Win Win Win! Huge 600 device Cloupor Mini Plus TC ECF giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Just my humble opinion, (and I know some people in real life that would disagree with me) but I feel religion can become like a chain, keeping people bound to someone else's truth. What you described is not religion at all but Spirituality, which is a whole other thing. Spirituality is about the journey, about discovering the truth for ourselves. Again, this is strictly my opinion but to me Spirituality without Religion is far better than Religion without Spirituality. Not saying religion is bad, by the way. I could write a dissertation on this so I'll stop now. Just wanted to say I like where you are coming from.
that's why I said she was appealing to my spiritual nature

but I avoid religion and politics among friends so Ill hush and back away quietly

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
IKR?...But could you imagine that...both our bloodlines getting together...oh boy the chaos! :laugh:
I'm warning you now the oldest grandson is only three and a flirt and a half...when I come that way to visit he will have to stay with his mommy or he will be so in love with your little angel...

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Hmmm...let's see...
Ya know, I did so much to make my heart sing in the '80s that I'm just kinda coasting now, and once in awhile living vicariously though you all! :laugh:

The History of Cindy:
I literally did sing - in an R&B cover band for 10 years (I started singing when I was 2). Teena Marie, Chaka Khan, Janet Jackson and Donna Summer were my girls. At the same time, I was pursuing my love for graphic arts and kept a day job at a printing shop. I was the resident designer/asst mgr, until the owner retired and I ended up buying him out, to keep me and my friends working. That failed miserably after about 6 years - the shop was a very cleverly disguised lemon. Also, I couldn't keep up with how quickly the industry was advancing during that time, and I never figured out how to manage my friends, who got a little abusive. So now, nothing to show for that, except obsolete experience and back taxes that I have yet to resolve.

After that, I was in and out of college and worked whatever jobs I could find, always with horrible timing. One job was for a 150+ year-old company that ended up folding right before 9/11. One other job, I thought I had finally arrived - office manager for a Silicon Valley startup, making way more money than I ever needed, then it got bought out by a company with their own admin team, right before the recession. So what's a girl with spotty experience and no completed college degree to do, when there are so many better-qualified people out of work? That last layoff actually worked out, because my dad got really sick and I was able to take time off to be his caregiver (actually "drafted" by my sibs). Then my mom came to "visit" (she's retired and lives in the Philippines) and it was her turn for the Cindy love. :wub: During this time, I was also able to rehab Dad's poor, neglected house - my other love: DIY construction.

So now, 7 years later, here I am, trying to find someone who'll hire someone who's been out of work all this time. And it has to happen soon, cuz I'm surviving by grace and I've used up all the money my dad left me. :oops: Hence the desperate face time in this contest. :laugh:

New plan is to resolve the back taxes once and for all, finish up college, and hopefully find a late evening/overnight job that'll let me do all of that. Luckily I don't need much - my home and my car are paid up, so just down to basic necessities now. I'm also hoping to sell everything off and move far, far away from my family. Done with those crazy people. :grr: Just have to figure out where...

See?
blah.gif

:laugh:
not blah blah blah, thank you for sharing!! I for one enjoyed learning more about the life of cindy

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Nope, we strictly do the engineering side. Our customers are Tool & Die shops. We develop the geometry for the initial drawing of the sheet metal part. Binder, draw beads, all that kinda stuff. It's a science/art to figure out how much of the part can be gotten in the first hit to minimize the number of tools required to get to the final product. Then we figure out the rest of the tools needed, build all the Cad surface geometry in solids and sheets, then if requested, we generate all of the toolpath for the various size and type cutting tools needed to fully machine the tooling. After that, we sometimes generate the QC data to verify both the tooling, and the finished products. I would have been happy to do nothing but that, but like I said, a lot of Tool & Die shops have closed, and I needed another business to replace the loss.
    I see, yeah sheet metal tooling can be pretty involved so I am sure the tool design side of things really does involve as much if not more art than science.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    Hmmm...let's see...
    Ya know, I did so much to make my heart sing in the '80s that I'm just kinda coasting now, and once in awhile living vicariously though you all! :laugh:

The History of Cindy:
    I literally did sing - in an R&B cover band for 10 years (I started singing when I was 2). Teena Marie, Chaka Khan, Janet Jackson and Donna Summer were my girls. At the same time, I was pursuing my love for graphic arts and kept a day job at a printing shop. I was the resident designer/asst mgr, until the owner retired and I ended up buying him out, to keep me and my friends working. That failed miserably after about 6 years - the shop was a very cleverly disguised lemon. Also, I couldn't keep up with how quickly the industry was advancing during that time, and I never figured out how to manage my friends, who got a little abusive. So now, nothing to show for that, except obsolete experience and back taxes that I have yet to resolve.

After that, I was in and out of college and worked whatever jobs I could find, always with horrible timing. One job was for a 150+ year-old company that ended up folding right before 9/11. One other job, I thought I had finally arrived - office manager for a Silicon Valley startup, making way more money than I ever needed, then it got bought out by a company with their own admin team, right before the recession. So what's a girl with spotty experience and no completed college degree to do, when there are so many better-qualified people out of work? That last layoff actually worked out, because my dad got really sick and I was able to take time off to be his caregiver (actually "drafted" by my sibs). Then my mom came to "visit" (she's retired and lives in the Philippines) and it was her turn for the Cindy love. :wub: During this time, I was also able to rehab Dad's poor, neglected house - my other love: DIY construction.

So now, 7 years later, here I am, trying to find someone who'll hire someone who's been out of work all this time. And it has to happen soon, cuz I'm surviving by grace and I've used up all the money my dad left me. :oops: Hence the desperate face time in this contest. :laugh:

New plan is to resolve the back taxes once and for all, finish up college, and hopefully find a late evening/overnight job that'll let me do all of that. Luckily I don't need much - my home and my car are paid up, so just down to basic necessities now. I'm also hoping to sell everything off and move far, far away from my family. Done with those crazy people. :grr: Just have to figure out where...

See?
    blah.gif

Sounds like you've led an interesting life! And to be able to take care of your parents like that is just awesome in my book. You're obviously a giving and caring person. And I know good things are coming for you...sending good vibes for things to work out for you soon.

cindycated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    My wife and myself also question what if we where the some of the last people on earth all the time lol
    I know one thing: I've watched so many zombie apocalypse movies that I'm gonna be BADA** when it happens! COME AT ME, ZOMBIES! :laugh:

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    Hmmm...let's see...

The History of Cindy:

After that, I was in and out of college and worked whatever jobs I could find, always with horrible timing. One job was for a 150+ year-old company that ended up folding right before 9/11. One other job, I thought I had finally arrived - office manager for a Silicon Valley startup, making way more money than I ever needed, then it got bought out by a company with their own admin team, right before the recession. So what's a girl with spotty experience and no completed college degree to do, when there are so many better-qualified people out of work? That last layoff actually worked out, because my dad got really sick and I was able to take time off to be his caregiver (actually "drafted" by my sibs). Then my mom came to "visit" (she's retired and lives in the Philippines) and it was her turn for the Cindy love. During this time, I was also able to rehab Dad's poor, neglected house - my other love: DIY construction.

See?
    blah.gif

WELL DONE! You have had some obstacles put in your way, for sure, yet you have one of the nicest senses of humor in this thread.
    Singing is AWESOME, I do it all the time, much to the chagrin of those around me. No bueno, but I don't care!

The graphics design thing. It prolly wasn't a lemon, or your management. Like SO many jobs the past 20 years, technological change has been SO rapid, it is hard to even know WHAT to do to keep pace. I used to use a LOT of services from those kind of companies. But now, with all the inexpensive software available to do that work, and people who do it for a hobby, I rarely outsource any of that stuff. It has killed many similar businesses. Just a timing thing.

And timing, has not been kind to you. Having to find new work, at both 9/11 AND the recession? That's just horrible luck. My 2nd oldest son had agoraphobia until he was 24. Couldn't hold a decent job, life was freaking him out. When he finally got a handle on it, the economy was in the toilet. My kids gotta fend for themselves in this world, I am not going to make it easy for them, because I won't always be here. School wasn't his bag, so I talked him into the Navy. He scored super high on their language aptitude test, and found himself in Cali for 2 years, learning Chinese. Reads, writes, and speaks it fluently now. And he is really upbeat, and finishing up a 4 year degree. Living in Hawaii doesn't suck either.

You have a lot of stored up Karma for what you did for your Mom & Dad, and I believe. It'll come back for you.

I know a LOT more about Cindy now, and I REALLY would like to thank you for sharing that. I know it was probably difficult, but you've been here awhile and only making us laugh. And I don't mean to make that sound like it isn't great, it is! But we're all pouring out our guts, and I was wondering... ;) :wub:

GPC2012

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Reedley Ca
    that's why I said she was appealing to my spiritual nature

but I avoid religion and politics among friends so Ill hush and back away quietly
    The two biggest groups of hypocrites in existence since the beginning of time. I have nothing against either it's the people that are in church on Sunday and the house of ill repute on Monday. Or the politician that promises to make life easier for everyone by lowering taxes all the while robbing us blind with a smile on his face.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Reedley Ca
    it's just about finding an employer intelligent and insightful enough to realize the exceptional gifts you can bring to bear... you have the abilities, drive and character to make magic
    Sounds like you need to hire her:D

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    I'm warning you now the oldest grandson is only three and a flirt and a half...when I come that way to visit he will have to stay with his mommy or he will be so in love with your little angel...
    Ha! Looks like Princess Angel has a few worthy suitors in the waiting! :D

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 17, 2015
    Alabama
    The two biggest groups of hypocrites in existence since the beginning of time. I have nothing against either it's the people that are in church on Sunday and the house of ill repute on Monday. Or the politician that promises to make life easier for everyone by lowering taxes all the while robbing us blind with a smile on his face.
    ok so maybe I could talk politics and religion with you since we seem to see eye to eye on the subjects

I learned a long time ago a quick way to lose a friend is those two topics since they are passionate subjects for so many and I do not go along with traditional thinking on either

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    Since were posting family pictures… I'll just leave this right here…
    View attachment 495917

CUTE KIDS!! All blondes?! Norwegian ancestry there Ash? Really cute looking fam. The one in the Hello Kitty looks like she has a lil Shenaniganery brewin in them eyes. Good luck with that!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread