Win Win Win! Huge 600 device Cloupor Mini Plus TC ECF giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
Yeah in ca this part was causing my car to be reporting as a gross polluter So they had put in on the dyno and run tests on all the emission systems and anything related. Then run the computer scan on it replace the part and check it all over again. So friggen stupid. My wife and I are retired and fixed income we qualified for a program to pay $500 to get it fixed but the state has it set up so that you can't get away any cheaper than 500 out of pocket but usually more

Reactions: oldbikeguy

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Yeah in ca this part was causing my car to be reporting as a gross polluter So they had put in on the dyno and run tests on all the emission systems and anything related. Then run the computer scan on it replace the part and check it all over again. So friggen stupid. My wife and I are retired and fixed income we qualified for a program to pay $500 to get it fixed but the state has it set up so that you can't get away any cheaper than 500 out of pocket but usually more

I can understand them wanting to clean up the air out there,I still remember looking back at the coast from sea back in the 70's and seeing a yellow cloud hanging around and thinking I'm breathing that stuff :shock: but that charge is a bit much!!

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    added link to thread in my above post, sir

Watched! Much thanks to Senior Boy for posting someone elses video there.
    Couple thoughts. Those vids are very helpful, but that one coulda used 50% less elaboration, and 100% less condescension. Not a biggy, but a little distracting.

I don't presently own the RBA deck, but he makes some valid points about the limitations of the RBA vs. the OCC's. Now that the OCC's are getting down to $2ish, and as long as they seem to last, not sure I'll bother with the deck. I think I'm wavering on the RTA thing. rda drippers and OCC tanks seem to be my favorites lately.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Thanks LLB!!! I'll get my mechanic to look into it! It's got to be cheaper than replacing the alternator a 3rd time.

Also consider:
    All ends of All power cables, negative and Positive, Must be clean and tight. Ground from Frame to Engine must be clean and tight.

Always have the Alternator tested before replacing.
    Never trust a Walmart Battery:nah:

* Any Belt noises? Squealing?
    Loose power wire at back of alternator?

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    Breadcrumbs your way...

npt.jpg

OH BOY! Where's @AngiBe ? :facepalm:

PPFFFTTTTTT....Thursday is TopLess Thursday...everybody knos that! My pants are on today

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    Wait...today is conversation day??? Where's all the meme posters at???

This contest is wonderfully bereft of the vast number, and those that are posted are mostly and often very cleverly on topic. Conversation rulez!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    I think I'm wavering on the RTA thing.

You would be hard pressed to get my Orchid tanks away from me. Takes 10 minutes to wash and re-wick then they are back in service. Coils last about 4-6 months and I re-wick about every 10-50 tanks.(Flavoring dependent)

Not saying I don't like some coil heads.....but I can match the performance of most and get much better cost to performance off the Decks.

just saying o_O

GPC2012

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Reedley Ca
    I can understand them wanting to clean up the air out there,I still remember looking back at the coast from sea back in the 70's and seeing a yellow cloud hanging around and thinking I'm breathing that stuff :shock: but that charge is a bit much!!
    Oh it's a racket that's for sure. Things have been changing I hope for the better. I passed this year with near perfect stats for a new motor let alone mine with 70,000

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread