Win Win Win! Huge 600 device Cloupor Mini Plus TC ECF giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
50033-oh-hello-weekend.jpg

LottaT

Aug 13, 2015
howdy - and welcome! you are in the right place! sorry to hear bout the psoriasis - hope that sorts out son :(
Thanks SO much! I hope I'll get a fix soon too, was at my doc's, my CRP/Sed Rate and temp were all way too high, so my psoriatic arthritis flare is aggressive. But I'm on priority to get in to both dermatology and reumatology (and are going for X-rays etc. today), so I should get in soon and then they'll start me back on biological treatment which should have drastic effect within a few weeks (have been on different such meds before, but decided to have a break due to infections as side effects, which the smoking probably did not help, so I'm more optimistic regarding starting it again now). :)

Now I'll just cross my fingers that maybe I'll get drawn in this, now that would be fun! I never win anything (as most of us!), would have been fun and that little thingie looks neat! :) For now I'll crackle and pop myself through some DIY juice while flat on my chaise longue in front of the TV - busy doing that these days, LOL, who would have thought daytime reality TV could be so entertaining... ;)

Mudmanc4 wrote:
"Lower the PG content to next to non existent!

When I first started vaping, small 'not-pimple like pimples' almost like a rash came about around my hair lines, forehead and neck. That went away real fast. And I can't stand PG, the taste, or the belly ache it gives.

The popping is likely moisture that was absorbed in your mix, has that tendency. Or i should say on your wicking, which should stop. Unless you've added a good bit of water to your mix and it's not yet mixed well?"

Thanks a lot! I'll try to use less PG (I did buy some that had 70%, that really irritated my throat! I would not be surprised if going down to 20-30% would be more than fine. Don't know though if the liquid needs water then, since VG is so much thicker than PG?). I thought that maybe there could be some moisture absorbed into my mix (I did not add any water though). I know that along the way, I use one syringe for another taste in one bottle, then rinsed it off, shaked it and thought that I could get away with not drying the inside of it, thinking that the moisture for the most part would be pressed out when I put the syringe together. There may have been a little water left. Maybe it's an idea to take the bottles affected and leave them out with the cap off overnight, to see if that'll help. But as long as I know that it is most likely water, not something wrong, I'm not worried. It's just a little noisy and makes me startled now and then when it gets really loud. I like the idea of just making my own juices though, it is much easier and I don't have to import so much (as most of the juice is PG/VG, makes little sense to pay lots of S&H and sometimes high tax on this). The only thing that really has to be imported, is nicotine, as that is forbidden to sell here (Norway). It's not that easy to find flavorings either though, so I have imported these too, but basically, a little flavoring goes a long way, so does the nicotine. And I can just make larger batches of the flavors I like a lot. Mostly I like quite simple things, citrus, some berries, licorice and menthol (going to try koolada too) and probably cola (haven't tried it yet, but have made a little, but got a bit skeptic when I saw the flavoring, it at least has a ton of coloring, got a bit worried that it may be very messy. The juice, even with a few drops of flavoring got really black)... Just ordered some new lemon flavoring, which is supposed to be very strong. Hope I can make a super nice and strong "yellow strepsils" type flavor. That might just be my all day long taste (like an even better iSmokeKing Four Elements Hurricane!)! For now I'm trying some Lemon/Lime from Perfumer's Apprentice (if I remember their name correctly), but probably have to use a little more than I did, both with the Lemon/Lime and Menthol. I don't really know yet how much I should use of the menthol, was a bit worried that the menthol would overpower the fruit taste. Can't remember how much I used right now, but it wasn't enough, so I have to add some more. Maybe the Koolada is a bit easier to use, as it does not have actual flavor to it, just the cooling sensation? Anyway, I guess there is a lot of things I just have to figure out, just need a bit of experience, it is a learning process.

I think I may just go back to the fluid I made, measure it up, use the calculator to up the VG 20% and adjust the nicotine content (I already went way down on it, from 18% to 12%, so I can't just dilute it. Also I should make some at at least 18% for next weekend, as I now vape quite a lot but I am going to a meeting where I have to vape quickly during short breaks, for that I may just need some strong juice. The last time I went, I used 24%)...

You know, one thing I really LOVE about vaping, is how mellow it feels. I have felt such a relaxed feeling ever since I started, while I felt a bit like I was on a roller coaster as a smoker. When you lit a cig, you sort of went straight up, but not long after, you crashed back down real quickly and got a horrible craving. Since I started vaping, I have not felt that craving at all. It is a bit like depot smoking, if you get my drift, LOL... It is so much better. I do have my e-cig on much of the time, but I don't use it constantly, just take a few puffs here and there now and put it away for a while in between. The use has changed a lot since I started...

Sorry guys, this was a long, rambling post again... I am not good at writing short to begin with, but when it comes to this, I'm still excited too, so together - not good... Hope you survived!

Again, thanks for your welcoming and advice, both of you - it is really appreciated! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Cig's are expensive here!)

Reactions: catsitter

LottaT

Aug 13, 2015
I have heard you can replace the battery's. I have not open up one of mine yet. Found this on the web.
View attachment 497197
It sounds kind of logic that you can replace batteries in such units. The only challenge could be that you may have to be able to solder to get it connected. I mean, even in my dog clipper, there are ordinary looking batteries inside when you open it up, it's just that they have wires attached. I found new batteries on eBay once, and had a friend put them in (since I never tried soldering, but I guess it can't be all that complicated). Seems sort of ridiculous to toss an otherwise perfect device, just because the batteries end out bad. We make so much electronic garbage these days, IMO...

I wondered if maybe you could tell me one thing... Do you copy that banner of yours into your reply each time, or is there a place in your account settings where you can add the URL/BBCode? I couldn't find a place to add it... It is sort of cool to watch that banner, esp. how much money one's saving! Two months in, I've already saved more than $1,200, it will be so fun when time really pass, to really FEEL the difference! I am really going to ENJOY it, as it is a lot of money with the cig prices we have here (NOK/Norwegian Kroner 114,- for 20 King Size cig's).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

woodhippy

Master of Know Place
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2014
New Bloomfield MO
I wondered if maybe you could tell me one thing... Do you copy that banner of yours into your reply each time, or is there a place in your account settings where you can add the URL/BBCode? I couldn't find a place to add it..
While logged into the site. Put your mouse cursor on your username in the upper right corner. and click on Signature and paste the code there. Hope that made sense.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Oooh I will have to look into that but will probably make it as heavy as the X Cube
I just got my XCube II yesterday with the TFV4 tank and I have to say that I am loving this set-up. It is big and the Cloupor does look to be perfectly pocket sized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread