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I did the same for the first few days. But we're going into the hot season in Florida, so the fact that I can keep my tuchus inside now when I need my nic is a good thing I think. :) I do still get outside, but just in different ways. Need to start walking more, but I get home from work so late most nights (around midnight) that I just don't feel all that ideal about walking alone that late. Not a bad neighborhood, but still.

17. sailorman

You were seeing water vapor, not VG. VG is metabolized and absorbed by your body. Look it up or ask a biologist.
    And again, what is emitted by your atomizer, before it enters your body, is not the same as what comes out of your mouth when you exhale. It doesn't matter to your walls or windshield what VG is like when it's traveling through your drip tip.

18. sailorman

mysterious duplicate

19. Roxxette

Like sailorman say. What you see in your drip tips is condention + saliva + juice that you pull while vaping (never heard of someone not pulling juice eventually in the tip) if you dont clean well i allready said....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

20. denali_41

try my test,,well i already said....

: provari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.