Wisconsin Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don'tReadTheRunes

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
St. Louis MO
"Smoking" means burning or holding, or inhaling or exhaling smoke from, any of the following items containing tobacco:

1. A lighted cigar.
2. A lighted cigarette.
3. A lighted pipe.
4. Any other lighted smoking equipment.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Truly yours,

Barbara Lawton
Lieutenant Governor

I'd like to know what the legal definition of 'lighted' is in this case.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I would keep my enthusiasm a bit low on this one. At the moment e-cigs don't fit the legal definition of smoking in Wisconsin, so it doesn't fit the legal definition of the smoking bans. That could be easily changed.

I just checked my state senator, Fred Risser from Madison, and he is very much on the anti-smoking, quit or die approach to tobacco, and even a link to the FDA report on e-cigs. They could easily pass a law against e-cigs and fold it into the smoking ban.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
If anyone is interested, I have a new article coming out about how the public is being duped by BT & BP into being against e-cigs.

I recommend sending it to your senators, mayors, the governor, etc. maybe being pro-active we can stop them from believing the propoganda!!

I for one would love to see your article, Kristin. Nothing is ever what we are being told, it is always about money and influence. It seems that with the FDA, is it IS approved, stay away from it! Case in point aspartame.

Kurt

MaDPimP

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
WI, USA, Earth
If anyone is interested, I have a new article coming out about how the public is being duped by BT & BP into being against e-cigs.

I recommend sending it to your senators, mayors, the governor, etc. maybe being pro-active we can stop them from believing the propoganda!!

I dont know if you sent it or not yet kristin but any chance we can setup a petition of all us wisconsinites and send a group letter... I know the more the better is sometimes the best way to go but it also helps to present an organized united front....

Just beginning distributing e-cigs, I have been doing alot of searching about bans and such and am glad to see this. I would love to get an accutal copy of this to show potental customers when I walk into their biz.
I am located in southwest WI and everyone here has some kind of fobia tward anything that sticks out of your mouth. Just last night as a test I put an ink pin in my mouth and walked into walmart. Lets just say cops were called before I was asked anything....they just walked up to me telling me that I was going to be arrested for smoking inside. All I have to say is things are going to change.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
I would love to get an accutal copy of this to show potental customers when I walk into their biz.

Why not just print out the most current statutory definition yourself? It's on page 16 of this PDF, courtesy of your state's website:

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/statutes/Stat0101.pdf

I am located in southwest WI and everyone here has some kind of fobia tward anything that sticks out of your mouth. Just last night as a test I put an ink pin in my mouth and walked into walmart. Lets just say cops were called before I was asked anything....they just walked up to me telling me that I was going to be arrested for smoking inside. All I have to say is things are going to change.

Wow! 8-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread