With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by Nikkel, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikkel

Nikkel Moved On

2. sonicdsl

sonicdsl Reviewers Mgr
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Media & General News

3. DrMA

DrMA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Vapers can use all the friends we can get. Besides, second hand stupidity is a well-known health risk, and Gutfeld makes that point well.

I guess I don't quite see your point...

4. crxess

crxess ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you don't make a little noise how would you expect to be heard? :)

5. Nikkel

Nikkel Moved On

I've heard it said that if you really want to be heard, whisper. I don't know if that is true or not. Might have some truth in it.
    I do know that saying something loudly doesn't make it any more (or less) true.

6. Nikkel

Nikkel Moved On

7. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

O......K......I came, I watched, I don't get it. Am I to take this seriously since as fox stated there are no scientific facts to date on second hand vape. I hate non-factual based hysteria no matter what level it's based at, it appears stupid and childish.

8. Ar10shooter

Ar10shooter Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Really?

What is wrong with you? It's a fair comment I don't get why you would suggest he is an enemy? The 5 has a lot of viewers and he makes a good point. Sounds like a guy I want on my side.why though are you so quick to start name calling?

9. Nikkel

Nikkel Moved On

In a nutshell, my point is this: instead of being proud of having the support of Faux News, we should be ashamed of it.

10. Ar10shooter

No. I don't get it either. I guess in your view that makes me a gnat as well. Ok, no big deal I have been called worse by better people.

11. Nikkel

Nikkel Moved On

12. Ar10shooter

Hmmm. I never met the guy but it seems to me he stated an opinion in a fair and polite way. You started calling names. But I'm new maybe you two know each other and this is just a thing

Now back on topic. Vapers don't seem to have a lot of friends in the media I think we should take all we can get. Like or dislike their style.

13. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Fox News has done many segments detailing personal vaporizers in a positive light. The article was much better researched than the normal mainstream media screaming about poisons and "save the children".

14. Ar10shooter

Stosh I love your sig. Can I steel that? Lol that is just awesome.

15. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Used to be more accurate when I used a RoughStack and homemade box mods....:lol:

Steal away...more people that get that feeling the better.

16. Nikkel

Nikkel Moved On

Much better researched? It is a bald-faced lie to say "it's just water vapor". I don't want people like that on my side. I reject their offer of friendship.

17. TomCatt

TomCatt Da Catt Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    IMO the "it's only water vapor" claims are as bad as the children/flavors claims. Just because the ANTZ lie and exaggerate doesn't mean we have to.

18. TheJakeBailey

TheJakeBailey Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Here's what sucks about this, and why our political system is absolutely broken... The only reason Fox would take this stance,is because the Dems are the one's pushing the regulations. If it were the other way around, they would back it 100%. And I agree, this clown doesn't know any more facts about e-cigs than the other side does. To base your whole argument on "it's just water vapor," proves that. It's NOT water vapor kids. That doesn't mean it's dangerous, but spreading that myth is just as bad. When the other side points out that it ISN'T water vapor at all, it makes us all (vapers and the industry) look like we lied about it.

19. TheJakeBailey

TheJakeBailey Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Or at BEST, it makes it look like we really don't know anything about whatwe are putting in our bodies, and therefore SHOULD be regualted for our own good.

20. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

That was when Greg first started ecigs and we had about 4 different threads on that video at the time. He's since backed off of the water vapor thing. But the displacement that occurs in the lungs does end up with much water vapor as you know well. Of course, it's not that is it only water vapor, but because of the desiccant aspect of PG and VG, it is more water vapor than expelled second hand smoke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.