Will the smoke from a E cig stain walls and other things like clothes ect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
try my test,,well i already said....

Your test merely indicates what comes off your atomizer. You are not hollow inside. Stuff that goes in isn't the same when it comes out. The vast majority of what you exhale is water from your system. That's why you should drink water. vaping is dehydrating. Where do you suppose all that water the PG and VG sucks from your body goes? What is so confusing? Must I get graphic here?

Sugarfoot

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
One Step Beyond
Wow, all this conjecture about how the respiratory system works is quite entertaining. Sounds like there is some confusion between the respiratory system and the digestive system, LOL. The fact is that vaping 50pg/50vg has me cleaning the film from inside of my car windows every couple of weeks - and it's not coming out of my Provari by itself.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It will not stain your walls...ect. like cigs do.

Try this: After a nice long shower or bath, where the room is enclosed and it is nice and steamy to the point where the mirror is all fogged up... take a puff from your e cig. The vapor will be nice and thick and will not dissipate. It's because the room/bathroom is full of moist air and the vapor has no where dissolve.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
No, it's not coming out of your Provari. It's coming out of your body. What do you think happens to all that water you lose and are constantly replacing when you vape? It is exhaled as vapor. It isn't sent to your kidneys.

No confusion at all between the respiratory and digestive system. PG and VG are humectants. They attract water. They do not evaporate. When you inhale VG or PG vapor, or when you expose it to the mucous membranes in your mouth or sinuses, it draws water from those membranes and releases it into the warm air in surrounding those membranes, hence the dehydration. Remember, warm air has a higher capacity to hold water than cold air does. So for the same reason that you can see your breath on a cold, dry day, the air in your lungs is warmer than the surrounding air and all that moisture laden air is expelled into the ambient air where it is condensed into vapor you can see.

The PG or VG also attaches to your membranes, hence the sticky feeling some people report in their noses. There, the VG/PG is metabolized. The water that is mixed with the air in your lungs and mouth is exhaled as vapor. Some PG/VG escapes, but it is not nearly the amount that was traveling up the drip tip from the atomizer in the first place.

Some minute portion of VG or PG will not be immediately attached to your membranes and will escape in your breath along with the water vapor that was released into the air inside your lungs and mouth. That small amount, if deposited on something like your windshield, will sit there and continue to attract moisture from the air, just like it attracted and drew moisture from your mucous membranes. What you are seeing or cleaning from your windshield is not all VG, or even close to it. It is largely moisture that the VG has drawn from the air. In very humid climates, that film will be thicker and collect faster than it would in a dry environment. In a drip tip, it is the thickest, having not yet been absorbed by your mucous membranes, so it attracts and holds any form of moisture, including saliva and juice.

At any rate, VG does not stain your walls. It does not stain your windshield. That was the original question and the answer is still no.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
It will not stain your walls...ect. like cigs do.

Try this: After a nice long shower or bath, where the room is enclosed and it is nice and steamy to the point where the mirror is all fogged up... take a puff from your e cig. The vapor will be nice and thick and will not dissipate. It's because the room/bathroom is full of moist air and the vapor has no where dissolve.

Exactly. The air is already saturated with water and since the vapor is almost all water, it will not evaporate into the air.

Exhale vapor onto your mirror in a normal room with normal temperature and humidity until you see a film develop. Take the mirror out into the hot sun on a dry day and you will see virtually all of it evaporate.

PG and VG do not evaporate. They sit there and absorb water. If that mirror loses it's film to evaporation, then that film was not PG or VG. It was water.

Last edited:

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Howdy
New to vaping
When I smoke a analog cig,I do it near a open window so my walls and other things wont smell and turn brown.

Should I do the same with E vapor?

Thanks in advance
Larry

Personally I wouldn't worry about it. In answer to your heading question, "Will the smoke from a E cig stain walls and other things like clothes ect?", I'd say probably not in this lifetime. The vapor itself won't stain; by the time it reaches your walls, etc. it may pick up impurities from the air which could cause some staining. Then again, so could the vapor from boiling an egg, or breathing - no difference.

Happy, Worry-free Vaping! :vapor:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
yep,,60% of your exhale is moisture,,what is the other 40% ?? water...no
What is moisture but water? If 60% of your exhale is moisture, then 60% of your exhale is water.
Fact is, far more than 60% of your exhale is water (moisture). It's more like 98% or more.

the atomizer is altering the chemical make up of the liquid in the carto\tank,,it is not turning it into water
Read what I wrote again. The atomizer doesn't turn VG into water. Nothing does. VG releases water from your mucous membranes when it contacts them. It stays behind to be metabolized and the water is exhaled.

i see this ,,others will also,,you continue posting as you will in this thread,,but i shall stop now
You don't see anything. You make assumptions about what you think you're seeing without understanding what is really happening.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This thread went South, eh?

my chime in: Neither of you are doctors or lab tech, right? I am sure the truth lies somewhere between...at this point, you both are sharing your opinions and you know what they say about opinions.... This is not worth a quarrel:)

My opinion, and it's just an opinion, is still that there will never be any stains on your walls or furniture from vaping. I've tried the paper towel trick by blowing through the same piece of paper towel for about an hour and have not seen any discoloration on the cloth. I vape blends from 50/50 to 80/20...

The drip tip does get nasty after a while, this is from the e-liquid drizzle (PG, VG, flavor and nic), oils from your lips and even dead skin... Go find a coach, with a whistle, and check the inside of the whistle. You'll find it to be extremely nasty. I understand that they blow into the whistle, but it will show you all the nastiness that is the inside of your mouth..

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
I smoked analogs outside and so to keep the habit aspect during the transition to E.Cigs I took my E.Cig outside when I wanted to vape. Recently though I have been vaping more indoors and I have noticed a smell but it's not an offensive smell.

That smell's strength is dependent on the juice but I don't think it is thick enough to stain or tan the walls etc. as the vapour soon dissipates and doesn't hang.

Taking the ecig outside for awhile may give you the repitition you need to feel like your smoking ... So nothing wrong with that. I do it sometimes also out of habit lol.

Guess what though ... YOU DONT SMOKE ANYMORE CONGRATS!! Just hang out in your recliner, and vape away!!

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Taking the ecig outside for awhile may give you the repitition you need to feel like your smoking ... So nothing wrong with that. I do it sometimes also out of habit lol.

Guess what though ... YOU DONT SMOKE ANYMORE CONGRATS!! Just hang out in your recliner, and vape away!!

Love, love, love the fact that I can vape inside. No more going outside to sweat my behind off in the Florida summer heat on interruptions to my work day. W00T!!

Ellie_onVG

Feb 18, 2012
Here and There
Good morning! Here's the REAL scoop! And I'm sticking to it :p

A mosquito came out of my drip tip the other day! First, the atty went SIZZLE ... then an odd smell, and then I pulled off the drip tip and YIKES, BARF, HORRORS ... there he was ... a regular mosquito. I wanted to run away from home right there and then :p Now I will NEVER put my PV down for any length of time without sticking a piece of paper towl in the drip tip.

I don't notice any film on my laptop screen from the 100% VG I vape. My ejuice is nearly clear .. no colorants other than the slight yellow from the nic. I always drip directly into the atty, then replace the drip tip. An extra step, but this way I don't ever get juice in my mouth. At night, I rinse all used drip tips with water. Wondering if highly flavored, colored juices might make a difference .. leave something more behind?

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

A mosquito came out of my drip tip the other day! First, the atty went SIZZLE ... then an odd smell, and then I pulled off the drip tip and YIKES, BARF, HORRORS ... there he was ... a regular mosquito. I wanted to run away from home right there and then :p Now I will NEVER put my PV down for any length of time without sticking a piece of paper towl in the drip tip.

I don't notice any film on my laptop screen from the 100% VG I vape. My ejuice is nearly clear .. no colorants other than the slight yellow from the nic. I always drip directly into the atty, then replace the drip tip. An extra step, but this way I don't ever get juice in my mouth. At night, I rinse all used drip tips with water. Wondering if highly flavored, colored juices might make a difference .. leave something more behind?

Yikes!! that's a story for the books:)

I wonder the same thing about the flavorings, I think that might be the only thing that might discolor something.

PaulB, I have a bad habit of wiping my drip tips and PV on the bottom of my shirt... I know nasty habbit, but I never have ANY stains from it so I keep going.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

now thats just funny as hell,,i dont care who you are :)
move to Alaska,,skeeters are too big to fit in there,,but they might fly off with you PV :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread