• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

wire help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
new-google-logo.jpg

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I've a really detailed and scientific article written on the topic in my blog on Ecf if you'd like to see. But chia is right.

It's a common misconception that thicker wire always = more heat and vapor.

It's only true if in the case of a mech,you use thicker wire to drop resistance, such that the resulting increase in wattage overcomes the increase in wire mass,

Or for a regulated mod you pump up the wattage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KenshinAdryan

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Just found out that people actually can keep reusing their coils for weeks! Damn it! I throw my coil and make new one every 3-4days.. How can....... 15ft Clapton finishing now. Tsk! I'm so slow to learn and find out things.

Hahaha! I just heat the coil until red hot and the on the tap so gently that only a small stream of water comes out. Then I put the hot coil under water. Clean as new haha!

Reactions: vaporado

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
E="Karstine, post: 16936657, member: 268813"]Hahaha! I just heat the coil until red hot and the on the tap so gently that only a small stream of water comes out. Then I put the hot coil under water. Clean as new haha![/QUOTE]
So how many times u do that to each coil before u decide to throw them away? And u remove them from ur mod right when u do it??

KenshinAdryan

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2015
Timbuktu, Lalaland
Just found out that people actually can keep reusing their coils for weeks! Damn it! I throw my coil and make new one every 3-4days.. How can....... 15ft Clapton finishing now. Tsk! I'm so slow to learn and find out things.

Btw.. u say u home maker... So should have time in your hands right?

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
@KenshinAdryan @Pisces82 No i do not remove them from the mod, if not how do I get it to become hot ahah! If you are worried about your mod getting wet, Wrap your mod with plastic, exposing only your atty.

I do it 2 times? each time the clean coil last for a week. Most likely it can last 1.5month if I don't run super high wattage and burn off my coil haha!

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
My vape servicing time is also after 11.. Also change coil after 1 week or when hands itchy when people suggest different coil set ups...

So same as u, I also want to know if there is a short cut to save the black coil after vaping about a week.;)
Oh I see. I read some people can reuse for many weeks. So i wana hear from the locals. I wanna save as much as i can cos hubby call this an expensive hobby and ofcos i must prove him wrong. Hahaa.. And many also mentioned the same. They burn the coil til red and dip in a small bowl of water. So didnt even remove from mod.

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
@KenshinAdryan @Pisces82 No i do not remove them from the mod, if not how do I get it to become hot ahah! If you are worried about your mod getting wet, Wrap your mod with plastic, exposing only your atty.

I do it 2 times? each time the clean coil last for a week. Most likely it can last 1.5month if I don't run super high wattage and burn off my coil haha!
Ouhk.... I'm too clumsy for that. I might take it out, hold it with a twizzer and burn using strong windproof lighter and then dip in water. Possible right? But some people said the ohm will increase aft sometime.

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
Thanks @Karstine I will try it once my ironing is done... Need to change my cotton already... My AJ is tasting like BlackCurrent.

@Pisces82 partners should be happier when u switch from analogs to vape. Let's go try the washing method... If doesn't work karstine will help to recoil.
Hahahaa. I love to make coil. But to fix the coil on the mod part is what I find a bit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread