Wismec Reuleaux RX300 Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaponeGiaccone

Mar 8, 2016
Which batteries should I order for the RX300 mod if I plan to use the TFV12 tank and high resistance/wattage coils just between 170W-210W? I'm concerned mostly about the amperage pull displayed on newer mods' screens. I pulse 36A with the G-Priv using LG HB6 or LG HB4 batteries and I'm fine with swapping out sets less than half way drained for a freshly charged pair as often as necessary but would rather...would LOVE to be reassured that 4 Sony VTC5A 25 amp/1500mAH batteries will be strong enough for the TFV12 that's coming in the mail along with the RX300. I just want to know if I can skate by without overheating or restricting performance for safety as many regulated mods do for us automatically. I know voltage adds up with each additional cell added to a mod in series, and the overall battery runtime increases a bit somehow, but what about amperage pull? Will all four 25A batteries with a full charge grant me the safety and ability to vape at 200W with demanding coils with high resistances? If not I'd like to know so I can get LG HB4s and HB6s to marry for the mod. Thanks. Any input from one of you guys/gals who know more about the way these new quad battery mods function would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks again in advance.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Coil resistance doesn't affect battery current in a regulated mod, only the power setting does. The display on that mod is showing you the current from the regulator to the coil(s), not from the batteries to the regulator. In a multi-battery mod the battery current is a lot lower.

Follow the link in my signature and check out my blog entry about calculating battery current for a regulated mod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread