Win Win Win! Huge 600 device Cloupor Mini Plus TC ECF giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Hey DC what do you have for cold press, I prefer my coffee hot but might have to look into it
i use a french press - approx 8oz of ground coffee (preferably coarser grind), add water, stir, cap it - let it sit on counter for about 24 hours (personal preference - some folks do 8 or 12 hours, i like it snarky), press and pour into glass bottle and refrigerate - will hold without getting bitter for 6-7 days (never lasts that long... ) i generally drink about 6 oz with about 2 oz of milk...

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Ok, I know some of you guys have been talking about the Crown tank here...is it really that good? I'm looking at one right now and debating whether to get it or not.
Ok, I know some of you guys have been talking about the Crown tank here...is it really that good? I'm looking at one right now and debating whether to get it or not.
love the crown - it and tfv4 are my faves, hands down - the crown is VERY user friendly (It's the LeBeau of tanks - uber and friendly :) )

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
They just rust away?
unless you keep 'em in a garage and wax 'em ocassoinally. This one is finally getting a bit at the bottom of the doors and under the drip rails but for an oldster it ain't half bad :D

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wasn't going there :lol: I had a 87 4x4 that i sold in 07 that still looked fairly good and the kid that bought it smashed it into a big oak 2 weeks after he got it :shock:
We have thought about selling this one but at its age we would probably have to basically give it away so I think we will just keep it. I would hate to see it wrapped around a tree.

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
Hey DC what do you have for cold press, I prefer my coffee hot but might have to look into it

You can do it without a cold press too.

I just fill up a pitcher with 12 cups water, 12tbs of coffee grounds, stir and let sit for 12-24 hours. Get a strainer and fit a coffee filter in it, pour coffee through strainer into new pitcher, put in fridge. Add sugar and milk when you make a glass, then add ice.

:D

Perks of being a barista for years, knowing how to make your own coffee. ;)

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
love the crown - it and tfv4 are my faves, hands down - the crown is VERY user friendly (It's the LeBeau of tanks - uber and friendly :) )
Well I won't get to try my tfv4 until Sunday night...poor thing is at home all lonely in it's box waiting for me...I think I can actually hear it crying from here.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013

Well, how do you like the TFV4? They are VERY similar to me. I don't think I'm digging the tip too much on the TFV4, but I splurged last night on a couple new CherryVape tips (The super polished 2012 Christmas limited editions, which are FAB). I won't pass final judgement until I've tried the .25 in the crown (supposed to be nicer than the .5 I'm using) and also have tried the Quad coil in the TFV4 (also has a stellar reputation).

It is going to get confusing having two kinds of OCC tanks, and all the diff coils around. My suspicion is that the hinge on the TFV4 is not very durable, and I think the Crown may win for reliability.

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
Yeah..what he said :rolleyes: Welcome to the Nut House, @Tilladare! :D
I see you just joined up MONDAY! Wow...like...
Happy ECF Birthday to you!!
:bday:
bd cat2.jpg

bd cat.jpg

...and I'll even do a little dance ....:D ...just kidding...I just wanted to get some of my fans of the "Zombie Cat" worked up:rolleyes:

@Amlowe ...oooooooooooooo I like the new "signature"?? under your avi :thumb: ...I dunno what it means:rolleyes:...I think it means...you need more COFFEE...more SLEEP....a big fat raise ....:D

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    We have thought about selling this one but at its age we would probably have to basically give it away so I think we will just keep it. I would hate to see it wrapped around a tree.

It sure hurt my feelings after all those years of keeping it looking good.:(

Reactions: mattiem

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    Well, how do you like the TFV4? They are VERY similar to me. I don't think I'm digging the tip too much on the TFV4, but I splurged last night on a couple new CherryVape tips (The super polished 2012 Christmas limited editions, which are FAB). I won't pass final judgement until I've tried the .25 in the crown (supposed to be nicer than the .5 I'm using) and also have tried the Quad coil in the TFV4 (also has a stellar reputation).

It is going to get confusing having two kinds of OCC tanks, and all the diff coils around. My suspicion is that the hinge on the TFV4 is not very durable, and I think the Crown may win for reliability.
    thus far, hinges have held up well, but still testing...

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    You can do it without a cold press too.

I just fill up a pitcher with 12 cups water, 12tbs of coffee grounds, stir and let sit for 12-24 hours. Get a strainer and fit a coffee filter in it, pour coffee through strainer into new pitcher, put in fridge. Add sugar and milk when you make a glass, then add ice.

:D

Perks of being a barista for years, knowing how to make your own coffee. ;)

Thank you Maenad! Moar money for OCC's and joozes! I gotta try this, I HAS this equipment. :)

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA

I have no idea how I like my tfv4...sadly it's all lonely at home waiting on me! :(...Guess I'll just have to get the Crown then...if both you and DC say it's good, then it must be...besides one can never have too many tanks, right? :p

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    Thank you Maenad! Moar money for OCC's and joozes! I gotta try this, I HAS this equipment. :)
    you don't has FRENCH press in your vapeocalypse kit? LEBEAU? HELLOOOO? man... they're gonna revoke your card...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread