Wire/coil gauge efficiency testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY

I'm vaping as fast as I can, Captain! I've only got two lungs...

:D

I'm going to put this on each page so it's easy to reference.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
The first test is done. I'll do this again Monday and average the two results before I add this to the chart.

Kanthal A1 28ga, 4mm ID x 8.4mm = 0.0373mL/puff
430 Stainless 28ga, 4mm ID x 8.4mm = 0.0352mL/puff

Stainless was 5.63% less effiecient.

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
The first test is done. I'll do this again tomorrow and average the two results before I add this to the chart.

Kanthal A1 28ga, 4mm ID x 8.4mm = 0.0373mL/puff
430 Stainless 28ga, 4mm ID x 8.4mm = 0.0352mL/puff

Stainless was 5.63% less effiecient.
Not enough to worry about then?

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Not enough to worry about then?
Honestly the difference was barely perceptible if that. I am really confused by all the people who say that SS heats up and cools down way faster than Kanthal. According to the numbers the Kanthal coil heated up 5.6% faster. How do you get to the idea that stainless heats up faster unless using mech logic.... Ahhhh! A coil producing twice the wattage with the same area would give this impression.

I'll compare the averaged results I get on monday against the model. I don't want the model to influence me in any way.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I've been looking around this sub forum at all the art coils. Feeling the need to make a fancy coil setup to test.

What to make though?

@Tom Forde you might be able to help me on this one. I'm looking for an art coil that isn't just for looks. One people actually vape on. I can build anything so if you would make a suggestion it would be most appreciated.

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Don't like the "coils" like the air flow design.
Not wild about the coil either. Interesting design though. One tube with a notch coil cut out of it up in another chamber. Easy to rewick but kinda messy to fool with.

Overall kind of a Top coil RDTA design.
The wick is just in a tube instead of hanging down thru holes in the upper deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread