Ended Win again! 100 x Movkin Luggy VT60W & 100 Mini's up for grabs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
TBH, I'm not a big fan of these videos.. In general, somebody gives a new shooter with no experience a gun that is difficult to handle and then they laugh at the results. It has several negative consequences...
1) It creates a potentially dangerous situation
2) The new shooter can get hurt
3) It sours the new shooter to the sport
4) It reinforces the gun-toting yahoo stereotype
Because of those reasons, I ease them into the sport.. I start with a 22lr rifle, with only 1 cartridge loaded in the mag. Once they are comfortable, I go with 2, then 5 and finally mag dumps (that's assuming they are comfortable and all the shots are ending up on paper). That's where they graduate to the AR, where I also ease them in the 1-2-5-mag dump pattern. Finally, I also start them with a single cartridge loaded in the pistol, but off a sand-bag (just a 1-2-5 pattern) and if they are on paper, I let them shoot the pistol unsupported. If there's time for a shotgun, it's the last on the list.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21251-1355941455-1.gif

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
TBH, I'm not a big fan of these videos.. In general, somebody gives a new shooter with no experience a gun that is difficult to handle and then they laugh at the results. It has several negative consequences...
1) It creates a potentially dangerous situation
2) The new shooter can get hurt
3) It sours the new shooter to the sport
4) It reinforces the gun-toting yahoo stereotype
Because of those reasons, I ease them into the sport.. I start with a 22lr rifle, with only 1 cartridge loaded in the mag. Once they are comfortable, I go with 2, then 5 and finally mag dumps (that's assuming they are comfortable and all the shots are ending up on paper). That's where they graduate to the AR, where I also ease them in the 1-2-5-mag dump pattern. Finally, I also start them with a single cartridge loaded in the pistol, but off a sand-bag (just a 1-2-5 pattern) and if they are on paper, I let them shoot the pistol unsupported. If there's time for a shotgun, it's the last on the list.
well said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread