Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi, worth yo buy the wismec dna 200 or the rx200 will be almost same?

I bought a RX200. I use it in VW mode most of the time and it's been flawless for 4 or 5 months now. I've been using it in my workshop for the last few months too. Gets covered in motor oil and sawdust regularly and has not batted an eye yet.

I've experimented with TC with SS builds and the mod sometimes doesn't handle these well. Might be me though, I don't have much experience with TC. Might also be better in TC with nickle or titanium because there is more resistance change per given temperature rise.

Can't compare it to a DNA200 because I don't have one.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Oh a huge difference. When the RX200 is working right, it is beautiful. I have two myself and I kind of wish I never bought them. Just do a search for RX200 problem and you will get an earful. I also have two Reuleaux DNA200 (and other DNA200 mods). No problems like its sibling RX200 (except the same 510 connection). No tiny screen, balance charging works, doesn't overheat, doesn't drain one battery more, one year warranty on the DNA200 board, doesn't stop working with SS TC, doesn't just stop working like the RX200 does for some, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShamrockPat

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The RX200 usually develops a problem running SS TC after awhile. What happens is it goes straight into temp protect right away and there is either little to no vapor. The trick is reflashing the firmware and then it will work for awhile. Both of mine did it about two weeks apart. And one stopped again with SS TC and reflashing didn't work to bring it back. So I switched back to nickel and that works well. I got my two Reuleaux DNA200 later and I stopped using SS. So I can't tell you personally, but others say it works well. I know power mode and Ni200 TC works really well.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
General consistence is don't expect $200 performance from a $50 mod. That said, there are plenty of Satisfied RX200 owners and it out sells the DNA version by a very wide margin.
Some complaints hold water - Charge batteries on an external charger.
Draining one battery faster - most likely many are due to internal charging - 1 cell already low.
Some complaints are one off or just Consumer overly high expectations.

Do your homework
Decide for yourself which fits your need.

Vapenter

Mar 1, 2016
BC, Canada
Tossed mine in a drawer after three weeks, the 510 connection became very touch and go. It would consistently give me an atomizer short message and I would have to unscrew the tank and screw it back on again.

The fiance has the cuboid which has the same 510 and hers started showing the same fault but it took longer to surface since she rarely took her tank off.

VCross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Yucaipa, California
I've had mine for about 3 months now and it's been pretty amazing. Joytech has already made a press release stating that some tanks can cause issues with the 510 connector, specifically the TFV4 and it can void your warranty but I've never found a list of what tanks do this and which ones don't. Just make sure you get the tank on tight without over-torquing it. I've been using mine with an Aromamizer since the day I've bought it and I haven't had any issues. Definitely worth the $40 I paid for it.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
@VCross: Wismec stated about 2 months ago that any 510 longer than 4.6mm may break the 510. So it is easy to measure. And if yours is longer, you have two choices. One don't screw it down all of the way. Two, use something like Mod Guards. They are 0.4mm thick, so if your 510 is longer than 5mm, use two.

oPO0Vel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread