Wire/coil gauge efficiency testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Have you tried the same braid but with a single strand of 32g instead of the 2strands?
Did you also stick to your 4mm id?

The first braid I did was single strand and it was very similar. The vapor was diluted somehow when compared to a triple parallel 32ga. Quite diluted actually. I can't quite describe it but easy enough to try if you like.

Do you not think that 2.5id is more the average?

2.5-3 is probably more "average" but I find the coil size that works best in the Velocity is 3.5-4mm based on the spacing of the posts and width and shape of the air inlets.

I have repeated the test using the Serpent mini using 3mm ID coils with 30ga, 28ga and 26ga to make sure the trend held and it did.

Maybe the thing to do is hold a poll on coil id and power and then build accordingly.

Feel free to do so ;)

I'd love to see someone put my results to the test.

It's pretty easy. Pick one atomizer, one wattage and one coil size. Then count the number of fixed legnth puffs it takes to get through a set amount of liquid. I used sets of three 4 second puffs with breaks in between.

Just make sure the only variable is the wire.

All you need is a clock with the secondhand and a piece of paper for marking how many puffs.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
image.jpeg

Reference post

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
No must be more manly like Ugly Tufflink.
Marketing you know.

Thinking about that I wonder how many W a n k o attys have been sold?
Good question.

I still kinda want one.

Idea! Mega Vapor 8000 Turbo Coil. MV8TC for short. Gotta have a cool abbreviation.

Or the Twisted Troll Dragon :eek::D

I like that. I gotta invent a new coil just so I can use that!

Last edited:

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
Great stuff, much apprechiated.
So essentially there is no reason to use thicker wire? As it just needs more power for the same vapor output and if you turn up the power the thinner wire will be outperforming it even more.
Is that about it?
I never got the appeal of thick wire to begin with, but its great that you put out some numbers to "prove" it.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Great stuff, much apprechiated.
So essentially there is no reason to use thicker wire? As it just needs more power for the same vapor output and if you turn up the power the thinner wire will be outperforming it even more.
Is that about it?
I never got the appeal of thick wire to begin with, but its great that you put out some numbers to "prove" it.
Essentially yes. There is a situation where thicker wire or spaced coils help. If you have an atty that is drinking juice but the vape isn't warm enough for the flavor to shine, less vapor and more heat would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread