With Cera coming are AVA atomizers EOLed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Hey everyone,

I would just like to shed some more light on the features of the Cera for you, without going into too much detail for this forum. We will still have removable cartridges, and we will offer a thread adapter to convert to 510 from our new larger, more robust thread style for the moders out there. We are focused on the presale right now, but have not lost sight or support for our AVA E-cig users.

In regards to the entry price point, we are coming in at a price where we can sell a superior American sourced and manufactured product, and still keep our doors open here in San Carlos, CA. With that said, a one time purchase for a lifetime of pure vapor will be appealing to those who care, or value their health above a few dollars. We would love to make 500X on every vape, and we could do that with overseas manufacturing using untested foreign materials, assembled with cheap Chinese labor. That is not our way, and never will be. We believe in the quality and ingenuity of American engineering, and feel that providing jobs to Americans is more important than a huge profit margin.

When your vaporizer can literally destroy the competition, there is an argument that goes like "you get what you pay for". This is how we start our day, with a breakfast of champions:

Cera Loose Leaf Vaporizer - BOC - YouTube

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
SleepHater:7882458 said:
Hey everyone,

I would just like to shed some more light on the features of the Cera for you, without going into too much detail for this forum. We will still have removable cartridges, and we will offer a thread adapter to convert to 510 from our new larger, more robust thread style for the moders out there. We are focused on the presale right now, but have not lost sight or support for our AVA E-cig users.

In regards to the entry price point, we are coming in at a price where we can sell a superior American sourced and manufactured product, and still keep our doors open here in San Carlos, CA. With that said, a one time purchase for a lifetime of pure vapor will be appealing to those who care, or value their health above a few dollars. We would love to make 500X on every vape, and we could do that with overseas manufacturing using untested foreign materials, assembled with cheap Chinese labor. That is not our way, and never will be. We believe in the quality and ingenuity of American engineering, and feel that providing jobs to Americans is more important than a huge profit margin.

When your vaporizer can literally destroy the competition, there is an argument that goes like "you get what you pay for". This is how we start our day, with a breakfast of champions:

Cera Loose Leaf Vaporizer - BOC - YouTube

I don't think the price is at all unreasonable for the one with the ss if it works a well as I think it will and us bullet proof reliable. I just don't understand a $250 premium for the titanium. maybe you could comment on why the premium is that large?

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
I don't think the price is at all unreasonable for the one with the ss if it works a well as I think it will and us bullet proof reliable. I just don't understand a $250 premium for the titanium. maybe you could comment on why the premium is that large?

The material is more expensive when sourced locally from the United States. We had to make special requests to find American Titanium to use in our products, and we have worked closely with our Titanium vendor to ensure that we can guarantee the quality of the Titanium in our products. Additionally, there are multiple parts of the Cera that are metal, including the bottom switch receiving collar, switch housing, the cartridge threaded base and set screws, and for the Essential Oil and Liquid Cartridges, the chamber itself.

Different strokes - as long as there is no combustion of tobacco involved it's miles better than a real cigarette.

Precisely, our vaporizers are harm reduction alternatives to smoking, for any substance. Our goal is for people to never smoke again.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
The material is more expensive when sourced locally from the United States. We had to make special requests to find American Titanium to use in our products, and we have worked closely with our Titanium vendor to ensure that we can guarantee the quality of the Titanium in our products. Additionally, there are multiple parts of the Cera that are metal, including the bottom switch receiving collar, switch housing, the cartridge threaded base and set screws, and for the Essential Oil and Liquid Cartridges, the chamber itself. .

Hmmm, Im interested-TITANIUM.... I wonder how the unit will vaporize e-liquid? Im a dripper with HH357 attys... Hard to beat them for performance... So since you dont use 510 attys on the Cera what does it use to vaporize?

wootze

vaping the bone.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Winston Salem, NC
Your right about that but at least there is the SS one that is within reach. I am gonna just wait until they have a sale and pick one up.

Why exactly would u spend that much bank for something that looks like a viborator.
Without variable speed.
U could get much better 4 much less.

I'm done w/ TV. Burned ( literally ) too many times. I mean, what's up w/ that?

They do have great customer svs, though. And the AVA will last forever. Their battery holders...sheesh. I guess you can't use varivolt controls w/ welders gloves.

Last edited:

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Why exactly would u spend that much bank for something that looks like a viborator.
Without variable speed.
U could get much better 4 much less.

I'm done w/ TV. Burned ( literally ) too many times. I mean, what's up w/ that?

They do have great customer svs, though. And the AVA will last forever. Their battery holders...sheesh. I guess you can't use varivolt controls w/ welders gloves.

Why would you be concerned what I spend my money on, also you can not objectively make statements about what someone can get better for less especially since you have not tried the cera. I am happy that there are companies that are working on something new. I am very disappointed lately with atomizer/carto technology and have not had much luck with rba'a myself so I am ready to see how the cera e-liquid version does. I just find it funny that you know what is better than anything else, especially since all of that is subjective.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
It seems pretty clear that TV is not interested in flavor of the month electronics, and is more interested in putting out a quality mechanical PV that will last years and years. I sure as heck don't have a problem with that.

It also sounds like they will be working on a 510 adapter to use the Cera's eliquid cartridge on other PV's - so if you're dying to use it on your Chinese mystery metal PV with a puff counter, you could do so.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
. I am happy that there are companies that are working on something new. I am very disappointed lately with atomizer/carto technology and have not had much luck with rba'a myself so I am ready to see how the cera e-liquid version does. I just find it funny that you know what is better than anything else, especially since all of that is subjective.

I wish I new how it vaporizes e-liquid....
Its order time..http://thermovape.force.com/IdaSearch?menuItem=E-LIQUID

Pre Order Policies: Projected shipping dates for the first batch of Cera orders begin December 10th

Last edited:

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
It should work the same way as the essential oil cartridge (there are videos up), except with a higher resisted coil, because e-liquid doesn't need the wattage that essential oil does.

I am still eagerly (read: impatiently) awaiting the eliquid demos, however.

Me too............ hope its hits harder than the AVA's did.. Im really into the performance of the HH's...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread